Thailand Daily News May 2nd: American Youtuber attacks girlfriend for "content". (Video)

Hey, everyone! Welcome back to another episode of Good Morning Thailand. I’m Jay, and joining me is Alex. Today’s chat is brought to you by Car Zuno, your go-to for leasing new cars here in Thailand.

Let’s dive right into today's top story! It’s about Microsoft making a big move in Thailand by opening its very first Regional data center right here. This is a big deal for us as it’ll boost cloud service and AI capabilities in our region. Following a similar investment in Indonesia, where Microsoft pumped in $1.7 billion, they're now adding this data center as part of their dedication to powering up digital skills across Southeast Asia, planning to train a whopping 2.5 million people by 2025! It's tech growth on the fast track!

Switching gears, we’ve got a bit of a troubling report. An American YouTuber, known as Mr. Murphy, is making headlines for all the wrong reasons. Allegedly, he attacked his girlfriend with a golf club as part of a video stunt. Both she and her sister ended up hurt. While his friend claims it was just for the camera, the cops are taking it pretty seriously. It raises a big question about what's acceptable in the name of content.

image.png

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, reefsurfah said:

Another wannabe YouTube loser going for the clicks in LOS 🖕🏼

Apparently the guy had millions of subscribers as a fitness/bodybuilding content creator then lost his marbles and his livelihood.  Pretty sad.  It's strange, to my ears, at any rate, that his girlfriend's 16 year old sister is living in the same house. 

3 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

It's strange, to my ears, at any rate, that his girlfriend's 16 year old sister is living in the same house. 

Strange? Why?

I have both my wife's teenage nieces living with us.

It's bloody awful and certainly not what some may think it's cracked up to be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Strange? Why?

I have both my wife's teenage nieces living with us.

It's bloody awful and certainly not what some may think it's cracked up to be.

I assume, perhaps incorrectly, that you're older than 31 and more mentally stable. A fit 31 year year old is like a bull. 

Teens are the last thing I'd want under my roof. 

Translation: American farang gets tired of abuse from family and government sources and retaliates.  Now he faces ten times the punishment he would receive in civilized countries and the family will get NOTHING after the police get through draining his bank account.  Thai justice is done.