Anyone run into this Notification from Chonburi Immigration?

On 5/16/2024 at 8:50 PM, Tongski said:

Does anyone know if this Act is currently active?  

I've heard that it is no longer in effect.  

I was still fined (Chaengwattana) in mid 2023, cause my landlady didn't do the TM30. Even though, I did it online, it was not accepted. Telling the IO that my landlady refused to do it, the IOs reaction was 'meh'. After all, I was an easier target, as I had to do my TM47 there.

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

On 5/16/2024 at 10:48 PM, DrJack54 said:

Jomitien went nuts during peak season.. Required TM30 for any dealing with immigration.

Then cut that rubbish more recently. 

Personally have pet detest re Jomitien immigration. 

Rogue office on many levels 

I drive to Rayong 

• Confused 3

On 5/16/2024 at 9:30 PM, DrJack54 said:

What you are posting from agent is rubbish.

A TM30 is not required. Law changed June 2020. 

You should be more concerned with how you plan to make your 90 day reports having used an agent. 

Most likely your stamps were issued up country. 

TM 30 is still very much required

Juristic person at my condo just yesterday sent info to all tenants about the need to inform the property 48hrs in advance of any relative of friends of tenant stay at the condo as they need to inform Immigration. 

As per myself, every time I fly out and come back have to inform property and they will register me back online at Immigration

On 5/16/2024 at 9:20 PM, Tongski said:

Does anyone know if this Act is currently active?  

I've heard that it is no longer in effect.  

It is active. I have to provide passport to my landlord every time I am back to TH and they register me to Immigration. Same if I plan to invite and host relatives I need to provide Juristic person their passports for TM30.

21 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I was still fined

You as a farang do not get fined for not doing a TM30. It is the responsibility of the landlord to do the TM30. But unfortunately it's easier to get a farang to pay the fine than  go after the landlord. When will farangs learn?

1 hour ago, NicoBKK said:

TM 30 is still very much required

You are referring to different situation.

I'm tired of positing the link to change of rules in 2020.

Read carefully section 2.2.

2.2 After the house holder, owner or possessor of the premise of hotel manager has reported as defined in Article 2.1, the same alien has left the premise and returned for another stay within the valid period, the house holder, owner or possessor of the premise of hotel manager do not need to make another report;

The alien as defined in paragraph one shall include those whobeing granted multiple-visa who leaves and returns to the Kingdom with specified time in the visa, and those with re-entry permit.

51 minutes ago, NicoBKK said:

I have to provide passport to my landlord every time I am back to TH and they register me to Immigration

How do you enter Thailand meaning visa , visa exempt, extension protected by reentry permit etc ? 

As @IvorBiggun2 said above, it is the responsibility of your Landlord to submit the TM30 to the local Immigration Office of the property you're staying / residing in.

See link from Immigration website, in English and Thai.

https://tm30.immigration.go.th/TM30/Foreigner/TM30EN/index.html

So if your Agent is proposing this action then it's a scam, unless your Landlord has outsourced this action to the agent in question, if so you should have been made aware in your Lease Agreement.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, RayWright said:

As @IvorBiggun2 said above, it is the responsibility of your Landlord to submit the TM30 to the local Immigration Office of the property you're staying / residing in.

See link from Immigration website, in English and Thai.

https://tm30.immigration.go.th/TM30/Foreigner/TM30EN/index.html

So if your Agent is proposing this action then it's a scam, unless your Landlord has outsourced this action to the agent in question, if so you should have been made aware in your Lease Agreement.

If the owner doesn’t do a TM30 it’s up to the tenant, Immigration won’t accept the argument the owner won’t do it.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

If the owner doesn’t do a TM30 it’s up to the tenant,

Total tosh. Show a link to your claim.                            Don't bother there ain't one.

