Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

21 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

More westerm Wunderwaffe that hit's the stark reality of the front and that highlights the strategic and logistical nightmare of the vast menagerie of wetern kit, often outdated , sometimes in bad condition , without cyrillic labelling or extensive training hits the organised chaos of front lines. F16s will join that in due course should they ever materialise. We are heading to a Korean outcome with an effective undeclared armistice and frozen lines that will be fortified like no other and the new defacto Ukraine will be the result. No one will have won but Russia is never coming back to Europe and the Sino-Russian alliance has been born from those ugly ashes. Democracy and the rule of law are not a given , dark ages often follow a period of enlightment and that is what his happening now.

https://www.newsweek.com/us-abrams-tanks-amor-failing-ukraine-1905927

Does anyone in European leadership understand the consequences of this proxy war, win or lose? Do they care?

Pity about the Abrams, LOL.

Tanks are the new battleships of warfare- nice juicy targets to air power.

They say that planners always plan for the last war, and it seems that saying is 100% right.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, rabas said:

What the poster knew is neither relevant nor knowable. His slanderous soundbite is broadly known to be Russian propaganda. So it is correct to mention and probably required in this thread.

I also see a few posters claim somethings are MSM propaganda without reference, but you never object to that. 

Rubbish. It was not posted as a fact, so your opinion on his post is not relevant.

You assume I read every post in every topic on this forum, LOL.

I do tell some posters that need to post a link to do so, but I guess you missed those, LOL.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's called "escalation" and will likely end up MAD. European leaders will be able to observe the blackened remains of their cities as they emerge from their shelters and be able to say, "we had to destroy the country to save it from Putin".

Bunch of numpties IMO.

No problem, Putin always backs down.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Does anyone in European leadership understand the consequences of this proxy war, win or lose? Do they care?

Pity about the Abrams, LOL.

Tanks are the new battleships of warfare- nice juicy targets to air power.

They say that planners always plan for the last war, and it seems that saying is 100% right.

How many tanks has Russia lost in this war?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Rubbish. It was not posted as a fact, so your opinion on his post is not relevant.

You assume I read every post in every topic on this forum, LOL.

I do tell some posters that need to post a link to do so, but I guess you missed those, LOL.

Mine was posted as fact. So, not opinion.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, rabas said:

Mine was posted as fact. So, not opinion.

In which case you were required to post a link to support it, hmmmmm!

Were you not just complaining that he hadn't posted a link to support his opinion?

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Seppius said:

Really you are funny, there was a status que till Russia invaded Ukraine, which was working well.

Now Russia will get everything it deservers, losing ships, tanks and hardware faster than they can replace them, NATO now thinks Russia is a joke, corruption in a mega scale, nothing hardly works, they are allowing western weapons to hit Russia because Russia is so weak

Even China is not backing them up, Russia is a joke IMHO

I understand you are probably Russian or have a connection to the country, but Putin has ****** your country

Pretty much every single one of your points are incorrect and made up from your own imagination.

For example, thinking that I’m probably Russian (wrong) or that I have a connection to the country (wrong, unless you consider an ex-gf a connection. Tenuous at best).

As for China not backing them up, where have you been these past few weeks? Did you not see the red carpet welcome? Did you not see the… HUG?

This is what happens when you start to make baseless assumptions without proper research and knowledge. You get everything wrong.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

So I take it that Ukraine is winning?

• Thanks 1