Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

14 minutes ago, rabas said:

Lets clean this up, too. https://en.zona.media/article/2024/02/24/75k

Mediazona and Meduza's work is very good BUT different in several ways.

1) figures are as of end 2023 

2) M&M method does not include the last 2 months in that range (their words)

3) M&M only count confirmed registered Russian dead, skipping large numbers and categories. 

4) M&M only counts dead. Ukraine counts dead, wounded, captured, missing, vaporized. 

5) Ukraine's is an estimate of all that.

So when all facts are considered  M&M and Ukraine are in quite reasonable agreement. 

Well I'm suggesting it's an educated guess, it's roughly parity and my sources broadly support that. If you add in the lack of air defences on the front line in the last few months and the brutal effect of almost undefended bombing sorties with FAB bombs on the poor pretty much defenceless conscripts and add in they are needing to recruit prisoners suugests their casulaties are much more than they are admitting too. I stick by my figures roughly 100,000 dead on both sides and 3x that in severely disabled. Horrific figures for sure and the sooner this war stops the better it is for all concerned.

https://archive.ph/b7mKJ

• Confused 4
  • Agree 1

On 5/25/2024 at 10:39 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Rogue Russia threatens the world, not just Ukraine

Surely, surely you can't be serious?

Russia almost got whupped at the beginning of the Ukraine invasion and you think they can invade the rest of the world.

Excuse me while I have :coffee1:.

It's called propaganda, BTW.

These guys would all be punting domino theory at the time of the Vietnam War - this is just the new reboot.Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose. Sadly I'm very busy in real life at the moment so will probably have to say goodbye, that and I have been offered a mod role on a much bigger site that I am contemplating.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Well I'm suggesting it's an educated guess, it's roughly parity and my sources broadly support that. If you add in the lack of air defences on the front line in the last few months and the brutal effect of almost undefended bombing sorties with FAB bombs on the poor pretty much defenceless conscripts and add in they are needing to recruit prisoners suugests their casulaties are much more than they are admitting too. I stick by my figures roughly 100,000 dead on both sides and 3x that in severely disabled. Horrific figures for sure and the sooner this war stops the better it is for all concerned.

https://archive.ph/b7mKJ

"stick by my figures roughly 100,000 dead on both sides" he says, cleverly covering up his initial, now seemingly intentional misinformation: "Ukrainian goverment are saying over half a million which is so far from that I would question any of the figures they put out about loses whether personel or equipment."

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Mediazona which works with the BBC - trawling all public records in Russia and other methods with meticlulous methodical approach is saying 85k so rounding up 100k is probably about it. Ukrainian goverment are saying over half a million which is so far from that I would question any of the figures they put out about loses whether personel or equipment.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, rabas said:

"stick by my figures roughly 100,000 dead on both sides" he says, cleverly covering up his initial, now seemingly intentional misinformation: "Ukrainian goverment are saying over half a million which is so far from that I would question any of the figures they put out about loses whether personel or equipment."

My mistake you are right I was unintentionally misinformed, I simply don't have the time that you have  to fact check exhaustively I'm a busy man. Killed and injured which is still probably on the high side but in the ball park. And I'll re-iterate the losses are most probably parity on both sides particuarly after the last few months. So my point that in war of attrition , where China tacitly supports Russia and Russia goes on a total war footing Russia eventually wins still stands.  It's not just me saying it either.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68778338

As a footnote ;

The last PM of South Vietnam Thiệu went on to excoriate the US, attacking "our great ally, [the] leader of the free world". "The United States has not respected its promises" he declared. "It is inhumane. It is not trustworthy. It is irresponsible."He added, "The United States did not keep its word. Is an American's word reliable these days?", and "The United States did not keep its promise to help us fight for freedom and it was in the same fight that the United States lost 50,000 of its young men."

It was ever thus.

