Unmasking the Deeper Agenda: The Evolution of Anti-Americanism in Campus Protests

image.png

In recent years, protests on college campuses have shifted from critiques of specific policies to broader condemnations of America itself. What began as expressions of concern over Israel's actions in Gaza have morphed into demonstrations attacking the fundamental institutions and values of the United States. At the forefront of this movement are students who advocate for "universal liberation" while denouncing America as a "death country."

Campus protests are no longer limited to advocating for trans rights or condemning specific government actions; they have become platforms for a radical ideology that demonizes America and seeks its dismantlement. The American flag, once a symbol of unity and freedom, now elicits cheers when torn down from university flagpoles. The chants of "Free Palestine" have been replaced by slogans calling for the overthrow of all existing systems.

At the heart of these protests is a belief that America is inherently oppressive and irredeemable. The military, law enforcement, and democratic institutions are all portrayed as tools of exploitation and domination. Professors, often sympathetic to these views, propagate a narrative of America as a force for evil in the world, fostering an environment where dissenting opinions are marginalized and ideological conformity is rewarded.

Social media has amplified these sentiments, providing a platform for the dissemination of anti-American propaganda. TikTok algorithms promote divisive content that further fuels the flames of discontent among young people. As a result, we are witnessing a generation of students who view their own country with suspicion and disdain.

This phenomenon is not confined to the realm of academia; it has broader implications for America's standing in the world. When the youth of a nation reject their own country, it undermines the credibility and influence of that nation on the global stage. At a time when authoritarian regimes are on the rise and threats to democracy abound, the world needs American leadership more than ever.

2024-05-07

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Indeed "death to America" is now being touted:

We found numerous disturbing pieces of literature in both encampments but wanted to highlight this most disturbing one, clearly stating:

“Death to America !”

5 hours ago, Social Media said:

image.png

In recent years, protests on college campuses have shifted from critiques of specific policies to broader condemnations of America itself. What began as expressions of concern over Israel's actions in Gaza have morphed into demonstrations attacking the fundamental institutions and values of the United States. At the forefront of this movement are students who advocate for "universal liberation" while denouncing America as a "death country."

Campus protests are no longer limited to advocating for trans rights or condemning specific government actions; they have become platforms for a radical ideology that demonizes America and seeks its dismantlement. The American flag, once a symbol of unity and freedom, now elicits cheers when torn down from university flagpoles. The chants of "Free Palestine" have been replaced by slogans calling for the overthrow of all existing systems.

At the heart of these protests is a belief that America is inherently oppressive and irredeemable. The military, law enforcement, and democratic institutions are all portrayed as tools of exploitation and domination. Professors, often sympathetic to these views, propagate a narrative of America as a force for evil in the world, fostering an environment where dissenting opinions are marginalized and ideological conformity is rewarded.

Social media has amplified these sentiments, providing a platform for the dissemination of anti-American propaganda. TikTok algorithms promote divisive content that further fuels the flames of discontent among young people. As a result, we are witnessing a generation of students who view their own country with suspicion and disdain.

This phenomenon is not confined to the realm of academia; it has broader implications for America's standing in the world. When the youth of a nation reject their own country, it undermines the credibility and influence of that nation on the global stage. At a time when authoritarian regimes are on the rise and threats to democracy abound, the world needs American leadership more than ever.

2024-05-07

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Same sort of nonsense was said about student demonstrators against the war in Vietnam. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I smell Soros money...  lots of the student 'protest' groups trace their funding back to the Open Society Foundation. Politico ran an article about it a day or two ago;

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/05/05/pro-palestinian-protests-columbia-university-funding-donors-00156135

When the New York Post & WSJ reported it ,it was fluffed off as Conspiracy Theories ,anti Semitic by the usual leftist!

Much of the dark money is legitimate but  now it is involved in Death to America chants & violence . Is there a Reasonable Prosecutor who can raise A  grand jury to enforce Ham Sandwich Law in my country?

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Why is the simplest explanation of campus protests so hard to accept?

Young people were sympathetic to Palestinians even before the war began. Why is that ignored?

Variations on this idea that young people have been snookered into opposing Israel’s handling of the war in Gaza have been rampant in recent weeks. It’s a subset of a much longer-standing belief, particularly on the right, that young people arrive at their beliefs as a function of being brainwashed by various actors or technologies.

https://archive.ph/BtgXX

Oh, no disagreement here. I am sure that there is some genuine sympathy among students. Especially when it ties to an underdog narrative or a comfortable racial narrative. University age students are adults, true. Yet they are unique among all adults in many having very little life experience or anything in the way of adversity or responsibility in their lives. Which gives them time and energy to engage in these activities.

It was funny (to me anyway). The biggest thing my wife said about the protests was, "don't they study? Don't any of them have part time jobs? Why do they have so much free time to do this?!?"  A very... Japanese... perspective on the situation.

