Condo tax in Pattaya

6 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

What a <deleted> drama queen. Oh, I'm too good to go to City Hall, I'll go to banks I have no account with instead and then complain when they say no lol

Geez you're a insufferable troll!

People here were suggesting that what I tried was possible at least in previous years.

I happened to be on Pattaya Tai today for other more important business so I tried and like a good expat not a vile sniping troll like you I reported the results so others can learn from my experience. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Geez you're a insufferable troll!

People here were suggesting that what I tried was possible at least in previous years.

I happened to be on Pattaya Tai today for other more important business so I tried and like a good expat not a vile sniping troll like you I reported the results so others can learn from my experience. 

You're the insufferable troll. I've tried to help people by saying how easy City hall is, 10 minutes only in air-con....hardly more time than you spent on here trolling how impossible it is

Edited by Pattaya57

13 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

You're the insufferable troll. I've tried to help people by saying how easy City hall is, 10 minutes only in air-con....hardly more time than you spent on here trolling how impossible it is

Better yet, just present your yellow book to the Tax Office and get a permanent exemption from paying any tax on your condo. 🙂 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

Better yet, just present your yellow book to the Tax Office and get a permanent exemption from paying any tax on your condo. 🙂 

we know it was life changing for you but for the rest of us life's too short to waste time getting it at Pattaya City Hall

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

we know it was life changing for you but for the rest of us life's too short to waste time getting it at Pattaya City Hall

But life's not too short to waste time going to the Tax Office year after year or otherwise screwing around trying to pay the tax.🤣

• Agree 1

Does anyone have a good conspiracy theory about why the tax office has made it impossible for many of us or more to pay the bill online by scanning the flippin' QR code that they send with the bills? 

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

But life's not too short to waste time going to the Tax Office year after year or otherwise screwing around trying to pay the tax.🤣

I find it easy to pay the tax, 2 minutes by scanning

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Does anyone have a good conspiracy theory about why the tax office has made it impossible for many of us or more to pay the bill online by scanning the flippin' QR code that they send with the bills? 

have you contacted them yet? the payment details below were provided earlier. I would message them first to confirm the details below are correct

Screenshot_2024-05-04-06-19-17-901_com.brave.browser~2.jpg

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I find it easy to pay the tax, 2 minutes by scanning

Life's too short to waste 2 minutes of it scanning something. And I'll just keep that money, thank you.

It seems others don't find it easy, however. Best make a video for them to follow.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Don't sweat the small stuff.

I live in a 100+ sqm condo and my bill was 904 baht. My QR code didn't work this year and I'd read on here KrungThai weren't processing the payment. So a trip to City Hall, in and out in 15 minutes followed by a nice lunch and a look around in Terminal 21 for a change. 

It's not difficult really is it unless you just like complaining about small things

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Life's too short to waste 2 minutes of it scanning something. And I'll just keep that money, thank you.

It seems others don't find it easy, however. Best make a video for them to follow.

Not possible by QR scan for the banks I have this year.

Of course it's easy if it worked 

Impossible if it doesn't.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, kinyara said:

Don't sweat the small stuff.

I live in a 100+ sqm condo and my bill was 904 baht. My QR code didn't work this year and I'd read on here KrungThai weren't processing the payment. So a trip to City Hall, in and out in 15 minutes followed by a nice lunch and a look around in Terminal 21 for a change. 

It's not difficult really is it unless you just like complaining about small things

You didn't actually reply.

59 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

have you contacted them yet? the payment details below were provided earlier. I would message them first to confirm the details below are correct

Screenshot_2024-05-04-06-19-17-901_com.brave.browser~2.jpg

I haven't tried Line.

My post was about QR code scanning with Bank accounts online.

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Is it perhaps that it only works with particular bank Apps, as I believe my Water and Electricity bills do.

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

You didn't actually reply.

I only got my bill at the weekend, tried the QR code on receipt which didn't work, checked the updates to this thread, so went to City Hall Monday and dealt with it.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Thailand J said:

I was at Pattaya City Hall to pay condo tax, 1256B for a 140sm condo.

QR code payment doesn't work this year. The front desk said next year it'll work, we'll see.

So they f-ed up.

Why send out QR codes that don't work?

Like ever heard of TESTING stuff first?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kinyara said:

I only got my bill at the weekend, tried the QR code on receipt which didn't work, checked the updates to this thread, so went to City Hall Monday and dealt with it.

Did you need to show ID such as passport?

2 hours ago, kinyara said:

No, just the bill was all they need.

So, @Jingthing, you can just pay Grab delivery to go pay your tax for you. It works extremely well on your phone.

Or a motorcy taxi driver. I used to pay one to do my 90-day reports, before online and before the new paperwork requirements and longer waits. 