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-ukraine-losses-war-half-million-gruesome-milestone-1904713

• Confused 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

A journalists opinion, how credible, we all need to take note

You are so shallow and transparent, it’s laughable. Always crying out for links and criticising them when they do not suit your narrative. 

Here’s another one from your dear Ukraine source 

https://www.kyivpost.com/post/33235

I’m sure you will have a ready rebuttal from your scripted arsenal. Anyhow, the proof will be in the pudding. Let’s see if your dear leader attends this farce of a summit or are the glittering lights of Hollywood a bigger appeal 🤣

• Confused 4

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Wow having all that negativity about me must be exhausting. Hope you find some sunshine soon. I have no idea what your link is about but I don't have any dear leaders. Who is yous?

Haha. Not at all. I find it very entertaining. At least, I don’t reply to practically every one of your posts. I couldn’t possibly. I would be on AN the whole day long but I have a life.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Haha. Not at all. I find it very entertaining. At least, I don’t reply to practically every one of your posts. I couldn’t possibly. I would be on AN the whole day long but I have a life.

At least, I don’t reply to practically every one of your posts. I couldn’t possibly.

I didn't ask you to but feel free

11 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

It was ever thus.

Indeed it is, and by no means just the US. History is littered with broken promises by country's leaders playing to a domestic audience. Perhaps the ones that believe the lies never took history at school.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

More westerm Wunderwaffe that hit's the stark reality of the front and that highlights the strategic and logistical nightmare of the vast menagerie of wetern kit, often outdated , sometimes in bad condition , without cyrillic labelling or extensive training hits the organised chaos of front lines. F16s will join that in due course should they ever materialise. We are heading to a Korean outcome with an effective undeclared armistice and frozen lines that will be fortified like no other and the new defacto Ukraine will be the result. No one will have won but Russia is never coming back to Europe and the Sino-Russian alliance has been born from those ugly ashes. Democracy and the rule of law are not a given , dark ages often follow a period of enlightment and that is what his happening now.

https://www.newsweek.com/us-abrams-tanks-amor-failing-ukraine-1905927

You forgot to mention the No.1 Russian tank that was taken out, but that doesn't fit your Red agenda, now does it............:whistling:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

As you appear to write content free micro posts I find little point in responding. An arguement, links from reliable sources acceptable in this parish or I will bid you good day.

A good enough excuse as any from a Red, I suppose............:coffee1:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

The truth has been out there for along time for those that sought it out , it's time to move on from the binary good vs evil dichotomy and realise there are just bad guys and badder guys at the top with "we" being the former. It's time to seek the least worst option for everyone. It's time to talk.

"Amid all the pressure to root out corruption, I assumed, perhaps naively, that officials in Ukraine would think twice before taking a bribe or pocketing state funds. But when I made this point to a top presidential adviser in early October, he asked me to turn off my audio recorder so he could speak more freely. “Simon, you’re mistaken,” he says. “People are stealing like there’s no tomorrow.”

https://time.com/6329188/ukraine-volodymyr-zelensky-interview/

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

As you appear to write content free micro posts I find little point in responding. An arguement, links from reliable sources acceptable in this parish or I will bid you good day.

Don’t hold your breath. He’s incapable of what you ask. I bade him farewell long ago.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Zelensky should have considered that going into a war without the home grown resources to continue it was not a good idea a couple years ago.

Being 100% dependent on other countries coming up with a few billion spare cash lying around was never a runner, IMO.

The west is broke from paying large to the undeserving and doesn't have any money for death anymore, or at least it shouldn't. It's time to make citizens lives better- isn't that why they were elected? Bunch of arrogant clowns that think they can do anything they like with taxpayer's money IMO.

It could be that Zelensky saw an opportunity to enrich himself and his cronies immensely. It won’t be the first time something like this has happened.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

It could be that Zelensky saw an opportunity to enrich himself and his cronies immensely. It won’t be the first time something like this has happened.

More "Red" guesswork...........:coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1