LGBTQ+ Students Express Their Identities Through Hairstyles

snoop1130

1715052299_681864-tnamcot.jpg

A popular school in Nakhon Ratchasima now permits boys to sport long hair and girls to wear their hair short, as noted in a post on the Bunwatthana School Students' Council Facebook page. This new dress code policy includes hairstyle guidelines for LGBTQ+ students, allowing boys to tie their long hair in ponytails with white bows and girls to keep their hair short, not going beyond the nape.

After the post went live, it attracted the likes of thousands and was shared by more than 2,000 users.

The school principal explained that the new hair norms are part of an effort to keep up with the changing times, especially with respect to gender diversity. The school is committed to ensuring that all students enjoy equal dress code rights. To establish these specific hairstyle rules for LGBTQ+ students, the school conducted meetings with parents and the student council. The goal is to allow these students to express their gender identity freely, which the school believes will enhance overall student happiness and academic performance.

The authorities hope that if other institutions adopt Bunwatthana School's approach, schools everywhere will become happier environments.

Photo courtesy of Thai News Agency

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-07

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Length of hair now gender-ized ... :cheesy:

That explains it, I was a trans lesbian woman in my youth, and now I'm have a dyke haircut ... F'me

57 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I just hope that I do not become a victim of ambivalent sexism.

i wouldn't give it a second thought if i was you.

• Haha 1

Do any "confused" Thai school kids visit this website?   If not the OP is a complete waste of time, 

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Length of hair now gender-ized ... :cheesy:

That explains it, I was a trans lesbian woman in my youth, and now I'm have a dyke haircut ... F'me

ah yes Pete Townsend, very appropriate,  another one who "got away with it" as  I remember. No smoke without fire and all that  and His sort are never far from the alphabet community.  LGBGTIA+ etc etc or whatever it is these days,     sooner or later there will be a "P" in there somewhere or may be an "M" for M.A.P.       the new " acceptable" euphemism for fiddlers

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

ah yes Pete Townsend, very appropriate,  another one who "got away with it" as  I remember. No smoke without fire and all that  

His lyrics took on bit of a different meaning after coming out a bit.  

All understandable back then, as celebs would lose jobs/$$$, if 'out'.  Especially actors, and certain roles would not be available any more.  So many leading men of days past were gay or bi.  Everyone in Hollywood knew, but not the public.  A few fake marriages & public relationships for smoke screens.

Must have sucked living that lifestyle ... and not in a good way :coffee1:  Even today, it's not a good financial decision to come out.

17 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

His lyrics took on bit of a different meaning after coming out a bit.  

All understandable back then, as celebs would lose jobs/$$$, if 'out'.  Especially actors, and certain roles would not be available any more.  So many leading men of days past were gay or bi.  Everyone in Hollywood knew, but not the public.  A few fake marriages & public relationships for smoke screens.

Must have sucked living that lifestyle ... and not in a good way :coffee1:  Even today, it's not a good financial decision to come out.

As I remember he didn't come out as gay but was caught with "images" on his computer, he tried to say he was researching the banks complicity in these matters by seeing if he could pay by credit card. He manged to get away with it , But there are rumours that the song "behind blue eyes" was actually a veiled confession due to the nature of the  lyrics,  

Nobody knows what its like to have these feelings etc etc     I used to like that song but it does sound a bit weird now having heard that.

He also admitted to being abused as a kid 

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

A popular school in Nakhon Ratchasima now permits boys to sport long hair and girls to wear their hair short, as noted in a post on the Bunwatthana School Students' Council Facebook page. This new dress code policy includes hairstyle guidelines for LGBTQ+ students, allowing boys to tie their long hair in ponytails with white bows and girls to keep their hair short, not going beyond the nape.

I hope the memo reached the old school teachers.

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

1715052299_681864-tnamcot.jpg

After the post went live, it attracted the likes of thousands and was shared by more than 2,000 users.

The school principal explained that the new hair norms are part of an effort to keep up with the changing times, especially with respect to gender diversity. The school is committed to ensuring that all students enjoy equal dress code rights. To establish these specific hairstyle rules for LGBTQ+ students, the school conducted meetings with parents and the student council. The goal is to allow these students to express their gender identity freely, which the school believes will enhance overall student happiness and academic performance.

The authorities hope that if other institutions adopt Bunwatthana School's approach, schools everywhere will become happier environments.

Photo courtesy of Thai News Agency

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-07

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Good principal. I hope many will follow him😘

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I thought they identified by walking funny.

I guess the blue / red bandana (for top / bottom), hanging out of rear jeans pocket on Thursday (or so I was told) is a thing of the past :coffee1: 

zgatoy_13645.gif

Edited by KhunLA

At 77, I sport a virtual Mohawk or a virtual Flattop depending on my mood..

I thought growing a beard and eventually having a comb up and over might do it, but alas my beard got a couple of centimeters long and went on strike.

All politics aside, the trumpster has it sorted, well quaffed and colorized.  

I'd like to know his hair secret.

He ain't got plugs (albiet failed) like the bindenster, so maybe its monoxidil, finesterase and testosterone.

Probably a secret like who killed JFK and the UFO stuff.

Just something we plebs will never know.

(Opinion)

• Like 1

If Thai schools focused more on the subject matters they are supposed to teach and less on policing students' appearance, the Thai education system wouldn't produce the abysmal results we're seeing.