1 minute ago, still kicking said:

So, what is the point of buying a fold up light wheelchair? If you can't take it with you? I did book in 5 hours before departure last time at Swampy and could not get a wheelchair I can walk OK but landing at swampy I have to walk a long way to get through customs and baggage pic up.

No place to store in cabin of plane, and you can't use on the aircraft anyway.  Think you missed the point, that they simply take when you board the aircraft, and give it back to you when you land, as you leave the aircraft..

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

No place to store in cabin of plane, and you can't use on the aircraft anyway.  Think you missed the point, that they simply take when you board the aircraft, and give it back to you when you land, as you leave the aircraft..

So in your words I am not allowed to store my foldup wheelchair on a plane .

Eligible manual wheelchairs can be stowed in the cabin of the aircraft, whether that’s in the storage bin above you, under the seat in front of you or in the designated wheelchair storage area onboard the plane. If your wheelchair doesn’t fit or uses a battery, it’ll be taken and checked into the cargo area for free.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, still kicking said:

So in your words I am not allowed to store my foldup wheelchair on a plane .

16 years of working for airlines (gate agent/ramp agent), and I've never seen one placed in the cabin.   Or allowed one to be taken in.  And I was the guy that checked it at the door and put in the cargo bay, and took it out and brought it up to the door when aircrafts arrived at destination.

Unless something has changed, they don't go in the cabin.  Quick Google, and things may have changed, but I've never seen one in the cabin.  Take note, required to take '1' 

Along with I've never seen one that would fold up to go in the overheard or under the seat :cheesy:

From USA Dept of Transport:

image.png.e523314d422652779c0224453c125eff.png

Edited by KhunLA

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

16 years of working for airlines (gate agent/ramp agent), and I've never seen one placed in the cabin.   Or allowed one to be taken in.  And I was the guy that checked it at the door and put in the cargo bay, and took it out and brought it up to the door when aircrafts arrived at destination.

Unless something has changed, they don't go in the cabin.  Quick Google, and things may have changed, but I've never seen one in the cabin.  Take note, required to take '1' 

Along with I've never seen one that would fold up to go in the overheard or under the seat :cheesy:

So how does a disabled Person Walk for miles and pick up the wheelchair?

Eligible manual wheelchairs can be stowed in the cabin of the aircraft, whether that’s in the storage bin above you, under the seat in front of you or in the designated wheelchair storage area onboard the plane. If your wheelchair doesn’t fit or uses a battery, it’ll be taken and checked into the cargo area for free.

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

16 years doing that , omg you must of been abused ,accused and used !! 

Yes Sir we apologise for your late flight ! 😂

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

16 years doing that , omg you must of been abused ,accused and used !! 

Yes Sir we apologise for your late flight ! 😂

Yea, first three airlines / 3 years, I was on the customer service end (ticket & gate).   All of NWA, 13 yrs, was ground operation, and never, very rare, talked to customers.

Customer do try to get under your skin, but fail miserably when it comes to me.   Also best not to piss off the guy that controls where you're sitting.  I'll stick you A$$ in front of exit row, where seat doesn't recline, or the bulkhead, with no leg room.   Next to the toilet is always a choice seat.

You have connecting flight, let me put you in the very back of the plane, in between those 2 fat people, or that screaming kid ... :cheesy:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 2

On 5/16/2024 at 4:20 AM, KhunLA said:

I knew that as well but how you book a wheelchair flying into swampy if your flight is 7 hours I tried last time to book from my departure airport but when I arrived there was no wheelchair for me. Also, last time I arrived at swampy I arrived at the new terminal and had to catch the train to the old one to go through customs and pick up my luggage. Long walk if you are disabled.