Condo tax in Pattaya

Confirmed :

Tried to pay at 7-11, didn't work.

Tried to pay at Krungthai and they informed me about an error in Barcode and QR code.

Messaged their LINE account "taxincomepattaya" now, let's see if I get a reply.

I guess I'll need to get a yellow book.

13 minutes ago, tgw said:

Confirmed :

Tried to pay at 7-11, didn't work.

Tried to pay at Krungthai and they informed me about an error in Barcode and QR code.

Messaged their LINE account "taxincomepattaya" now, let's see if I get a reply.

I guess I'll need to get a yellow book.

I'll just message them on Line, then pay on the app then send them the screenshot, no big deal

• Thanks 1

On 6/12/2024 at 5:19 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I'll just message them on Line, then pay on the app then send them the screenshot, no big deal

Sorry if this is a dense question but when you say pay on the app, do you mean by Line Pay?

24 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Sorry if this is a dense question but when you say pay on the app, do you mean by Line Pay?

No, they provide their bank details (probably the same as i posted further up the thread), then pay using those details in your bank app or website whatever you use, then send them the screenshot receipt (automatically saved by the bank app on your phone)

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2024 at 1:44 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Anyone still not received their bill yet? I haven't 

Go to the city hall, deadline was 30 of June. I did not receive my bill this year (not the first time I didn’t get one). I went to pay it last week and got a surcharge of 10% + another 1% (1 month late) : 520thb total damage.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, teigen said:

Go to the city hall, deadline was 30 of June. I did not receive my bill this year (not the first time I didn’t get one). I went to pay it last week and got a surcharge of 10% + another 1% (1 month late) : 520thb total damage.

I've messaged them, see what they say

9 hours ago, teigen said:

Loads of bills had a problem with the QR code not working, so could not pay online.

me included. so had to go to there office.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2024 at 8:27 AM, teigen said:

I paid mine at City Hall in May as soon as I got it but I thought we had until 31 August to pay (I paid in August last year and wasn't fined) 

• Agree 1

On 7/27/2024 at 11:44 AM, Pattaya57 said:

I paid mine at City Hall in May as soon as I got it but I thought we had until 31 August to pay (I paid in August last year and wasn't fined) 

Different years, different dates - probably.

The announcement for the 2024 paiement deadline is to be found on the City Hall website - but only in Thai : https://pattaya.go.th/2024/03/07/กำหนดเวลาการแจ้งประเมิ-2/ 

I confirm that I had to pay a 10% fine. If you forget it and receive the warning letter it is 40% and the land department will block any possible transfer of your property untill they get the money.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, teigen said:

Different years, different dates - probably.

The announcement for the 2024 paiement deadline is to be found on the City Hall website - but only in Thai : https://pattaya.go.th/2024/03/07/กำหนดเวลาการแจ้งประเมิ-2/ 

I confirm that I had to pay a 10% fine. If you forget it and receive the warning letter it is 40% and the land department will block any possible transfer of your property untill they get the money.

Link came up with nothing useful 

Screenshot_2024-07-29-15-22-01-377_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Agree 1

On 6/8/2024 at 12:47 PM, digbeth said:

It absolutely does, owner-occupier are exempt, that means having name in Tabien Baan blue or yellow will exempt you from the tax  

So this maybe a tricky question.

I live in a house, 15km outside the Pattaya district.

The land is of course in the name of a Thai, but the building is in my name. Building license and everything in my name.

I have a yellow book.

Until today I have never received any request to pay the property tax, and neither the landowner.

So am I exempt from the property tax or not? And since I never received a bill, should I let sleeping dogs lie?

Edit to add: The landowner doesn't live here, and has another property, where he lives and is registered.

Edited by CallumWK

17 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Link came up with nothing useful 

You are right, the link doesn't work correctly with my phone web browser also, but is perfect when using Chrome on my PC, go figure.

As a work around with your phone, you can remove the "intro.php" padded on the link and download the City Hall pdf file.

• Like 1

I sent them a Line message, 3 days ago, no response so far but public holiday and weekend etc so called them, they gave me the amount and i paid using my bank app and sent them the receipt on Line. Deadline is today, then there's a surcharge, nothing to lose sleep over

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I sent them a Line message, 3 days ago, no response so far but public holiday and weekend etc so called them, they gave me the amount and i paid using my bank app and sent them the receipt on Line. Deadline is today, then there's a surcharge, nothing to lose sleep over

Just curious. Did someone speak English? I didn't think to call them. 

Thanks for the feedback here before to try Line.

I sent messages in Line with English and google translated Thai included.

When they answered, all in Thai.

So for this year's tax I contacted them on Line to announce I wanted to pay by bank transfer. No response after many days, so I just paid it and included a message and pic of the transaction. 

I identified myself with my name and Owner Code which I found on this year's bill.

I think the deadline for this year's bill was actually end of June, not July.

The deadline for previous bills was today. 

Anyway, after several days, they did send an acknowledgement that they had received the payment but also some very incoherent info about a previously owed bill or bills from years back. It did mention small penalties for overdue bills. But what they didn't tell me is exactly how much to pay to clear all previous bills INCLUDING PENALTIES. 

So I sent multiple messages over several days asking for that information. 

Finally, TODAY which is the last day before the deadline they did send that so I paid that by bank transfer. A ridiculously tiny amount of money, but happy to get it cleared.

I'm not sure if you can pay after today if you know what to add for the penalty or not.

