Tensions as IDF Orders Evacuation of Parts of Rafah Amidst Threat of Ground Invasion

6 hours ago, placeholder said:

I actually believe that the bombing campaign should be expanded. Israel should target a country that helped to keep those terrorists in power for years. Israel should start bombing Israel now.

I hope there’s no one from Israel or that have friends or family living there read that sinister and sick post.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, coolcarer said:

I hope there’s no one from Israel or that have friends or family living there read that sinister and sick post.

What I think is sick is that the gung-ho supporters of Israel continually blame the Palestinians in Gaza even though Israel took action to bolster support for Hamas in Gaza.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

What I think is sick is that the gung-ho supporters of Israel continually blame the Palestinians in Gaza even though Israel took action to bolster support for Hamas in Gaza.

Na you already revealed what you think. Vile

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Na you already revealed what you think. Vile

Like all the gung-ho supporters of Israel, I see you have no answer for the fact that Israel helped to perpetuate Hamas' hold on Gaza.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Like all the gung-ho supporters of Israel, I see you have no answer for the fact that Israel helped to perpetuate Hamas' hold on Gaza.

Sick post. Cannot be walked back

1 minute ago, coolcarer said:

Sick post. Cannot be walked back

More empty comments from you.  It is a fact that Israel helped perpetuate Hamas' hold on power in Gaza. Maybe you're living in an information bubble?

• Like 1

Biden says US won’t supply weapons for Israel to attack Rafah, in warning to ally

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden said Wednesday that he would not supply offensive weapons that Israel could use to launch an all-out assault on Rafah — the last major Hamas stronghold in Gaza — over concern for the well-being of the more than 1 million civilians sheltering there.

https://apnews.com/article/israel-weapons-shipment-us-eed365ebef0477ba74bf9848cacae4f4

2 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Biden says US won’t supply weapons for Israel to attack Rafah, in warning to ally

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Joe Biden said Wednesday that he would not supply offensive weapons that Israel could use to launch an all-out assault on Rafah — the last major Hamas stronghold in Gaza — over concern for the well-being of the more than 1 million civilians sheltering there.

https://apnews.com/article/israel-weapons-shipment-us-eed365ebef0477ba74bf9848cacae4f4

Running 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1326880-bidens-conditional-weaponry-a-shift-in-us-policy-on-israeli-operations

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, placeholder said:

More empty comments from you.  It is a fact that Israel helped perpetuate Hamas' hold on power in Gaza. Maybe you're living in an information bubble?

Already given comments on this gross post of yours, the rest is now you attempting a lame deflection and trying to squirm out of it. No justification no matter what for  your "belief." I will no longer engage with such a person who can make such disgusting statements. 

"I actually believe that the bombing campaign should be expanded. Israel should target a country that helped to keep those terrorists in power for years. Israel should start bombing Israel now."

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, coolcarer said:

Already given comments on this gross post of yours, the rest is now you attempting a lame deflection and trying to squirm out of it. No justification no matter what for  your "belief." I will no longer engage with such a person who can make such disgusting statements. 

"I actually believe that the bombing campaign should be expanded. Israel should target a country that helped to keep those terrorists in power for years. Israel should start bombing Israel now."

Do I really have to explain to you that the point of the comment was to make clear the hypocrisy Israel's gung-ho supporters who blame the Palestinian civilians for supporting Hamas and maintain that the Palestinians have no one but themselves to blame for their suffering? If anything is disgusting, it's that.

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Do I really have to explain to you that the point of the comment was to make clear the hypocrisy Israel's gung-ho supporters who blame the Palestinian civilians for supporting Hamas and maintain that the Palestinians have no one but themselves to blame for their suffering? If anything is disgusting, it's that.

I know I really don’t need to explain again why it was such a disgusting comment do I?

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

They tend to eventually out themselves, the veil always slips.

Certainly the evasiveness in regards to this issue reveals the hypocrisy and callousness of both of you.

• Haha 1

Just now, placeholder said:

Certainly the evasiveness in regards to this issue reveals the hypocrisy and callousness of both of you.

Nothing evasive here, more than happy to point out the veil slip

image.png.2bb97fdb303839a4b59e76ed9c0c6b38.png

The subject matter has been discussed numerous times, always brought up by apologists again and again despite it being in so many previous topics with the facts and not taken out of context. Your comment on it will also now never go away.

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Nothing evasive here, more than happy to point out the veil slip

The subject matter has been discussed numerous times, always brought up by apologists again and again despite it being in so many previous topics with the facts and not taken out of context. Your comment on it will also now never go away.

It's said that right wingers are less able to detect irony and autistic people not at all. Which one are you?

Just now, placeholder said:

It's said that right wingers are less able to detect irony and autistic people not at all. Which one are you?

Here come the personal trolling slurs as deflection from this

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes targeted on families. Several families with small children blown up in residential buildings recently, as seen on Al Jazeera.

You can't trust AL Jazeera. They are the mouth piece of the Qatari government who is supporting and housing Hamas. That's like getting the news from some Israeli news station. Wouldn't trust that one either.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, placeholder said:

I actually believe that the bombing campaign should be expanded. Israel should target a country that helped to keep those terrorists in power for years. Israel should start bombing Israel now.

Not to worry, if Biden gets what he wants (aside from reelected), he'll have Iran all set to take care of that. 

Edited by Yellowtail

Here's a rare piece of journalism about what it's actually like for refugees living in Rafah. It's based on an interview with Scott Anderson, deputy head of the UNRWA. Among other things Anderson points out that Al Mawasi, the area it has designated for Rafah refugees to decamp to, is barren of any kind of infrastructure. 

