Qi Gong, Tai Chi, and Yoga

I just signed up for 35 Qi Gong classes here in Chiang Mai. It seems like Tai Chi, but with more emphasis on balance. It's like, if I lived in Paris, I'd drink more wine: I live in CM, so why not study with a semi-name Qi Gong guy? I'm going to shorten my gym visits to squeeze it in.

Anyone here done any so-called spiritual exercise? Muay Thai qualifies. What did you get out of it?

Bonus question: Anyone had any romantic experience with a yoga-enthusiast? Was it chill or hot?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

My spiritual exercise is lifting a couple of gin and tonics most evenings, while relaxing on my veranda, enjoying the lush vegetation and cool breeze. I think it's called chilling out, in the modern parlance.😉

Edited by Gandtee
punctuation
  • Like 1

Muay Thai is not a spiritual practice. The Hatha Yoga, now so famous around the world, is more like a stretchy exercise for the body and a lot of superficial "spiritual sounding" rubbish. True Yoga is something else.
I'm not sure what you're looking for or what you expect Qi Gong or Thai Chi to do for you, but from the way you write (especially your bonus question), I think you should first examine your motivations behind this decision. 

Good luck

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Sunmaster said:

I'm not sure what you're looking for or what you expect Qi Gong

I'm looking to get out of the house and do something.

And it's in The Old City, which I love, but barely visit.

They have a tantric sex workshop too. I am so on that.

19 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

I'm looking to get out of the house and do something.

And it's in The Old City, which I love, but barely visit.

They have a tantric sex workshop too. I am so on that.

Cool story bro

12 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

I just signed up for 35 Qi Gong classes here in Chiang Mai. It seems like Tai Chi, but with more emphasis on balance. It's like, if I lived in Paris, I'd drink more wine: I live in CM, so why not study with a semi-name Qi Gong guy? I'm going to shorten my gym visits to squeeze it in.

Anyone here done any so-called spiritual exercise? Muay Thai qualifies. What did you get out of it?

Bonus question: Anyone had any romantic experience with a yoga-enthusiast? Was it chill or hot?

I myself prefer the wine course instead😄

13 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

I learnt yoga in chiang mai, I fully recommend everyone to give it a go. No romantic experience with yoga experience but a great place to meet ladies, probably ten ladies to one male

• Like 1