Thai Navy Agrees to Install Chinese Engine in Its New Submarine

webfact

22 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Unlikely in the near future.

"Vietnam Tacks Between Cooperation and Struggle in the South China Sea," Dec. 7, 2021 https://www.crisisgroup.org

• Vietnam like The Philippines is a major claimant state in the South China Sea, and its views and actions can have significant impact on security there. China claims sovereignty over all of the South China Sea.
  • Vietnam defending its national sovereignty and territorial integrity is not just the most important goal of Hanoi’s South China Sea strategy but also a central plank of the Communist Party of Vietnam’s political legitimacy.
  • The risk of armed conflict in the South China Sea has risen over the past five years, as various states assert their claims to contested waters and island chains more strongly in response to China’s increasing dominance and the growing involvement of the United States and its allies. 

The U.S. is Vietnam’s most important bilateral partner in supporting its cause in the South China Sea - “the U.S. is the only country that has sufficient material capabilities and political will to balance China, and it has also conducted actual activities in the South China Sea to challenge China’s claims”. The two countries established a comprehensive partnership in 2013, and an upgrade to strategic level is under consideration.

There has been a slow moving coup in Vietnam. Hardline pro-China generals (two police generals and an army general) have replaced the economic "liberals." The mass population of Vietnam may hate China, but the Communist Party sees it as the best way to retain their grip on power. That is what is important to them. More important than the South China Sea, economic dependency, and industrial growth. A lot of American companies relocated or are planning to relocate from China to Vietnam. They're still going to be playing into Chinese control. The US needs to reverse this daydream about a Vietnamese alliance and restructure all American investment and defense installations to the Philippines.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2024 at 6:34 AM, thesetat said:

Am curious why they did not use that money to buy planes for their aircraft carrier? 

Because it was designed to operate the Harrier VSTOL aircraft, but they went out of production and there has been no other alternative suitable aircraft available.

2 hours ago, BE88 said:

The times when you worked are long gone, now technology has made great strides and if you were to go back to work now you would simply be surprised that you know almost nothing.

Unless the laws of Physics have changed, I could, you are talking out your backside, Batteries Can not be charged without a generator on a ship or Sub, or anything else, apart from connecting to a power source, perpetual motion does not exist on earth.

Tell me what would drive the generator. You are just trolling now. 

2 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Unless the laws of Physics have changed, I could, you are talking out your backside, Batteries Can not be charged without a generator on a ship or Sub, or anything else, apart from connecting to a power source, perpetual motion does not exist on earth.

Tell me what would drive the generator. You are just trolling now. 

Why are you asking me? Ask the Thai Navy why they made this weak deal.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, BE88 said:

Why are you asking me? Ask the Thai Navy why they made this weak deal.

I don't need to, I know it will be fitted with a CHD629 DIESEL Engine to turn the Generator the RTN have already announced  it, hence the point of this OP. 

IT IS a Diesel Engine not a generator ! the biggest question now IMO is where is the Generator made and how reliable is it, as with the batteries. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1