But the actual protests and how they were organized/held clearly show other players were present than simple student protesters. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

Oh, no disagreement here. I am sure that there is some genuine sympathy among students. Especially when it ties to an underdog narrative or a comfortable racial narrative. University age students are adults, true. Yet they are unique among all adults in many having very little life experience or anything in the way of adversity or responsibility in their lives. Which gives them time and energy to engage in these activities.

It was funny (to me anyway). The biggest thing my wife said about the protests was, "don't they study? Don't any of them have part time jobs? Why do they have so much free time to do this?!?"  A very... Japanese... perspective on the situation.

But the actual protests and how they were organized/held clearly show other players were present than simple student protesters. 

Once again, the same kind of thing was said about student demonstrators against the war in Vietnam. Back when that was an unpopular point of view. Who turned out to have a better understanding of the situation there?

And what about the Iraq War?

Students Cut Class To Protest War

High school and college students around the country walked out of class Wednesday to protest a war with Iraq, holding a series of rallies organizers predicted would be the biggest campus demonstrations since the Vietnam War.

The "Books not Bombs" strike was being coordinated by the National Youth and Student Peace Coalition, formed following the Sept. 11 attacks.

"The Bush administration is intent on plunging America into an illegitimate and pre-emptive war in Iraq that will only increase danger for Americans and the world," the coalition says on its Web site. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/students-cut-class-to-protest-war/

• Like 2

Just now, impulse said:

One big difference is that the protestors of the '60s were likely to be sent to fight in Vietnam.  And many had friends and family that had already been drafted and sent.  They were protesting something that affected them on a personal level.

Which, if anything, should mean that their protests were influenced by strong self-interest and not entirely based on principles.

11 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Which, if anything, should mean that their protests were influenced by strong self-interest and not entirely based on principles.

One way to look at it.

Another way is that today's protesters are just trying to piggyback on the misfortune of others, trying to feel oppressed when they are actually living in a rather free society. Hence the inevitable narrative shift from protesting the war to protesting America as somehow a terrible and evil place.  

I don't think I ever saw a protester with a sign that said, "I support the Palestinian people, but I hate Hamas!".  I guess that would be a little too nuanced.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Social Media said:

At the heart of these protests is a belief that America is inherently oppressive and irredeemable. The military, law enforcement, and democratic institutions are all portrayed as tools of exploitation and domination.

That's what the January 6. terrorists, and the MAGA-movement believes too, in addition to wanting,  and trying, to overthrow American democracy. Anti-American indeed.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Hanaguma said:

One way to look at it.

Another way is that today's protesters are just trying to piggyback on the misfortune of others, trying to feel oppressed when they are actually living in a rather free society. Hence the inevitable narrative shift from protesting the war to protesting America as somehow a terrible and evil place.  

I don't think I ever saw a protester with a sign that said, "I support the Palestinian people, but I hate Hamas!".  I guess that would be a little too nuanced.

I don't think you would find many genuine student protesters having any affection for Hamas at all. Most of them just want to see an end to the genocide.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

One way to look at it.

As Philip Bump pointed out in his article, young Americans were far more pro-Palestinian before this war. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

There are two tyes of Immigration  Good and Bad - meaning the peole are overall good or bad for the country.  Bad tends to be the illegals, but it also includes the legals who refuse to assimilate and who hold on to their home country 'issues'.  Holding on to culture is OK, but holding on to the problems is not good.  These young stupid students are being heavily influenced and controlled by bad immigrants. The West is beginning to realise that not all immigration is good for their country, and this one example (violent supporting of Hamas terrorists) is starting to show more than ever before, why the West needs to limit immigration from 'troubled' countries.  

One of the  most bizarre and tendentious posts ever to appear on aseannow.com. And that's saying a lot.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Excogitator said:

I don't think you would find many genuine student protesters having any affection for Hamas at all. Most of them just want to see an end to the genocide.

Most of them just want to see an end to the genocide.

Most of them sound ill informed about the Genocide 

President of the ICJ who delivered the ruling: “It didn’t decide that the claim of genocide was plausible”.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

1st Amendment anyone?

Didn't the police move in when students and outsiders smashed their way into the buildings causing destruction, vandalism and rendering the buildings out of use to others? What has that to do with 1st Amendment?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Didn't the police move in when students and outsiders smashed their way into the buildings causing destruction, vandalism and rendering the buildings out of use to others? What has that to do with 1st Amendment?

Trespass and Criminal Damage are not a Constitutionally protected t rights, freedom of speech is.

But you already knew that Brian.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Trespass and Criminal Damage are not a Constitutionally protected t rights, freedom of speech is.

But you already knew that Brian.

You said "1st Amendment anyone?"

Why and what context specifically

• Confused 1