Business Class + Re-entry permit at Suvarnabhumi

I've not flown out of Swampy for a loong time.

I've got a trip to Egypt on company dime and the client has deigned to pay for Business Class (a rarity in my industry).

My airport experience is "complicated" by my needing a re-entry permit (I really don't want to mess about at our local immigration office with no A/C in the waiting area).

What's the current process since BC security and passport control is separate from the cattle-class (where I usually reside)?

When you rejoin the plebeian queue after getting your reentry permit you can cut in line.  Last time I did that I had to duck under multiple tape barriers.  (It used to be more straightforward.)  Does anyone happen to know how you unclip the tape to make life a little easier?

25 minutes ago, Foxx said:

When you rejoin the plebeian queue after getting your reentry permit you can cut in line.

Interesting superior view.

I wouldn't let you cut in front of me. 

There is no fast tract lane in Zone 2.

As others have suggested... used correct lane in another Zone and after passing pp control walk all the way round to Zone 2

7 hours ago, Crossy said:

I've got a trip to Egypt on company dime and the client has deigned to pay for Business Class (a rarity in my industry).

My airport experience is "complicated" by my needing a re-entry permit (I really don't want to mess about at our local immigration office with no A/C in the waiting area).

What's the current process since BC security and passport control is separate from the cattle-class (where I usually reside)?

The fast track for business class is all the way to the right now, just follow the signs.

Go through immigration and security as usual.

Once you're in the duty free area, walk all the way back till the Cartier shop. 

Turn left, and go up and right back towards the Re-Entry permit counter. 

I do this regularly, most recent was last month.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Crossy said:

Last year I did the "tell the Fast Track IO that you want a re-entry permit" and was told how to get there after the Fast Track stamp.

This year I didn't bother with Fast Track, just went through the left most departure area and straight to the re-entry desk. I was there at around 1am though and could already see that the queues were low. In all it was probably faster than using Fast Track.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Foxx said:

When you rejoin the plebeian queue after getting your reentry permit you can cut in line.  Last time I did that I had to duck under multiple tape barriers.  (It used to be more straightforward.)  Does anyone happen to know how you unclip the tape to make life a little easier?

I know and I did it. Just pull it upwards

• Like 1

17 hours ago, brianburi said:

meanwhile back on planet earth and not Plebon.......

Last time I got a re -entry permit at the airport one of those really good looking female immigration officers took me to the front of the queue to get stamped out.

I put it down to one of those 'hansum man' experiences.........

Yes brian, right brian...

I didnt see a opportunity for this when flying THAI business last week (This is seperate area to other airlines fast-trak), but it does seem weirdl that rle-entry permit is after main immigration (main immigration+other airline fast trak)

go through the Business Class/Fast Track lane to get airside.  once airside, proceed to the exit ramp for the Hall with the re-entry desk (towards the A/B/C concourses).  go up the ramp and turn right.  there are signs there.  after right turn to end of immigration desks, look to your left and you'll see the re-entry permit desk. 

many people believe you must get a re-entry permit BEFORE you are stamped out, that is WRONG.  lots of people do it after being stamped out.  i've been doing this for many years.  some claim it is 'poor form' as if i'm doing something wrong, even though there are signs directing you to the desk from the airside area !!  it must be OKAY !!  when i say i've never had a problem, i get 'confused' and 'laughing' emojis from those 'not in the know'. 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, buick said:

once airside, proceed to the exit ramp for the Hall with the re-entry desk (towards the A/B/C concourses).  go up the ramp and turn right.  there are signs there.  after right turn to end of immigration desks, look to your left and you'll see the re-entry permit desk. 

Sorry, I don't understand your directions.

I would like to.

What do you mean by "exit ramp"?

What "hall" ?

Edited by Lorry