Return of Rental Deposit.

2 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

There is your solution right there in your own words... you were happy to skip the TM30 requirement because IO's weren't concerned... but it was still a requirement... you couldn't be bothered... the cost of 500 baht is nothing compared to the cost of being "found out" for non compliance for 4 years so pay it and shut up... now you want to make it the landlord's "duty" and are willing to break your lease and forfeit the 2 month's security deposits... sounds like neither you nor your landlord have very good communication skills. 

I never skipped the TM30 in the previous 4 years, you need to keep upto date. It was only recently Immigration required a TM30 to be filed even if you were returning to the same address. When I re entered Thailand last year the owner did the TM30 but at the same time complaining it cost him 500 baht. This time he gave me 2 documents which didn’t align and refused to give me one’s that did so I could do a TM30. My wife asked him on numerous occasions for them, he refused and he gave us 2 months notice.

Fortunately I avoided the embarrassment of going to Immigration with the wrong documents and a possible fine and used an agent who initially said they couldn’t do it because of this but in the end did.

Why would the ‘owner’ give me a House Book’ which is not in his name but his ID Card, obviously he doesn’t own the property and must of been aware the documents wouldn’t be accepted at Immigration ?