Landlords who fail to file the TM30 report regarding the attendance of a foreign tenant in their rented out property will face a fine of 800-2000 Baht

What is TM30 notification? The TM30 notification and its underlying laws are about the obligation of a landlord (housemaster, possessor, or manager) to report the stay of a foreigner (non-Thai national) in his/her property.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Total tosh. Show a link to your claim.                            Don't bother there ain't one.

My owner didn’t do one, I went to Immigration and was detained for 3 hours and threatened with a 3500 baht fine. They said it was my responsibility to ensure the owner did a TM30 if not me as the housemaster should do one.

https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-visa/about-tm30-thailand#:~:text=The TM30 notification and its,) in his%2Fher property.

47 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

If the owner doesn’t do a TM30 it’s up to the tenant, Immigration won’t accept the argument the owner won’t do it.

Depends on your diplomatic skills. Had to quote the law to my landlord, who agreed in principle,  so valid TM30 issued with fine of 1600 THB born by the landlord, so valid documentation now in hand for requesting of TM90 early next month. This despite a 'clerk' at Soi 5 saying to my Landlord the TM30 originally issued when I was out of the country as being "okay". For clarification this was my first TM30 at a new address.

Just now, RayWright said:

Depends on your diplomatic skills. Had to quote the law to my landlord, who agreed in principle,  so valid TM30 issued with fine of 1600 THB born by the landlord, so valid documentation now in hand for requesting of TM90 early next month. This despite a 'clerk' at Soi 5 saying to my Landlord the TM30 originally issued when I was out of the country as being "okay". For clarification this was my first TM30 at a new address.

My landlord refused to do one and even give me the correct documentation so I could do it. It’s hard to be diplomatic when the owner doesn’t speak English, started shouting abuse at my wife speaking to her like a dog she said.His parting words were I am giving you 2 months notice to vacate the property, his loss as we have been in the property for nearly 4 years.

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I know the chances are laughably slim... 

..... has anyone ever said to immigration..  "sure, give me the fine document, and I'll pass it on to the landlord as its their responsibility"... 

As we all know - charging someone for not doing a TM30 becasue the landlord refuses to assist is clearly wrong.

I'd move out of that place very quickly.

14 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

My landlord refused to do one and even give me the correct documentation so I could do it. It’s hard to be diplomatic when the owner doesn’t speak English, started shouting abuse at my wife speaking to her like a dog she said.His parting words were I am giving you 2 months notice to vacate the property, his loss as we have been in the property for nearly 4 years.

And don't pay the last couple of months rent either...  because you know for sure you are not going to get your deposit back with a landlord like this.

23 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I know the chances are laughably slim... 

..... has anyone ever said to immigration..  "sure, give me the fine document, and I'll pass it on to the landlord as its their responsibility"... 

As we all know - charging someone for not doing a TM30 becasue the landlord refuses to assist is clearly wrong.

I'd move out of that place very quickly.

You don’t get any sympathy from Immigration as they say it’s not their problem.

23 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

And don't pay the last couple of months rent either...  because you know for sure you are not going to get your deposit back with a landlord like this.

I am moving and not paying the last 2 months rent either, there isn’t 2 months rent worth of furniture as we have our own. We have bought paint and going round touching up if there are any marks and my wife is meticulous when it comes to cleaning a bit OCD like therefore he can’t say he wants money to clean it.

On 5/16/2024 at 2:57 PM, Tongski said:

I am getting mixed feedback that this requirement is no longer effective.  I do not want to contact the visa agent as I question the company's integrity.  

Any suggestions are appreciated.  

That's an extract from the Thai Immigration Act, hand typed, not copied and pasted as per the exact wording.

The exact wording of section 38 of the Immigration Act reads;

Section 38 : The house – master, the owner or the possessor of the residence, or the hotel manager where the alien, receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed, must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours, dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned.

Immigration Act B.E. 2522 (1979) ENG.pdf 

On 5th June 2020, Immigration repealed section 38 of the Act, by issuing a new regulation amending it.

TM30 reporting regulation (Eng).pdf 

Note 2.2 in particular, which details the change.

