De Niro Speaks Truth To Power

25 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The only person shot was an unarmed Trump supporter. You need to try harder.

They were going to block verification of the vote, dispose of Mike Pence, and have Chuck Grass let declare that the states need to do something to put Trump back in power. Alternate electors and all that.

If you actually believe that would have worked, you're as nutty as any Proud Boy, IMO.

Guns were brought to the insurrection.

Do you disagree?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The only person shot was an unarmed Trump supporter. You need to try harder.

They were going to block verification of the vote, dispose of Mike Pence, and have Chuck Grass let declare that the states need to do something to put Trump back in power. Alternate electors and all that.

If you actually believe that would have worked, you're as nutty as any Proud Boy, IMO.

My post stated that guns were brought to the insurrection, but you responded orthogonally with a comment about someone being shot.

What's your point?

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you think it was a crazy plan, don't blame me, blame Trump and his mooks who thought it up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Danderman123 said:

If you think it was a crazy plan, don't blame me, blame Trump and his mooks who thought it up.

Proof is required that Trump thought it up. No proof means it's not true.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

A great guy and a great actor, DeNiro.

My highlights from the interview:

When asked if he would ever play Trump:

'Never. There is not one redeeming thing about Trump'

'It's like he wants to do the most horrible things he can think of, in order to, what? Get a rise out of us..?'

'Trump isn't just a bully, he's a stupid bully'

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

It's a bit pathetic really. DeNiro has spent too much time playing tough guys in movies, now he thinks he really IS a tough guy. Nah, he's just a guy that memorizes and reads the words of others in front of a camera. Even funnier, I heard DeNiro criticizing Trump for not having any 'real world experience'.....this coming from a man who has spent his life in the pretend world of Hollywood. Spoken about a man who ran a real estate business for decades in New York City.

Self parody doesn't do justice. 

• Confused 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Guns were brought to the insurrection.

Do you disagree?

No guns were fired by protesters, nor did any protester carry a gun into the Capitol building. 

Do you disagree?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The point was that the only person using a gun was a policeman. Mentioning guns that were not in evidence and were not used is just deflection.

And that policeman effectively murdered the small, female, unarmed veteran. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, mogandave said:

No guns were fired by protesters, nor did any protester carry a gun into the Capitol building. 

Do you disagree?

Yes.

One protestor fired a gun.

But my point remains: guns were brought to the insurrection, irregardless of how you try to change the subject.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

DeNiro is a giant. A true American hero. He speaks the kind of truth others are afraid to utter, for fear of prosecution and persecution from a petty, very angry, and very bitter man, if the tragic outcome happens, and he is re-elected. 

Celebrities of his stature have a pulpit, people worship them these days, and he is simply using that platform to speak his mind. Thankfully, that is still legal and permitted. Kudos to him for his courage and conviction. I agree with nearly everything he has to say about Sleepy Don. 

That's hilarious. Who, particularly in the entertainment industry, is afraid to speak out against Trump?

It takes no courage and conviction to spew hate to raucous applause. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

That's hilarious. Who, particularly in the entertainment industry, is afraid to speak out against Trump?

It's as if you were speaking about Trump himself, you literally could not have been closer to the mark if you're speaking of hatred and Trump in the same sentence. 

That is just to the man is, that's who he's always been. My guess is that he was just a foul, discontent child, and he's been that way ever since. As a matter of fact he's still a foul discontent child, what am I saying? 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It's as if you were speaking about Trump himself, you literally could not have been closer to the mark if you're speaking of hatred and Trump in the same sentence. 

That is just to the man is, that's who he's always been. My guess is that he was just a foul, discontent child, and he's been that way ever since. As a matter of fact he's still a foul discontent child, what am I saying? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

You have some knowledge of world events, so I’ll commend you@flyguy330  ,so thanks.

Its hard for me to find any good in politicians & elites who condone open borders and 

globalization of a one government entity , such as the European  Union while destroying traditional values of the middle class in my country.

biden handlers have gone to far left !

Trump knows he can’t fix it in 4 years!

That being  said he’ll lay the foundation for others who believe in America First values.

God save the Republic 

imop

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/7/2024 at 4:32 PM, Danderman123 said:

Yes.

One protestor fired a gun.

But my point remains: guns were brought to the insurrection, irregardless of how you try to change the subject.

Okay, none of the protestors fired a gun inside the Capital building, and none of the protesters was shown to have carried a gun into the capital builtlding. 

Do you disagree?

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Okay, none of the protestors fired a gun inside the Capital building, and none of the protesters was shown to have carried a gun into the capital builtlding. 

Do you disagree?

No.

The insurrectionists didn't guns to stop the vote certification or to capture members of Congress, so your point is irrelevant.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, riclag said:

You have some knowledge of world events, so I’ll commend you@flyguy330  ,so thanks.

Its hard for me to find any good in politicians & elites who condone open borders and 

globalization of a one government entity , such as the European  Union while destroying traditional values of the middle class in my country.

biden handlers have gone to far left !

Trump knows he can’t fix it in 4 years!

That being  said he’ll lay the foundation for others who believe in America First values.

God save the Republic 

imop

Get help.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

No.

The insurrectionists didn't guns to stop the vote certification or to capture members of Congress, so your point is irrelevant.

I disagree.

Do you agree with me disagreeing with you?  And why is that?

Do you agree that you should be bringing up the January 6 th demonstrations in every third thread you post in?  I disagree.

Do you agree that the fact of you bringing up January 6th an additional 20 more times than you already have is going to change the outcome of January 6th?  In what way?

Do you agree that January 6th will have little or no effect on election day?

Are you saying January 6th could have an effect on Trump’s current trial?  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/7/2024 at 10:39 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Proof is required that Trump thought it up. No proof means it's not true.

Trump was indicted for it. No idea when the trial is going to happen.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You just lost any respect I had for you with that vile comment. Off to ignore with you.

No doubt he thing George Floyd is a hero.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

No.

Three years and no one convicted of insurrection. How would stopping the certification change anything? 

In any event, I did not ask if you thought it was relevant, I know the only thig relevant to you is to get Trump. 

What I asked if you disagreed that none of the protestors fired a gun inside the Capital building, and none of the protesters was shown to have carried a gun into the capital building. 

Hey, I bet you're still hoping to get you loan forgiven for your teacher degree, yes?

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Three years and no one convicted of insurrection. How would stopping the certification change anything? 

In any event, I did not ask if you thought it was relevant, I know the only thig relevant to you is to get Trump. 

What I asked if you disagreed that none of the protestors fired a gun inside the Capital building, and none of the protesters was shown to have carried a gun into the capital building. 

Hey, I bet you're still hoping to get you loan forgiven for your teacher degree, yes?

Your standard MO is to chop up a crime into discrete actions and then arguing that since the individual actions in themselves were not crimes, then the entirety wasn't really a crime:

"Your honor, Mr. Dahmer is accused of using a knife to kill his victims.

He invited people to his house. Where is it illegal to invite people to your house?

Where is it illegal to buy a knife? 

He gave people sleeping pills.

Where is that illegal?"

21 hours ago, mogandave said:

No doubt he thing George Floyd is a hero.

George Floyd was killed for passing counterfeit money.  Apparently that is worthy of the death penalty, per MAGA types.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1