Anyone run into this Notification from Chonburi Immigration?

14 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

They don't give a siht who registers really as long as someone does.

I don't disagree with that, but tell me why if it's the responsibility of a landlord, as you claim, the Immigration Act states differently and the TM30 permits foreigners to register and submit a TM30 as a Housemaster or Occupier. All those options are available and in line with what the Immigration Acts states.

If as a foreigner you reside in a private residence in any capacity whatsoever, you are both an occupier and Housemaster.
The law makes that quite clear.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Liquorice said:

The law makes that quite clear.

No it doesn't. For every time someone quotes the law someone will publish another variant. In Thailand everything is open to interpretation.

40 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Let me tell yous a little story.

Just one story.
I could list a few, but I understand where you're coming from.

Whilst foreigners insist they are extending their visas 🤕 rather than read and understand they are applying for an extended permit of stay, then all hope is lost.

It's the foreigner's responsibility to be familiar with the laws and Immigration orders of Thailand, otherwise you're going to be scammed by a corrupt official at some point in time.

I've stood up to officials on several occasions, and the basis of the disagreements were due to break-downs in communication and limited knowledge of the official.

Such as when US, UK, and AU citizens were permitted to provide evidence of income through monthly overseas transfers, instead of the now defunct Embassy Income letters, or the new TM30 regulations, which they initially claimed they were not aware of.

I entered on a Non Imm O and submitting my very first application for a 1-year extension of stay, the IO perused my documents and announced I didn't meet the financial requirements, the 800K had to be in the bank for 3 months. Under the then rules it was 2 months for the first application, 3 months thereafter.

When I disagreed, this IO flipped, threw my documents across the desk, ripping some in the process.
When I refused to move until I saw the supervisor and pulled a copy of the orders out, he went ballistic.

He stood up, I'm positive, swearing and cursing me in Thai, which only drew the attention of everyone in the office including his supervisor.

At that point he asked me to pick up the documents that were strewn across the floor and I refused.
He stomped around the desk, scooped up the documents on the floor and those still on the desk, and marched off to the supervisor's office.

He came back with his tail between his legs two minutes later, but insisted some documents required recopying as they were damaged.

I think he could tell what I thought from the look on my face, scooped up my passport and made new copies, then stamped the extension without another word.

I came across the same IO a couple of years later, he clearly remembered me, and was as polite and respectful as you'd expect.

It said by many, not to rub an IO up the wrong way, but in my experience they actually show more respect after you've challenged them.

I've also witnessed many arguments with IO's and other foreigners.

The best case I recall was when the foreigner obviously didn't have the correct documentation and let rip at this IO, his last sentence being "I know what I want to do, I just don't know what I'm doing or talking about"   🤣

I'm going to Thailand soon. Do I have to fill out a TM30?

You do not need to submit a TM30 for yourself. Instead, this must be completed within 24 hours of your arrival by the owners of the lodging where you are staying. A fine of 800THB, increasing to 1600THB/person for the property owner, can be imposed for failure to accomplish this.

https://tm30.io/faq#:~:text=to Thailand soon.-,Do I have to fill out a TM30%3F,for failure to accomplish this.

14 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

That information is in the main directed towards tourists.

That enter Thailand on tourist visa or visa exempt etc entries.

Also poorly written.

You do not seem to understand the difference in TM30 requirements for those with ongoing extensions and reentry permits along with multi entry visas such as non O-A, ME non O etc.

This thread is off track. 

8 hours ago, Liquorice said:

In essence, if you are re-entering with a re-entry permit or a valid multiple entry visa and returning to your same registered address, then there is now no requirement to file a further TM30.

But there is one caveat that people always overlook "return to stay at the original place within the notified period of stay that has not yet ended"

In my opinion an IO has every right to request confirmation that 'the notified period of stay that has not yet ended' but if you provide confirmation via a new TM30 and it is the same registered address there should not be any fines involved for filing beyond the 24 hour deadline.

One scenario would be someone files a TM30 based on a one year lease. That year has past therefore the notified period of stay has ended. Plenty of other possible scenarios too.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

All commercial websites, agents, whose interest is making money from gullible foreigners that believe their crap.

From your first link; We are a online agency which submits TM30 forms to the Immigration Bureau on your behalf, making the process much easier.

1 hour ago, ningnong said:

But there is one caveat that people always overlook "return to stay at the original place within the notified period of stay that has not yet ended"

In my opinion an IO has every right to request confirmation that 'the notified period of stay that has not yet ended' but if you provide confirmation via a new TM30 and it is the same registered address there should not be any fines involved for filing beyond the 24 hour deadline.

Notified period of stay is on your permission of stay stamp.

There is no requirement to file a new TM30 if you return within your permission of stay period, using a re-entry permit, or with a multiple re-entry visa.

Read previous posts where the new TM30 Immigration regulation is posted.

It's not overlooked....it's misunderstood as you are not understanding the meaning in your post. 

• Love It 1

25 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

There is no requirement to file a new TM30 if you return within your permission of stay period, using a re-entry permit, or with a multiple re-entry visa.

Read previous posts where the new TM30 Immigration regulation is posted.

Wrong, I left and returned to Thailand twice same address, long term visa using a re entry permit and a TM30 was required by Jomtien.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Wrong, I left and returned to Thailand twice same address, long term visa using a re entry permit and a TM30 was required by Jomtien.

Jomitien is a rogue office.

Using Jomitien as a example is useless.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I don’t have choice it’s my local immigration office.

Exactly ...just be aware that snapping someone "Wrong" just because Jomitien requires TM30 depending on direction of wind is poor. 

The TM30 notification and its underlying laws are about the obligation of a landlord (housemaster, possessor, or manager) to report the stay of a foreigner (non-Thai national) in his/her property. All foreigners staying in Thailand and their hosts should be very well aware of this.

https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-visa/about-tm30-thailand#:~:text=The TM30 notification and its,very well aware of this.

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Another commercial website designed for gain.

This website is managed by Siam Legal
International - a law firm in Thailand

https://www.thaiembassy.com/disclaimer
GENERAL DISCLAIMER
The information provided at this site is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or under all circumstances. 

Do you have a reading comprehensive disability, or do you just enjoy trolling and causing disruption.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I left and returned to Thailand twice same address, long term visa using a re entry permit and a TM30 was required by Jomtien.

Off topic, but you certainly don't have a long term visa.

4 hours ago, Liquorice said:

People here have gotten the 'Notified period of stay' part of 2.2 wrong from the beginning, since it was posted here in June 2022.

'Notified period of stay' is the period of stay at a residence and has absolutely nothing to do with a permission of stay stamp in your passport.

This is the line that people aren't understanding correctly. It is not complicated Thai:
กลับเข้ามาพักอาศัยสถานที่เดิมภายใต้กรอบระยะเวลาการรับเข้าพักอาศัยที่ยังไม่สิ้นสุดลง

ChatGPT
"Return to stay at the same location within the framework of the ongoing accommodation period that has not yet ended."

4 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

It's not overlooked....it's misunderstood as you are not understanding the meaning in your post. 

I understand my post quite well thanks. It is you who lacks understanding.

6 minutes ago, ningnong said:

Notified period of stay' is the period of stay at a residence and has absolutely nothing to do with a permission of stay stamp in your passport.

You are so wrong it's embarrassing.

It's is all to do with ongoing permission of stay.

Use me as an example...

Non O 12 years ago.

Extensions renewed Nov 8.

Continuous permission of stay from 12 years ago. 

Never changed address. 

Suggest you read more threads to be informed. 

So in my situation there is zero need to file new TM30 for travel to another province or international travel returning with reentry permit that protects my permission of stay. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

This is the line that people aren't understanding correctly. It is not complicated Thai:
กลับเข้ามาพักอาศัยสถานที่เดิมภายใต้กรอบระยะเวลาการรับเข้าพักอาศัยที่ยังไม่สิ้นสุดลง

ChatGPT
"Return to stay at the same location within the framework of the ongoing accommodation period that has not yet ended."

Chat GPT is useless and known to change original factual information.

My wife, who is Thai, and more capable of you or ChatGPT of translating Thai, states it says; "Return to live in the same place under the admission period that has not yet ended".

The admission period being your extension of stay. "Permitted to stay until ........."

Edited by Liquorice

57 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You are so wrong it's embarrassing.

It's is all to do with ongoing permission of stay.

Use me as an example...

Non O 12 years ago.

Extensions renewed Nov 8.

Continuous permission of stay from 12 years ago. 

Never changed address. 

Suggest you read more threads to be informed. 

So in my situation there is zero need to file new TM30 for travel to another province or international travel returning with reentry permit that protects my permission of stay. 

Where do you do your annual extension ?

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

When was this? Only Jomtien changed their rules in (IIRC) May 2023 to say that you needed a TM30 dated after your most recent entry into Thailand but they quietly dropped this around October 2023 (I think) so it's no longer required.

I'm hoping it's no longer required as I didn't do a new one when I got back a couple of weeks ago. 

Edited by Mike Teavee

21 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

No it doesn't. For every time someone quotes the law someone will publish another variant. In Thailand everything is open to interpretation.

You're confusing Immigration policy with Thai law.

English translations of Thai law are rarely official (there are some rare "official translations" published by the Office of the Council of State), but for informational purposes only. The only official law in Thailand is in the Thai language, which is not open to interpretation. English translations will always vary slightly, but not enough to change the meaning.

2 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

When was this? Only Jomtien changed their rules in (IIRC) May 2023 to say that you needed a TM30 dated after your most recent entry into Thailand but they quietly dropped this around October 2023 (I think) so it's no longer required.

I'm hoping it's no longer required as I didn't do a new one when I got back a couple of weeks ago. 

I came back from abroad 2 weeks ago and did a TM30 at Jomtien.

2 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I came back from abroad 2 weeks ago and did a TM30 at Jomtien.

Assuming you have a Non-IMM Visa/Extension & came back on a Re-Entry permit to the same address, I don't believe you needed to.

I obviously believe this as I didn't do a new TM30 when I got back from the UK on 7th May.