Dentist/dental clinic in Bangkok

I wasn't sure whether to post it here or in the Bangkok section. Anyway, I really should be going to a dentist soon. Mainly for some gum treatment. Can someone, preferably someone with first hand experience, recommend a dentist/dental clinic in central Bangkok? Somewhere not overpriced (as you know, dental work can really be costly, sometimes unnecessarily too costly) and reliable of course. Language is no big deal, as my Thai is of lower intermediate/intermediate level, although if they speak good English that would be a plus of course. 

Cheers. 

Places popular with AN board members include:

http://www.dentalhospitalbangkok.com/

https://dentalhospitalthailand.com/

https://www.thantakit.com/

There are other, smaller (e.g. 1 dentist) places but for gum work you need a periodontist. All of the above should have one.

In general dental work in Thailand is not very expensive unless something like a crown or implant is involved, and in those cases the bulk of the cost is the prosthesis.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Places popular with AN board members include:

http://www.dentalhospitalbangkok.com/

https://dentalhospitalthailand.com/

https://www.thantakit.com/

There are other, smaller (e.g. 1 dentist) places but for gum work you need a periodontist. All of the above should have one.

In general dental work in Thailand is not very expensive unless something like a crown or implant is involved, and in those cases the bulk of the cost is the prosthesis.

I've had quite a bit of dental treatment in Thailand bangkok/kanchanaburi 

Etc, 

The cost has been rising,

I've just returned from Turkey to the uk 4 hour trip, 

The clinic,dentist, was spot on an interpreter, on hand,

A new crown cost me €185 euros 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Mos are not bad, they have many branches one in the basement of exchange tower Sukhumvit. One listed above charged me 6k baht 17 years ago for one simple front filling, never went back

Edited by proton
  • Thanks 1

I can recommend Chulalongkorn Dental Hospital. Basically they have three departments: Urgent / small cases (basement in the building at the end of the internal road), private treatment (building to your left after entering the gate), student treatment (new tall building directly at the gate).

I ever used the urgent case (short waiting time or appointment within one week) and student treatment (cheap, but you need time and patience)

• Thanks 1

I used Thantakit for a complete rebuild and they were first class from start to finish, 28 hours work, extractions, root canals, crowns and bridges, state of the art facilities and equipment with friendly competent staff, highly recommended.

• Thanks 1

I recently went to Bangkok Hospital Dental in Phuket, very professional and quality work, price quite low compared to USA. I don't know about Bangkok Hospital in Bangkok Dental, but if similar to Phuket is likely a good choice. Bumrungrad hospital in Bangkok is also world class, their dental department may also be a good choice, though I don't have personal experience.

• Thanks 1

Best I ever had, been seeing her for almost 20 years and just saw her yesterday. Great English, not cheap. 

IMG_0467.jpeg.461fee036fd085f5174e7edd0fcb4bb2.jpeg

If you want good and cheap, Golden Jubilee Medical Center in Salaya, linked to Mahidol University. 

Buy an electric toothbrush, two minutes morning and night.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, folks. 

Now, 2 things to be done by me :

1) Choose 1 place among the many that have been mentioned above. 

2) Gather the courage to go to that place. Sadly, I am one of those people who keep delaying the visit to the dentist. And, since I haven't done a good job in taking care of my teeth, I am going to have to pay the price (both financially and also I am afraid I might lose some teeth and then require implants, and all the pain and discomfort that come with all this). I really hate myself for this. 

2 hours ago, JemJem said:

Thanks, folks. 

2) Gather the courage to go to that place. Sadly, I am one of those people who keep delaying the visit to the dentist. And, since I haven't done a good job in taking care of my teeth, I am going to have to pay the price (both financially and also I am afraid I might lose some teeth and then require implants, and all the pain and discomfort that come with all this). I really hate myself for this. 

I'm facing a minimum 500K bill for bone grafts, implants and replacement of already missing teeth plus some that will need to be removed.  That is only for the bottom row. 
Top row will be a bit less depending when I do it and what is required at the time. 

I don't mind dentists at all and I can handle just about any amount of pain, I've just prioritised doing things I want to do over the inconvenience of giving up an hour of my time for dental appointments. 

6 hours ago, JemJem said:

Thanks, folks. 

Self fulfilling prophecy. 

Just go, it just keeps getting gets worse. 

You need to get your teeth healthy. 

At a government his hospital (like I mentioned earlier) cleanings, x-rays, fillings are all cheap. Root-canals aren’t cheap, but much cheaper than most private. Implants are expensive everywhere, but you don’t need to get them right away, partial dentures work good and they are cheap. You can always get the implants later. 

Just go to the government hospital that has dental most convenient to your home as you’ll likely need to make a few trips. 1,000 baht will get you an exam, x-rays and a cleaning and you’ll know where you’re at. 

15 hours ago, JemJem said:

Thanks, folks. 

Compare the prices on here:

https://bangkokdentalcenter.com/fees/