"It is a crappy place. It’s like trying to set up a city on a beach. There’s no infrastructure, there’s no sewage, there’s no water. None of those things exist, and there’s already 450,000 people in that general area. It is crowded."

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/05/08/israel-rafah-scott-anderson-unrwa-00156924

There's a lot more in the article which will probably go unread by the apologists for the way Israel has waged war in Gaza.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, placeholder said:

It's said that right wingers are less able to detect irony and autistic people not at all. 

Who is that said by ?

Who says that right wingers are less able to detect irony ?

9 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Who is that said by ?

Who says that right wingers are less able to detect irony ?

Underlying psychological traits could explain why political satire tends to be liberal

The need for cognition — a psychological term used to describe the enjoyment of thinking and analyzing problems — could help explain the differences in humor appreciation between liberals and conservatives.

According to new research in Psychology of Popular Media Culture, political conservatives tend to score lower on a measure of need for cognition, which is related to their lack of appreciation for irony and exaggeration.

“Having studied the content, effects, and psychological processing of political humor and satire for 20 years, I could never escape the question of why political satire tends to be liberal,” said study author Dannagal G. Young, an associate professor at the University of Delaware and author of the forthcoming book Irony and Outrage: The Polarized Landscape of Rage, Fear, and Laughter in the United States.

https://www.psypost.org/underlying-psychological-traits-could-explain-why-political-satire-tends-to-be-liberal/

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Underlying psychological traits could explain why political satire tends to be liberal

The need for cognition — a psychological term used to describe the enjoyment of thinking and analyzing problems — could help explain the differences in humor appreciation between liberals and conservatives.

According to new research in Psychology of Popular Media Culture, political conservatives tend to score lower on a measure of need for cognition, which is related to their lack of appreciation for irony and exaggeration.

“Having studied the content, effects, and psychological processing of political humor and satire for 20 years, I could never escape the question of why political satire tends to be liberal,” said study author Dannagal G. Young, an associate professor at the University of Delaware and author of the forthcoming book Irony and Outrage: The Polarized Landscape of Rage, Fear, and Laughter in the United States.

https://www.psypost.org/underlying-psychological-traits-could-explain-why-political-satire-tends-to-be-liberal/

That doesn't back up your claim .

Your link states that Right wingers do not appreciate irony , it doesn't say that they cannot detect it .  Liberals appreciate irony and exaggeration as humour whilst right wingers tend not to appreciate it . Yes, its just not funny .

The link doesn't say that Right winger cannot detect irony , it says that just dint find it to be funny 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

Seems Biden finally grew a pair and stood up to the israeli lobby, though perhaps it's more about the election than Gaza.

For information about the weapons the US is sending israel to use on unarmed civilians. That is just what has been paused, not what has already been sent. The have probably used more bombs than there are Hamas fighters. IMO the plan is more about destroying Gaza infrastructure than killing Hamas fighters.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/why-the-u-s-paused-the-delivery-of-2000-pound-bombs-to-israel-ahead-of-a-possible-assault-on-rafah

As it targets Hamas’ underground tunnels in Gaza, Israel has relied on powerful 2,000-pound bombs provided by the United States. But now those deliveries are on hold.

The U.S. is pausing a shipment of 1,800 of the bombs, as well as 1,700 500-pound bombs, U.S. officials said. The decision comes as Israel is planning an assault on the southern Gaza city of Rafah in an attempt to root out the final elements of Hamas.

13 hours ago, eisfeld said:

You can't trust AL Jazeera. They are the mouth piece of the Qatari government who is supporting and housing Hamas. That's like getting the news from some Israeli news station. Wouldn't trust that one either.

LOL. Are you saying the vdo of the destroyed infrastructure was AI generated and there is no destruction in Gaza?

Al Jazeera doesn't just have talking heads telling lies.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

That doesn't back up your claim .

Your link states that Right wingers do not appreciate irony , it doesn't say that they cannot detect it .  Liberals appreciate irony and exaggeration as humour whilst right wingers tend not to appreciate it . Yes, its just not funny .

The link doesn't say that Right winger cannot detect irony , it says that just dint find it to be funny 

Nothing ever backs up Sir Linksalot's posts, he just pretends they do. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Are you saying the vdo of the destroyed infrastructure was AI generated and there is no destruction in Gaza?

He wasn't saying that no .

• Thanks 1

Palestinians flee chaos and panic in Rafah after Israel’s seizure of border crossing

The past three days, streams of people on foot or in vehicles have jammed the roads out of Rafah in a confused evacuation, their belongings piled high in cars, trucks and donkey carts. All the while, Israeli bombardment has boomed and raised palls of smoke.

[...]

The war has killed over 34,800 Palestinians, according to Gaza health officials, and has driven some 80% of Gaza’s population of 2.3 million Palestinians from their homes.

https://apnews.com/article/rafah-israel-gaza-war-hamas-evacuation-e0754cdae0f3786982038e80feaa159e

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No I'm not saying that and I don't know why you suggest I would have. Al Jazeera is not the Thaiger 🙂 But it's really easy to spin facts and present information in misleading ways. Nobody is denying the destruction and I've critized Israel for it. That doesn't change the fact that 1. Qatar supports Hamas and 2. Al Jazeera is the "soft power" broadcast of Qatar. You should take anything they distribute with the understanding that they are not exactly unbiased.

Edited by eisfeld
  • Like 1