Russian Arrested in Phuket for Alleged Illegal Online Work

webfact

Posted (edited)

Although it was certainly illegal work, I think it is not illegal "Online Work." He was advertising online for physical work he was doing in Thailand, which is against the law.

The reason that I make this distinction is that I don't want them to come after Vloggers or Online business people next.  Technically under, relatively new, Thai Law, they could come after Vloggers or people doing International business but they been using wise discretion thus far.

I wish the article didn't call this 'Illegal online work.'

Edited by Parker2100

Russian and Chinese quality visitors Thailand loves. Just as the Thai authorities love to harass the real quality retirees from western europe on visa issues and excessive red tape requirements.

• Confused 1

Amazing news. I feel much more assured that I have been notified that someone worked illegally. I mean that's some heavy stuff that deserves to be reported on. I am sure in Europe, Japan, Singapore and the US they have forums dedicated to foreigners reporting on every single case of petty visa violations /s

5 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

That is a red flag str away advertising thru social media,a thai saw it they were losing out game over for him.

Could you translate that for us!?🙂

• Agree 1

If a russian is using social media to try a get work illegally then only a matter of time someone will say something because it takes away their line of work

16 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

Could you translate that for us!?🙂