On 5/3/2024 at 9:42 AM, Pattaya57 said:

I recieved mine on Tuesday. We have until August to pay I think so I wouldn't sweat it being a little late.

I tried to scan the QR code to pay in my Krungsri app but says can not recognize. So I guess I'm off to City Hall again, which has always been simple and quick but just a little bit of a hassle to get there.

QR Code doesnt work.  But apparently can pay at Krungthai branch in Central festival which will be more convenient for many.  Our condo juristic also gave out a link for direct transfer which I used, but cannot find details atm

PH

On 5/3/2024 at 10:21 AM, Pattaya57 said:

The Condo property tax is only for people who rent out their Condo. However to prove that you don't rent out a condo and actually live there you need to get a yellow book and show it to City Hall.

I don't know how to get a yellow book so I just pay the tax but mine is 1147 baht so I'm thinking about it

Edit: I'm wondering why a TM30, 90 day report and Residence Certificate wouldn't be enough proof that I live in my Condo?

Who told you that!!!  ???  Is a tax on the condo, nothing to do with who lives (or doesn't) there

PH

9 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Who told you that!!!  ???  Is a tax on the condo, nothing to do with who lives (or doesn't) there

PH

It absolutely does, owner-occupier are exempt, that means having name in Tabien Baan blue or yellow will exempt you from the tax  

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, digbeth said:

It absolutely does, owner-occupier are exempt, that means having name in Tabien Baan blue or yellow will exempt you from the tax  

https://www.tilleke.com/insights/new-land-and-building-tax-act-thailand/

New Land and Building Tax Act in ThailandThailand’s new Land and Building Tax Act B.E. 2562 (2019) (the “Act”) came into effect on March 13, 2019. Payment of land and building tax under the new Act will be required from January 1, 2020, onwards.

The new Act revokes and replaces various pieces of formerly applicable legislation, including the House and Land Tax B.E. 2475 (1932) and its amendments; the Land Development Tax B.E. 2508 (1965) and its amendments; the Notification of the National Executive Council No. 156 dated June 4, B.E. 2515 (1972); and the Royal Decree Designating the Medium Price of Land for Land Development Tax Assessment B.E. 2529 (1986).

Under the Act, both individual and juristic persons who have ownership, possessory, or usage rights over land or buildings (including condominium units), as of January 1 of each year, will be required to pay land and building tax to the local administrative authorities. Payment will be due in April of each year.  

The official assessed price of the land, building, or condominium unit, as determined by the government authority for the purpose of collecting registration fees under the current Land Code, will be used as the basis for calculation of the land and building tax. The actual land and building tax rate that authorities will collect will be announced by royal decree in due course, subject to the fixed maximum rates, exemptions, and transition period rates outlined below. 

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

https://www.tilleke.com/insights/new-land-and-building-tax-act-thailand/

New Land and Building Tax Act in ThailandThailand’s new Land and Building Tax Act B.E. 2562 (2019) (the “Act”) came into effect on March 13, 2019. Payment of land and building tax under the new Act will be required from January 1, 2020, onwards.

The new Act revokes and replaces various pieces of formerly applicable legislation, including the House and Land Tax B.E. 2475 (1932) and its amendments; the Land Development Tax B.E. 2508 (1965) and its amendments; the Notification of the National Executive Council No. 156 dated June 4, B.E. 2515 (1972); and the Royal Decree Designating the Medium Price of Land for Land Development Tax Assessment B.E. 2529 (1986).

Under the Act, both individual and juristic persons who have ownership, possessory, or usage rights over land or buildings (including condominium units), as of January 1 of each year, will be required to pay land and building tax to the local administrative authorities. Payment will be due in April of each year.  

The official assessed price of the land, building, or condominium unit, as determined by the government authority for the purpose of collecting registration fees under the current Land Code, will be used as the basis for calculation of the land and building tax. The actual land and building tax rate that authorities will collect will be announced by royal decree in due course, subject to the fixed maximum rates, exemptions, and transition period rates outlined below. 

https://www.tabao.go.th/index/add_file/xrnlt0QTue100508.pdf

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Phulublub said:

PH

You can Google many sites that all say the exact same thing, but here's one example whereby if your name is in the yellow book and actually reside there you are tax exempt if property less than 50 million baht 

(Plus many people on here have confirmed they don't pay the tax because they have name in yellow book)

Land and buildings tax exemption

Land or buildings which the owner uses for a residential purpose and has his/her name listed in the household registration certificate on 1 January of the tax year shall be exempt from the value of the tax base if the calculation of tax does not exceed THB 50 million.

https://thailand.acclime.com/guides/land-buildings-tax/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1