Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

16 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Good. Less men and weapons to fight in areas that matter.

With the bridges blown I doubt the Ukrainians can break out and are now confined to that area. They can be dealt with once the larger objective is secured.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

As his popularity fades Volodymyr Zelensky culls his cabinet - He has reshuffled his team and concentrated power - The Economist

Echoes of Nguyễn Văn Thiệu for those with long memories he railed at US perfidy at the end.

https://archive.is/h3x36

Those lined up for dismissal included heavyweights. Two deputy prime ministers, Iryna Vereschuk and Olga Stefanishyna. The justice minister, Denys Maliuska. The charismatic, ponytailed head of the ministry of strategic industries, Oleksandr Kamyshin. Environment minister, Ruslan Strilets, and the head of the State Property Fund, Vitalii Koval. Perhaps the best known of those departing is Dmytro Kuleba, the long-time foreign minister. Explaining his reshuffle, Mr Zelensky said the country needed a “new structure.” He will not have missed the massive drop in government popularity registered by polls in recent months. With elections cancelled during the war, this was one of the only levers he could pull.

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Confused 4
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Your sleaze attacks on Ukraine are epic. Zelinsky has nothing to do with  Nguyễn Văn Thiệu. The Russia Ukraine war of choice by genocidal war criminal dictator Putin has nothing to do with the Vietnam war. You are obviously simping for Putin.

Thank you. I appreciate your corrections of my erroneous posts.

Keep it up.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

My point about Nguyễn Văn Thiệu which will rapidly be deleted is many foreign leaders have had years long friendships with the US and big puff pieces in the NYT and the like doubt as to how they are transforming their countries and advancing the cause of freedom in the world and how the US will support them to the end. And then they don't and the circus moves on leaving your country in ruins and yes he took 16 tonnes of gold with him when he took the ride.

“It may be dangerous to be America's enemy, but to be America's friend is fatal.”
― Henry Kissinger

“America has no permanent friends or enemies, only interests”
― Henry Kissinger

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Agree 2