Polish Biker and Sidecar Driver Hurt in Thailand Accident

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture courtesy of Siam Rath

A Polish motorcyclist and a Thai sidecar driver were seriously injured in an accident in Sattahip suburb, Thailand yesterday. The collision occurred outside a construction store along Sukhumvit Road. 

The Na Jomtien Police and members of the local Sattahip Sawang Rojanatham Foundation rushed to the scene upon notification of the accident. The two injured men, a 19 year-old Polish national, Benjamin Kesik, and a 35 year-old sidecar driver identified as Mong, were found at the crash site. 

Kesik sustained a severe open wound on his left knee and multiple scrapes over his body, evidently from his damaged Kawasaki motorcycle. He was rushed to the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital for treatment.

image.jpeg

Picture courtesy of Siam Rath

Mong, who was selling roti from his modified Honda Wave motorcycle, suffered from numerous scrapes. He was given medical attention at the Wat Yansangwararam Woramahawihan Hospital. 

A dashboard camera footage from a trailing vehicle revealed the cause of the accident. The Polish biker was reportedly speeding as Mong made a sudden U-turn into his path, leading to the crash. The accident hurled both motorcyclists and their vehicles in opposite directions.

Na Jomtien police are scrutinizing the footage and will summon the parties once they have recovered for legal proceedings. All reported details are based on preliminary information, subject to change as the investigation continues.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-07

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, webfact said:

sidecar driver identified as Mong,

That's a rather politicly incorrect term   but made me laugh.

link to the original article

https://siamrath.co.th/n/533994

looks like the 19 year old foreigner was driving a big bike at speed wearing a pair of shorts and trainers. 

They should have taken him to Wat Yarn hospital which is much closer than Bangkok Pattaya.

This stretch of road is now a very dangerous 5 lane in both directions race track  be careful out there.

Edited by johng
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

a 19 year-old Polish national

I saw the video on Thai social media, the Polish guy just froze, didn't seem to want to avoid collision. 

Obviously lacking experience. 

33 minutes ago, Georgealbert said:

Here is edited dash cam footage.

Thanks for that  what a horrible scene ! 

I can't understand why "mong"

pulls over into the outside lane   as there is no U turn spot  until the next set of traffic lights at the Ocean marina/ motorway 7 junction a good long way further down the road. (you can see the big green sign in the distance)

They are both lucky not to have been run over by other speed maniacs  following along.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

A dashboard camera footage from a trailing vehicle revealed the cause of the accident. The Polish biker was reportedly speeding as Mong made a sudden U-turn into his path, leading to the crash.

A usual incident.

What strikes me is the complete idiot driving the car, taking the video!

He stops to protect the sidecar, not the guy lying on the road, from being run over!

5 hours ago, johng said:
5 hours ago, webfact said:

sidecar driver identified as Mong,

That's a rather politicly incorrect term   but made me laugh.

link to the original article

https://siamrath.co.th/n/533994

That's not the only one...from the Google translation of the Siam Rath article...

" By the front camera The person who followed was able to clearly record the image while crashing, found that Polish potatoes rode the car. Come down the road at the speed before the car stops.The band is going to sell the roti. Turned off the front to go to the front eute. Causing a great crash. People and cars.Bounced off each direction".

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Polish potatoes rode the car

Yes isn't AI great..the Polish guy was riding the bike.

The Thai press used to give every nationality a pet name

meung nam hom  land of perfume  for France

meung poo dee    land of the Gentlemen  for Great Britain

meung saigrock or beer  for the Germans

there are loads of others I cant remember off the top of me head  but some are not very politically correct  maybe that's why they use them much less in reports now.

15 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

What strikes me is the complete idiot driving the car, taking the video!

He stops to protect the sidecar, not the guy lying on the road, from being run over!

Did he perhaps order some food?

• Confused 2