2. Notification of a householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel manager, who takes in, as a resident, an alien permitted to temporary stay in the Kingdom must proceed as follows;
2.1 Notify a competent official at an Immigration office located in a locality in which the house, dwelling place or hotel is located within twenty four hours from the time an alien has taken residence. In case that house, dwelling place or hotel, where an alien has stayed, is located in Bangkok Metropolis locality, such notification shall be made to a competent official at Immigration Division 1 of Immigration Bureau.
2.2 After a householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel manager already made a notification according to 2.1, then the alien goes to occasionally stay somewhere else and return to stay at the original place within the notified period of stay that has not yet ended, such householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel manager is not required to make a notification again.

The alien mentioned in paragraph 1 shall include any alien receiving a multiply entry visa who departs the Kingdom and returns within the validity of visa and any alien permitted to re-enter into the Kingdom with a valid re-entry permit.

In essence, if you are re-entering with a re-entry permit or a valid multiple entry visa and returning to your same registered address, then there is now no requirement to file a further TM30.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I went to Immigration and was detained for 3 hours and threatened with a 3500 baht fine. T

I don't believe you. Threatened with a 3500 Baht fine? It's only a fine of 2000 Baht, maximum, if the owner fails to report the farang at his address. They must have seen you coming from miles away. 

Edited by IvorBiggun2

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

I don't believe you. Threatened with a 3500 Baht fine? It's only a fine of 2000 Baht, maximum, if the owner fails to report the farang at his address. They must have seen you coming from miles away. 

I am a liar then, I don’t make stories up, Ok how would you have dealt with it, I actually want out and withdrew the money from the ATM, at the time the office dealing with the TM30 was upstairs at Jomtien, there were 3 female I.O. dealing with me telling me how ‘serious’ an offence it was, I think they were asking for a bribe, 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Total tosh. Show a link to your claim. 

If it's total tosh and the responsibility of the owner/landlord, then why can you register as a foreigner, upload a foreigner's Yellow house book and pink Thai ID card, to register and be approved. How can you then further submit a new TM30 selecting the option of 'Housemaster' or 'Occupier' and it's accepted.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

If it's total tosh and the responsibility of the owner/landlord, then why can you register as a foreigner

They don't give a siht who registers really as long as someone does. Answer me this. Why wasn't immigration bothered about the TM 30 until 4 years ago? Prior to that they didn't bother with it for 16 years that I know of.

Were you there?

They could have wrongly been fining him under section 37 (2), (3), or (4) which can carry a fine of up to 5,000 BHT plus 200 BHT per day until the law is complied with.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

They don't give a siht who registers really as long as someone does. Answer me this. Why wasn't immigration bothered about the TM 30 until 4 years ago? Prior to that they didn't bother with it for 16 years that I know of.

I'm in my 11th year in Thailand and my IO has always enforced section 38.

CW went through a period of non enforcement for some time, even as I recall refusing TM30 offered by foreigners.

Prior to Covid, there was a large criminal case and CW realised they didn't have a clue where many foreigners were actually staying.

They started to then enforce section 38 and as I recall even fining foreigners that had previously tried to submit a TM30 and they rejected.

Let me tell yous a little story. Many years ago I did my first transfer of my old passport stamps to my new passport. A nice officer named "Khun Arcade" did the transfer. At the end I asked him how much for the service. " No charge" was his reply. That stuck in my head for the next 10 years as to how honest he was.

Ten years later I go to IO Buriram to do my transfer of stamps to my new passport. I sit down in front of an officer and explained what I needed. He immediately said  "500 Baht'. I said "no there is no charge". Did I worry that I'd said "NO" to an immigration officer? Not at all. He was taken aback but did my transfer "no charge'. And in a few years when I have to transfer my stamps again how do you think I'll react?

Some of yous out there that cower down just at the thought of upsetting an IO need to grow a pair.

• Haha 1