800k Wise Transfer for Non 0 Visa

On 5/10/2024 at 7:55 PM, LosLobo said:

Yesterday I did a Wise transfer for my 800k 90 Day Non-O Imm Visa conversion from Visa Exempt.

I have been in Thailand now almost a week.

Time now is of the essence, and it seems my local Immigration want a two-week seasoning period before submitting application.

Seems my banking efforts may have been in vain.

I went to Ranong Imm yesterday and spoke to another person there about what detail I need in my Visa conversion to Imm Non O visa application.

To my amazement they told me that Immigration law says that they are unable to convert my Visa Exempt to long stay.

13 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

To my amazement they told me that Immigration law says that they are unable to convert my Visa Exempt to long stay.

https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

Tell them to read immigration laws.

Specifically point 1.2 

No wonder some folk complain about immigration offices. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

Tell them to read immigration laws.

Specifically point 1.2 

No wonder some folk complain about immigration offices. 

Thanks for reply.

I suggested that to my partner but she said "kreng jai".

Aka, I would make an enemy for life and it would come back and bite me on the a***.

I think a visa agent may be my best bet at this stage.

I have invested too much in my move here to give up now.

13 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

I think a visa agent may be my best bet at this stage

Don't blame you. 

Bit late to flop out a TM87 and ask them what this Thai immigration form is for..

38 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't blame you. 

Bit late to flop out a TM87 and ask them what this Thai immigration form is for..

I had to go to Immigration because of some issues filling out the TM 30 online and they asked my Thai partner to come in and sort it out and do a manual form.

While I was there, I just wanted to ask if there were any special Ranong requirements on getting bank information on the day of my TM 87 submission as I didn't want any surprises on that day.

Seems I did get a surprise but not the one I expected.

I have had experience in filling out TM 87 for retirement extensions, but not in this decade. having done over ten in the past.

I also have also done a lot of homework mainly in regard to many other Imm offices, but it seems not many westerners have lived or applied in Ranong, now I realize why.

Imm here deal mainly with Myanmar immigrants as Ranong shares a long border with them.

On the day of my visit at opening time there was about 200 there and no westerners.

In my many years of visiting Ranong and living here for 6 months I have only ever met 2 other westerners.

By the way I really appreciate your help today and in the past.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, LosLobo said:

Seems my banking efforts may have been in vain.

I went to Ranong Imm yesterday and spoke to another person there about what detail I need in my Visa conversion to Imm Non O visa application.

Trip to Pattaya? - Approx. 25K to do the conversion... 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Trip to Pattaya? - Approx. 25K to do the conversion... 

Looks like I may have been set me up for failure with the two-week seasoning on the 800k and with the at least 15-day remainder required at all other offices if the original plan had failed as it seems it has now.

As it is now the window of opportunity has slipped after being here two weeks and I will need to get a 30-day extension from here and then go elsewhere next week.

8 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Looks like I may have been set me up for failure with the two-week seasoning on the 800k and with the at least 15-day remainder required at all other offices if the original plan had failed as it seems it has now.

As it is now the window of opportunity has slipped after being here two weeks and I will need to get a 30-day extension from here and then go elsewhere next week.

Contact Maneerat in Pattaya, they did the conversion for 3 of my friends that made the move & it only took a few days, especially if you have a Bangkok Bank account already 

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2024 at 12:32 PM, Liquorice said:

You can only obtain a 'credit advice' receipt from the bank where you hold an account.

Incorrect. One Wise transfer went via Kasikorn instead of directly to Bkk Bank. Kasikorn issued me a Credit Advice even though I do not bank with them.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Incorrect. One Wise transfer went via Kasikorn instead of directly to Bkk Bank. Kasikorn issued me a Credit Advice even though I do not bank with them.

You may find they issued you an FET, not a credit advice.

Exactly the same happened to a friend and Kasikorn issued an FET

All payments to your branch account go through the HQ of the bank. Only the HQ have a 'SWIFT' code, branches do not.

Wise payments through their BKK account to your Bangkok account will be coded FTT in the passbook and as International on a statement.
That's because BKK bank HQ are the only bank that notifies the branch of the source.

Wise payments through their KK account to your Kasikorn account, will be coded as a 'local transfer' in the passbook, but International on a statement.
That's because KK HQ, do not notify the branch of the source.
In this case, a 'credit advice' receipt can be issued by KK as evidence the deposit came from overseas.

In other cases where Wise payments go through other banks other than your own bank, to your bank account, then a FET is requested.

Edited by Liquorice

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I'll admit that since I did my research, the rules may have changed and the bank dealing with the transaction may now be able to offer a credit advice receipt as opposed to an FET.

An FET now only appears to be issued for amounts of more than 50,000 USD.

On 5/10/2024 at 6:43 AM, OJAS said:

@DrJack54 - another office to add to the rogue list as far as non-O visa conversions are concerned, I think!

DrJack, how many rogue offices are there.  Which ones are they.  Nice to know.

On 5/10/2024 at 1:55 PM, LosLobo said:

Yesterday I did a Wise transfer for my 800k 90 Day Non-O Imm Visa conversion from Visa Exempt.

My receipt from Wise today says, 'Local Bank Transfer'.

On-line my Bangkok Bank says, 'International Transfer'.

Bottom of bank screen says Disclaimer: The Transfer Reference is provided by the sender. The bank is not responsible for its content or appropriateness.

I have been in Thailand now almost a week.

Time now is of the essence, and it seems my local Immigration want a two-week seasoning period before submitting application.

Will this transfer be satisfactory?

All responses will be appreciated.

If you use the 800 K Baht in your Thai bank account option you should not need to proof where the money is coming from.

I only can talk for Phuket immigration but they don't ask for where the money is coming from.

21 minutes ago, merijn said:

If you use the 800 K Baht in your Thai bank account option you should not need to proof where the money is coming from.

Now another thread with same incorrect information.

If obtaining a non O based on retirement at Thai immigration office then the 800k needs to be shown came from abroad.

Exception to this is the funds have been in Thai bank for "some time" 

Note the funds do not require proof came from abroad for annual extensions 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Now another thread with same incorrect information.

If obtaining a non O based on retirement at Thai immigration office then the 800k needs to be shown came from abroad.

Exception to this is the funds have been in Thai bank for "some time" 

Note the funds do not require proof came from abroad for annual extensions 

All depends on the immigration office.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, merijn said:

All depends on the immigration office.

I'm not aware of any Immigration office that doesn't request evidence the initial 800K funds came from overseas.

I think you're confusing the 800K requirement for an extension, with an application for a Non O from a VE/TV entry.
Applying for the Non O from a VE/TV entry, requires evidence that the funds came from overseas.

5.3 Evidence of foreign currency fund transferred to Thailand.

VE-TV to Non O Retirement.pdf 

A simple bank statement with the funds noted as an 'International transfer' is sufficient.

• Thumbs Up 1

I went to Bangkok Bank today and I finally got a new bankbook and my 800k+ transfer was shown as an FTT code. Seems all is well.

Thanks to all for your advice.

Today I also went to local Immigration to apply for a 30-day extension which was successful.

I was there early and received immediate service to file the application but had to wait for all the other Myanmar applicants there before me and all the other ones who appeared over the next hour to leave with visas before I received my passport back. Nothing particularly unusual about that

My passport also had another voided stamp saying my extension was under consideration and return again on some other date, is this usual for a 30-day extension?

Curiously as I the entered the carpark the same officer who refused my long stay visa enquiries the week before noticed me, as she was driving out of the carpark.

• Thumbs Up 1