I have covid

I probably have it. I didn’t take a test so Not 100%. It’s very similar to last time. Cant get comfortable. Too hot, too cold. Achy. Day 1 woke up with sore throat but felt fine otherwise. Day 2 have been in bed all day, threw up once. Head is stuffy. No appetite. I’m just drinking water. Cant even watch tv I feel so bad although I think I feel a tad better now this afternoon. Hopefully it’ll start to taper tomorrow. All I ask is that I feel good enough to watch tv. Ha. I think tomorrow I will, maybe even this evening. I’m unvaccinated. If I had to guess remember to my first bout with covid I was in bed like this for a solid 3 day, maybe 4. So at this point I feel the infection is affecting me less but maybe wait on how I feel tomorrow. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

I probably have it. I didn’t take a test so Not 100%. It’s very similar to last time. Cant get comfortable. Too hot, too cold. Achy. Day 1 woke up with sore throat but felt fine otherwise. Day 2 have been in bed all day, threw up once. Head is stuffy. No appetite. I’m just drinking water. Cant even watch tv I feel so bad although I think I feel a tad better now this afternoon. Hopefully it’ll start to taper tomorrow. All I ask is that I feel good enough to watch tv. Ha. I think tomorrow I will, maybe even this evening. I’m unvaccinated. If I had to guess remember to my first bout with covid I was in bed like this for a solid 3 day, maybe 4. So at this point I feel the infection is affecting me less but maybe wait on how I feel tomorrow. 

I suggest you take a test before you say, you have covid.

I had it twice (confirmed) and felt a bit under the weather for 1 day, 2 days of only sneezing and coughing a bit. 

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

folks infected with the FLiRT variant are displaying much the same symptoms that were seen with JN.1:

• Fever or chills
  • Cough
  • Sore throat
  • Congestion or runny nose
  • Headache
  • Muscle aches
  • Difficulty breathing
  • Fatigue
  • New loss of taste or smell
  • "Brain fog" (feeling less wakeful and aware)
  • Gastrointestinal symptoms (upset stomach, mild diarrhea, vomiting)

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2024-05-covid-variants-flirt.html

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Sandboxer said:

You have the COMMON FLU.

Man Flu is much worse than Common Flu...

Edited by stats
trolling comment removed

Posted (edited)

Flu type symptoms are often caused by temperature changes eg. boiling hot then getting in an icey cold air conned space.

Edited by stats
unsourced and unsubstantiated claim removed
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, BigBruv said:

PS.  Is there any reason flus aren't given made uup names to market them???

The flu has a lot of different variant names as well, though people may not be as familiar with them.

"There are four types of influenza viruses: A, B, C, and D. Influenza A and B viruses cause seasonal epidemics of disease in people (known as flu season) almost every winter in the United States. Influenza A viruses are the only influenza viruses known to cause flu pandemics (i.e., global epidemics of flu disease).

Influenza A viruses are divided into subtypes based on two proteins on the surface of the virus: hemagglutinin (H) and neuraminidase (N). There are 18 different hemagglutinin subtypes and 11 different neuraminidase subtypes (H1 through H18 and N1 through N11, respectively). While more than 130 influenza A subtype combinations have been identified in nature, primarily from wild birds, there are potentially many more influenza A subtype combinations given the propensity for virus “reassortment.”

Screenshot_2.jpg.19e4505b4b1a8fec0b3e9c4bc9f1584c.jpg

Live and learn....

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/viruses/types.htm

• Like 1

I think I have it because it exactly the same as last time, yet not as severe. It was bad for a day though. Also I never get sick in Thailand. Idk why I think it has something to do with the climate. 

• Like 1

What Is COVID-19 Reinfection?

Reinfections are most often mild, but severe illness can occur. If you are reinfected, you can also spread the virus to others...

As the virus evolves, new variants with the ability to evade your existing immunity can appear. This can increase your risk of reinfection. Reinfection can occur as early as several weeks after a previous infection, although this is rare.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/reinfection.html

What doctors wish patients knew about COVID-19 reinfection

Reinfection is problematic

“It can be problematic if you are reinfected,” Dr. Rouhbakhsh said. “We know from a pretty elegant study that was recently published in Nature Medicine that each subsequent COVID infection will increase your risk of developing chronic health issues like diabetes, kidney disease, organ failure and even mental health problems.”

Such evidence “dispels the myth that repeated brushes with the virus are mild and you don’t have to worry about it,” he added, noting that “it is akin to playing Russian roulette.”

That is why “you want to try to avoid reinfection if possible. That should not be the mechanism by which you aspire to get immunity from the virus,” Dr. Rouhbakhsh said. 

https://www.ama-assn.org/delivering-care/public-health/what-doctors-wish-patients-knew-about-covid-19-reinfection

"Altogether, the findings show that reinfection further increases risks of all-cause mortality and adverse health outcomes in both the acute and postacute phases of reinfection. The findings highlight the clinical consequences of reinfection and emphasize the importance of preventing reinfection by SARS-CoV-2."

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-022-02051-3

• Thanks 1

Previous posters have said:

"I have flu-like symptoms"

"I have COVID"

"COVID is no worse than the flu"

"Oh incidentally, I haven't been tested for COVID".

So some pushback because of this.

If I have flu-like symptoms I have to consider it might be the flu.

Posted (edited)

The only way to know for sure about COVID is to test, either (expensive) RT-PCR type at the hospital, or (inexpensive) rapid antigen tests at home, ideally, done a couple times in succession to confirm the result.

Because, with the latest variants, it seems the RAT tests tend not to always recognize the virus until the person is a couple of days into the infection (assuming there is one).

Otherwise, it's just guessing.

Per the U.S. CDC:

"Antigen tests produce results quickly (within minutes), and most can be used at the POC or at home. Most self-tests, or at-home tests, are antigen tests. Antigen tests are better at detecting a SARS-CoV-2 infection when someone has COVID-19 symptoms compared to if they do not.

Antigen tests for SARS-CoV-2 are generally less sensitive than real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) and other nucleic acid amplification tests (NAATs), which detect and amplify the presence of viral nucleic acid.

All initial negative antigen test results should be confirmed with a NAAT or repeated with additional antigen tests following FDA’s recommendations on repeat testing."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/lab/resources/antigen-tests-guidelines.html

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK