90 Day reporting- registered mail-no response!

3 hours ago, OJAS said:

And equally fairly obvious that you have now craftily amended your profile to make your location a tad more specific.

I did that yesterday, so that people who don't read threads or are not reasonably quick on the uptake, to make it perfectly clear. I actually thought it was clear all along.

Fairly natural when asking about 90 day reporting I was referring to Thailand because Cambodia doesn't do it, Vietnam doesn't have it etc and this is a THAI message board.

It was not uncommon (before the online 90 day reporting program came live) for the Thai immigration offices to take weeks and weeks to mail that receipt of a 90 day report back to the applicant. I once waited 10 weeks to get the receipt and got it just days before I'd decided to go in and apply for the next report in person 🙂

If you don't get the receipt back in the mail you DO have your receipt from Thai post showing the EMS tracking number and what day they received the previous report, so even if you don't get it in the mail before your next report, when you go to apply (which you WILL have to do in person) next time you can show you did indeed apply previously.

I have also seen people going out to report, saying they never got their receipt mailed back and have the officer pull out a BIG BOX of 90 day report return receipt envelope that they had returned to them by thai post as un-deliverable and pull their envelope out of it 😮 

On 5/9/2024 at 9:27 AM, ricklev said:

I don't understand this.  You are saying the 10 baht stamp on the return envelope is no longer accepted at Chaengwattana?  Thanks for clarifying.  I am about to mail it in.  

CW require 12 baht stamps for return mail.

Some time ago I followed the 10 baht stamp,when I received the reply CW had added more stamps to equal 12 baht.

On 5/8/2024 at 5:44 PM, DrJack54 said:

Why folk post this stuff amazes me.

One hour at CW maybe.

Travel to and from CW is another matter, esp for those without car. 

The OP will receive reply for mail application in due course. 

Can take few weeks after due date. 

Understood. Maybe amazing for you, and others, but straightforward and simple for me.

• Sad 2

13 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Understood. Maybe amazing for you, and others, but straightforward and simple for me.

Aren't you lucky..........:saai:

But why don't you do it the really easy way, from the comfort of your own home...? 🤔

Six or seven months ago, when online was going very, very slow, I also started mailing in 90 day notices. While it was taking 10 or 12 days for online to work, mail was even longer. I did always receive replies from both eventually. But the mail would take almost until the next 90 day was due before I received it. 10 or 11 weeks. Nowadays, online works okay. Just a couple of days at most. I would go back and try online if I were you.

One may wonder, when will they abolish this absurd rule. Or at least when will their websites be a bit more respectful to those who bring in big money to Thailand ? The foreign embassies should do some proper lobbying with the authorities here.

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Six or seven months ago, when online was going very, very slow, I also started mailing in 90 day notices. While it was taking 10 or 12 days for online to work, mail was even longer. I did always receive replies from both eventually. But the mail would take almost until the next 90 day was due before I received it. 10 or 11 weeks. Nowadays, online works okay. Just a couple of days at most. I would go back and try online if I were you.

Too late for online now, well out of time.

2 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Too late for online now, well out of time.

I see. Again, it took 10 to 11 weeks to receive the notices by mail. So it could still arrive. I got the impression that they have put mailed in 90 days on the back burner. At least at Chaengwattana. Maybe trying to encourage people to go over to the online 90 days.

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2024 at 11:59 PM, norbra said:

CW require 12 baht stamps for return mail.

Some time ago I followed the 10 baht stamp,when I received the reply CW had added more stamps to equal 12 baht.

You would think they would make some notification of the change on their extraordinarily well-designed website. 🙂

Edited by ricklev
  • Haha 1