Unveiling Media Bias The Truth Behind Anti-Israel Narratives

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m not deflecting’ Camera are engaging in exact behavior as Josh Levs, refer my criticism of that above.

That Camera were established in response to news reports of earlier Israeli incursion somebody rise’s land simply underscores the point.

Deflection. It’s fact checking. Something you deliberately ignore. 

11 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Terrorist groups continuously attack Israel .

Israel goes to fight the terror groups to stop the attacks .

Israel gets blamed for starting a war .

I don’t know if anyone who is blaming Israel for ‘starting this war’.

2 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Deflection. It’s fact checking. Something you deliberately ignore. 

CAMERA are involved in a great deal more than ‘fact checking’.

And that ignore thing, does it apply to ‘why CAMERA were established and under what circumstances’?

32 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Jews and Palestinians  lived on the same land prior to 1948 .

When the two Countries were created , Israel and Palestine , the Jews moved from Palestinian land to Israeli land and the Palestinians moved from Israeli land to Palestinians land .

The people moved to different areas 

We must expel Arabs and take their places… and, if we have to use force—not to dispossess the Arabs of the Negev and Transjordan, but to guarantee our own right to settle in those places—then we have force at our disposal.
– David Ben-Gurion, 1937

https://www.bostonreview.net/articles/we-are-not-from-where-we-are-from/

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, johng said:

Nor the photos of the decapitated babies.

True. I guess the photos of the shot, burned, and mutilated ones aren't enough for you. Or the photos of the gang raped teenaged girls being taken back to Gaza.

Jezus. You remind me of the Holocaust deniers... "but the concentration camp survivors said the walls in the showers were white, not beige... so I guess it didn't happen...."   

Edited by Hanaguma
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

True. I guess the photos of the shot, burned, and mutilated ones aren't enough for you. Or the photos of the gang raped teenaged girls being taken back to Gaza.

Jezus. You remind me of the Holocaust deniers... "but the concentration camp survivors said the walls in the showers were white, not beige... so I guess it didn't happen...."   

Please indicate the source of shot, burnt and mutilated baby photos.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

CAMERA are involved in a great deal more than ‘fact checking’.

And that ignore thing, does it apply to ‘why CAMERA were established and under what circumstances’?

This OP is about an award winning journalist experiencing first hand how the media is anti Israel bias. the Camera website provide evidence of that and as a result of their actions false facts are corrected. You are in complete denial. 

Of course the author of one article having celebrated Oct 7th then is allowed to contribute articles in the Guardian. No bias there is there.

20 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Hamas terrorists. They filmed themselves ' at work '. The Israelis released a video called "Hamas Massacre" last year that should serve to feed your purient curiosity.

22 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I guess the photos of the shot, burned, and mutilated ones aren't enough for you.

I guess the photos of  the thousands of shot, burned and blown to pieces by 2000 lbs  bombs is not enough for some either.

21 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Joe Biden said he saw photos of the decapitated babies  but his press handlers had to quickly roll back that claim.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

This OP is about an award winning journalist experiencing first hand how the media is anti Israel bias. the Camera website provide evidence of that and as a result of their actions false facts are corrected. You are in complete denial. 

Of course the author of one article having celebrated Oct 7th then is allowed to contribute articles in the Guardian. No bias there is there.

You’ve added CAMERA who are an organization founded to engage in pro-Israeli news activism. Topically founded in response to news reports of an earlier Israeli incursion into somebody else’s land.

The link I provided includes criticism of CAMERA, they are not without their own faults.

There is a war, there is obviously a battle over reporting of the war as demonstrated by organizations involved in Pro-Israeli news activism and very definitely by the exclusion of international news organization reporters from Gaza.

17 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Hamas terrorists. They filmed themselves ' at work '. The Israelis released a video called "Hamas Massacre" last year that should serve to feed your purient curiosity.

The reason you can't indicate the source is that they don't exist.

6 hours ago, retarius said:

Pretty easy to unravel, anyone supporting genocide is morally depraved.

Casualties from fighting terrorists who started the war does not amount to genocide

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

Do you really think the community guidelines of social media or anywhere else would allow such horrors to be shown online?

45 minutes ago, rattlesnake said:

We must expel Arabs and take their places… and, if we have to use force—not to dispossess the Arabs of the Negev and Transjordan, but to guarantee our own right to settle in those places—then we have force at our disposal.
– David Ben-Gurion, 1937

https://www.bostonreview.net/articles/we-are-not-from-where-we-are-from/

What you say isn't true , you have taken numerous words and put them all together to give a different meaning 

The letter in full is here :

https://www.jewishvoiceforpeace.org/2013/04/06/the-ben-gurion-letter/

The letter is also disputed , a word was mysteriously crossed out by someone and it changed the context 

We must not expel Arabs and take their places 

May have been the original 

12 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You’ve added CAMERA who are an organization founded to engage in pro-Israeli news activism. Topically founded in response to news reports of an earlier Israeli incursion into somebody else’s land.

The link I provided includes criticism of CAMERA, they are not without their own faults.

There is a war, there is obviously a battle over reporting of the war as demonstrated by organizations involved in Pro-Israeli news activism and very definitely by the exclusion of international news organization reporters from Gaza.

Have you read the facts they’ve checked and as a result the BBC and numerous other media outlets have apologized and corrected?

5 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

Bias against Israel? What in the world might  explain that?

The Nakba (Arabic: النكبة an-Nakbah, lit. 'The Catastrophe') was the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians in Mandatory Palestine during the 1948 Palestine war through their violent displacement and dispossession of land, property, and belongings, along with the destruction of their society, culture, identity, political rights, and national aspirations. The term is also used to describe the ongoing persecution and displacement of Palestinians by Israel. As a whole, it covers the shattering of Palestinian society and the long-running rejection of the right of return for Palestinian refugees and their descendants.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nakba

I don't believe everything I read and especially from wikipedia, take it with a grain of salt. I think it's more likely the Nakba was a result of Arab arrogance. Thinking they could drive all Jews into the sea in 1948 and having the Arab Palestinians leave their land first. Of course the Arab world lost and the Palestinian couldn't return. They couldn't see past their hate, and still can't.

• Haha 1

But the Western and English language media is totally biased in favour of Israel's genocide. The west endorse the genocide reflected the type of people their leaders are, and the global south rejects that narrative and calls it as it is. A vile breach of humanity by Israel. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Have you read the facts they’ve checked and as a result the BBC and numerous other media outlets have apologized and corrected?

I did.

Have you read the factual criticisms of CAMERA?

2 minutes ago, retarius said:

But the Western and English language media is totally biased in favour of Israel's genocide. The west endorse the genocide reflected the type of people their leaders are, and the global south rejects that narrative and calls it as it is. A vile breach of humanity by Israel. 

The allegations against Israel of genocide are just that, allegations, they are, along with allegations of war crimes, under investigation.

9 minutes ago, 300sd said:

I don't believe everything I read and especially from wikipedia, take it with a grain of salt. I think it's more likely the Nakba was a result of Arab arrogance. Thinking they could drive all Jews into the sea in 1948 and having the Arab Palestinians leave their land first. Of course the Arab world lost and the Palestinian couldn't return. They couldn't see past their hate, and still can't.

Actually, most current Israeli historians would sharply disagree with you. Historians like Benny Morris. Even though he takes a mostly dismal view of the Palestinian. In fact, after the work of these historians began to be published, Israel reclassified the documents pertaining to the Nakba  so as to make future research more difficult if not impossible.

IMO those protesting and claiming genocide should be deported to the West Bank or Sth Lebanon for 12 months. That will surely cure their ignorance of who is who and what is what.

They are IMO acting like peacenik ignorant fools claiming that Poland was always a part of the Germany Empire (and it was), and that WW2 is killing innocent German civilians and it is a war crime. The reality is that the western alliance countries (except USA) legally declared war on Germany because the country (lead by Nazis) had invaded Poland.  WW2 resulted in far more 'innocent' Germans dieing than in the other countries, but that is war and why it should be avoided as much as possible.   

Gaza (lead by Hamas) has been committing acts of terrorism against Israel for decades, and their invasion and atrocities committed in October were the final straw - so the Israel Govt finally declared war on Gaza (lead by Hamas). IMO they had no choice really because things had gotten so out of hand that they could not avoid this step any longer. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I did.