Maybe they have a payment window and only accept payments at all during that time. Don't know.

So the moral of the story is that this can all be done with Line without knowing Thai but you need to be very very patient about expecting responses.

• Thanks 1

A bit curious about what happens if you never pay that tax and just ignore it for years.

At this point, the tax rate is absurdly low but sure that might change.

As said, there is a penalty for being overdue but nothing onerous.

Being from the US I know if you fail to pay property taxes, you can lose your entire house! Property taxes can be very high there so there are a lot of people that just can't pay them.

I seriously doubt they are putting people's condos on the market here overall tax payment failure, but could they legally do that? 

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Just curious. Did someone speak English? I didn't think to call them. 

Yes the lady spoke enough English to give account details and answer simple questions. Using Line is slow can take days for a response

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

A bit curious about what happens if you never pay that tax and just ignore it for years

Land office not allow sale to proceed. 

You may not be able to sell your property, smilar to Juristic fees if unpaid you are unable to sell. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Land office not allow sale to proceed. 

You may not be able to sell your property, smilar to Juristic fees if unpaid you are unable to sell. 

Yeah I knew about that.

Pretty mild and not an issue if you're not selling.

I find it odd that they don't include back taxes due on annual billings. They would get more people paying if they did.

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

As an alternative to all the above line messaging and bank transfers with follow-up messages to confirm payment (all done over several days), you can just do an easy trip to City Hall, especially now that payment deadline has passed.

Step 1: Staff gives you ticket # and when called they check your complete record on computer and will either confirm invoice amount is correct or will add past unpaid and/or any late penalty.

Step 2: you'll get another # for payment counter in same room where you pay the cash and get receipt

The room is on the ground floor underneath the huge cement steps (I just waived my tax invoice and security pointed me to right room).

Time taken for the 3 times I've been is 10-15 minutes and room is air-con with plenty of seating. Was a really easy process for me

Good report but next year the QR codes will be working again for sure, right?

• Haha 2

On 7/29/2024 at 9:00 PM, CallumWK said:

So this maybe a tricky question.

I live in a house, 15km outside the Pattaya district.

The land is of course in the name of a Thai, but the building is in my name. Building license and everything in my name.

I have a yellow book.

Until today I have never received any request to pay the property tax, and neither the landowner.

So am I exempt from the property tax or not? And since I never received a bill, should I let sleeping dogs lie?

Edit to add: The landowner doesn't live here, and has another property, where he lives and is registered.

then the owner already has rights to the free  one property where he lived, 

having someone on the tabien baan either blue or yellow one will incur smaller rate than the rate for unoccupied land, but not free like owner occupied one

not sure if how you structured the ownership of the building and the land as a lease either usufruct or superficies would you be recognized as building owner?  

the property tax law provision are:

sole land and building owner are entitled for tax exemption for up to 50M baht value propety

sole building owner are entitled to exception for up to 10M baht value property, 

so they do recognize building owner, but how to satisfy that is probably up to the amphur 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, digbeth said:

then the owner already has rights to the free  one property where he lived, 

having someone on the tabien baan either blue or yellow one will incur smaller rate than the rate for unoccupied land, but not free like owner occupied one

not sure if how you structured the ownership of the building and the land as a lease either usufruct or superficies would you be recognized as building owner?  

the property tax law provision are:

sole land and building owner are entitled for tax exemption for up to 50M baht value propety

sole building owner are entitled to exception for up to 10M baht value property, 

so they do recognize building owner, but how to satisfy that is probably up to the amphur 

Thanks for the detailed response.

The land is on 3 year lease, because I'm also the mortgagee of the land, and the mortgage is registered at the land department.

The building license and contracts are in my name, and the landowner had to sign documents at the Orbotor to allow that.

I was also told by the Orbotor that if the property get sold, it will be 2 separate sales, and the sale of the house has to be publicly announced at the Orbotor for a certain time, to be sure there is no objection. So obviously the Orbotor recognizes the house as to be owned by me.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

As an alternative to all the above line messaging and bank transfers with follow-up messages to confirm payment (all done over several days), you can just do an easy trip to City Hall, especially now that payment deadline has passed.

Step 1: Staff gives you ticket # and when called they check your complete record on computer and will either confirm invoice amount is correct or will add past unpaid and/or any late penalty.

Step 2: you'll get another # for payment counter in same room where you pay the cash and get receipt

The room is on the ground floor underneath the huge cement steps (I just waived my tax invoice and security pointed me to right room).

Time taken for the 3 times I've been is 10-15 minutes and room is air-con with plenty of seating. Was a really easy process for me

A lot more time consuming, ok for a last resort

16 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

A lot more time consuming, ok for a last resort

Ok if you think 10 minutes at city hall to have it all done and dusted in one go is overly time consuming compared to people messaging and phoning over several days, which was what I was giving an alternative to. I always combine it with a Terminal 21 visit so getting there is not a problem for me

Now if only they provided valid QR codes it'd be simple for everyone

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Ok if you think 10 minutes at city hall to have it all done and dusted in one go is overly time consuming compared to people messaging and phoning over several days, which was what I was giving an alternative to. I always combine it with a Terminal 21 visit so getting there is not a problem for me

Now if only they provided valid QR codes it'd be simple for everyone

Thing is it's not 10 minutes, it's the driving there and back, potential problem once there, it's a bit like the guys who insist on going to Immigration to do TM47 when you can do it 2 minutes online. Yep hopefully next year they get the QRs working like last year