Have you read the factual criticisms of CAMERA?

Which one there are so many, what media outlet. Here’s just one of the apologies from the BBC 

“We apologise for the unacceptable delay and will ensure formal responses are issued as soon as possible,” a BBC spokesperson told the London-based Jewish Chronicle, which has circulated a petition calling for an inquiry into the corporation’s troubled coverage of Jews and Israel.”

what relevant criticisms of Camera? Please not from 1982?

23 minutes ago, retarius said:

There is no genocide going on though , you are just trying to save Hamas  from being wiped by making false allegations about genocide 

7 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Which info was reclassified ?

Here's some:

What is clear, however, is that these historians unearthed official documents confirming Israeli culpability in expelling Palestinians, blocking the return of those who fled and committing a series of war crimes. In one seminal document from June 1948—located by Benny Morris and thereafter removed from public view—an intelligence officer listed many of the depopulated Palestinian villages from the first stage of the 1948 war, conveniently explaining for each village the means by which it was uprooted. Among the factors mentioned for the Palestinian exodus were “direct hostile Jewish operations,” “Jewish whispering operations” (i.e. psychological warfare), “ultimate expulsion orders,” “fear of Jewish [retaliatory] response” and others.5 Although Palestinian and Arab scholars had argued as much for decades (mostly relying on oral history), their claims had often been marginalized in Western scholarship.6 This denial was no longer possible after the work of the New Historians came out.

The trail introduced by the New Historians still exists, but it has become harder to follow in the past decade. Even more significant than the 2016 closing of the reading room in the Israel State Archives was the recent formal introduction of members of Military Censorship into the archives’ headquarters. These military officials are tasked with approving any publication of documents on top of the work of the declassification teams.7 Trying to follow the New Historians’ footnotes may very well lead to a dead end. In fact, the chief archivist exposed in 2018 that in the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) archives alone, 200 files containing some 20,000 pages that had been opened in the past were sealed again in the last several years. Thousands of other files which are formally designated as “declassified” have at least a third of the file removed or redacted. Still, a large number of documents used by the New Historians are, in fact, still available for scholars, perhaps due to the realization that hiding them would be more incriminating than allowing access

https://merip.org/2019/09/israels-vanishing-files-archival-deception-and-paper-trails/

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, placeholder said:

Here's some:

What is clear, however, is that these historians unearthed official documents confirming Israeli culpability in expelling Palestinians, blocking the return of those who fled and committing a series of war crimes. In one seminal document from June 1948—located by Benny Morris and thereafter removed from public view—an intelligence officer listed many of the depopulated Palestinian villages from the first stage of the 1948 war, conveniently explaining for each village the means by which it was uprooted. Among the factors mentioned for the Palestinian exodus were “direct hostile Jewish operations,” “Jewish whispering operations” (i.e. psychological warfare), “ultimate expulsion orders,” “fear of Jewish [retaliatory] response” and others.5 Although Palestinian and Arab scholars had argued as much for decades (mostly relying on oral history), their claims had often been marginalized in Western scholarship.6 This denial was no longer possible after the work of the New Historians came out.

The trail introduced by the New Historians still exists, but it has become harder to follow in the past decade. Even more significant than the 2016 closing of the reading room in the Israel State Archives was the recent formal introduction of members of Military Censorship into the archives’ headquarters. These military officials are tasked with approving any publication of documents on top of the work of the declassification teams.7 Trying to follow the New Historians’ footnotes may very well lead to a dead end. In fact, the chief archivist exposed in 2018 that in the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) archives alone, 200 files containing some 20,000 pages that had been opened in the past were sealed again in the last several years. Thousands of other files which are formally designated as “declassified” have at least a third of the file removed or redacted. Still, a large number of documents used by the New Historians are, in fact, still available for scholars, perhaps due to the realization that hiding them would be more incriminating than allowing access

https://merip.org/2019/09/israels-vanishing-files-archival-deception-and-paper-trails/

Can you just answer me ?

Like, writing your own words .

Write your own words and back it up with a link , then I can reply to you and what your wrote 

Which info was reclassified ?