Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

2 minutes ago, tgw said:

their content is good, but I don't like the all-talk, there are no pictures, no videos, no maps, no nothing besides the talk and I don't find the voice particularly nice to listen to.

The truth can be boring but still needs to be heard i think,i hope people will take the time to

see this.

Posted (edited)

That close aide of Zelenskiy I warned you about upthread is being well and truly monstered in this exclusive Times article -  we are being prepped for the fall of Z.

The political survival of two of those deputies, Oleh Tatarov and Kyrylo Tymoshenko, now a key adviser to the defence minister, Rustem Umerov, has outraged anti-corruption watchdogs who point to reports of their alleged involvement in bribery scandals.

“Despite all the requests from international partners, Tatarov is still in charge of law enforcement reform, which is insane,” said Daria Kaleniuk, executive director of the Anti-Corruption Action Centre.

She noted Tatarov was investigated for bribery, adding: “Instead of dismissing him, the office of the president instructed new prosecutors to take over his case, and they closed it.”

https://archive.ph/6tNWi

Andriy Borysovych Yermak (Ukrainian: Андрій Борисович Єрмак; born 21 November 1971)[2] is a Ukrainian film producer who was appointed by Volodymyr Zelenskyy to serve as the Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine from 11 February 2020.[1] Yermak is also a member of the Headquarters of the Supreme Commander-in-Chief, the highest command and control body for the Armed Forces of Ukraine. He has been described as Zelensky’s right-hand man and a "real power broker" in Ukraine.[3] In 2024, Time named Yermak to their annual list of 100 most influential people in the world.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andriy_Yermak

The corruption case against his brother was closed. Washington aren't happy that's for sure. These will be the Trump levers as well should he win the Presidency. Fold or we publish.

https://kyivindependent.com/nabu-says-it-closed-corruption-case-against-brother-of-zelenskys-chief-of-staff/

Screenshot 2024-06-08 094705.jpg

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Seems she thinks Ukraine is all that's going on in the world.

She also doesn't understand that the US doesn't have loads of instructors hanging around waiting to be employed.

Seems it's all going wrong for Zelensky and co.

You hope.............:ermm:

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Sooooo, all Russia has to do is send 1,000 drones and an entire year's production is gone, leaving the sky open for the next 1,000. That's assuming Ukraine even gets a full year's production.

Those AIM missiles won't be used used for shooting down drones.

Watch and learn.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, jvs said:

For the umpteenth time!The Ukraine did not go into this war!It was putin all the way!

I do agree you are basically saying the Ukraine is fighting and dying for the West,i hope that will change soon.As far as the F-16s go, they can also use airport in neighboring countries.

That will be a problem for putin.

Sure he will spout more talk but i believe that is all it is,he has been crying escalation since the first outside arms reached the Ukraine.

If you are watching what russian TV are saying,they are going to nuke all of Europe any time now!

Putin has only respect for one thing,true powerful opposition.!!!!!!

There is no question that Russia is aggressor since 2022 as far as its relationship with Ukraine is concerned but wouldn't you agree that US and NATO are to blame for the cause of the troubles (starting in 2014)?

Part of statement from NATO summit in 2008

"NATO welcomes Ukraine’s and Georgia’s Euro-Atlantic aspirations for membership in NATO.  We agreed today that these countries will become members of NATO.  Both nations have made valuable contributions to Alliance operations."

https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natohq/official_texts_8443.htm

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, niccodemi said:

There is no question that Russia is aggressor since 2022 as far as its relationship with Ukraine is concerned but wouldn't you agree that US and NATO are to blame for the cause of the troubles (starting in 2014)?

"NATO welcomes Ukraine’s and Georgia’s Euro-Atlantic aspirations for membership in NATO.  We agreed today that these countries will become members of NATO.  Both nations have made valuable contributions to Alliance operations."

In a sober discussion, this sounds plausible and should be counted as world politics cause and counter actions, but for some her, nope

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, niccodemi said:

Did you watch the video i posted by Times Radio?A lot is explained in there.

Even in 2014 Russia was the aggressor also with Georgia.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, transam said:

😂........Is that your today's theatrics.............😂

Now tell us, why 2 staunch neutral countries, Sweden & Finland, joined NATO.......🤔

In your own words, not your Red leaders........:clap2:

Naah you didn't ask nice enough - I'll think I'll take your content free micro post privilges on this one and express an opinion without having to gold plate it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, beautifulthailand99 said:

Naah you didn't ask nice enough - I'll think I'll take your content free micro post privilges on this one and express an opinion without having to gold plate it.

:guitar:..........You are cornered.........:guitar:...........:clap2:

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, TedG said:

The Putin supporter's concern for Ukraine's losses is touching. Ukraine is fighting for its sovereignty; that's why they fight. I'm happy to see the West supporting Ukraine's defense against Putin.  

Welcome to the forum Ted I look forward to your well argued and sourced opinions. I never did figure out how to do the visitor block on my profile but looks like you fgured it out straight away.

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, niccodemi said:

Obviously, you don't believe that nations have the right of self determination.

What limits on *your* country's decision making are acceptable to you? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Having seen what has happened to Ukraine Georgia is very wary about upsetting her next door neighbour and with good reason. It helps noone if the US and others stir that pot.

Watch and learn.

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Obviously, you don't believe that nations have the right of self determination.

What limits on *your* country's decision making are acceptable to you? 

Salvador Allende is on the other line calling from the 1970s do yo uwant to take his call ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I have an AI tool which can analyze text and determine a signature. I may dust it down !

Good for you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Salvador Allende is on the other line calling from the 1970s do yo uwant to take his call ?

Just because the US overthrew the government of Chile in 1973 does not give Russia a free pass to invade other countries.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Invading countries is bad.

I am sorry you can't grasp that simple concept.

I agree. Tell me again, how many countries have America invaded in the last few decades?

Hmmm… I smell hypocrisy rising to the surface.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

In a sober discussion, this sounds plausible and should be counted as world politics cause and counter actions, but for some her, nope

In case you haven’t seen this, I found it quite enlightening.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

I agree. Tell me again, how many countries have America invaded in the last few decades?

Hmmm… I smell hypocrisy rising to the surface.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Invading other countries is wrong. Do you disagree?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

I know my language is horrible and alot of spelling error, but seriously, when I say half truts, sounds plausable but full of bull pie and conspirecy? 

Some sounds like common sense, and some of it is truths, but twisted ? Do this sounds better? 

I not criticising your spelling and English might not be your native language if so then you write brilliantly I struggle apart from English. But there are some commentators best avoided I would say Col Douglas MacGregor, Judge Napolitano, Scott Ritter , The Duran ,Tucker Carlson , that ex CIA bloke, the Hindustan Times, Lord Bebo (though he is a useful hub of info and misinfo)  and others they are right wing shills for Russia probably paid for. They maybe right sometimes but they are generally arguing in bad faith rather than seeking out the truth, which lies somewhere in the middle and if you seek it out, is certainly in the "free" western mainstream media.

13 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Anyone familiar with history should know that the US is ruthless with its aid. When it’s no longer convenient, they’ll pull it. And there’s no guarantee that they even want people to win, or win quickly.

Their number one goal has been to bleed Russia out as much as possible. I really don’t think they care how many Ukrainians die to achieve that.To be fair they probably went into this war because the US promised to supply them with enough weapons to win. And that hasn't happened and now it certainly won't happen.

They have history on that. In Afghanistan they apparently did that by supplying just enough weapons to keep them in the game against Russia without winning. That didn't change till some US politician forced them to supply ground to air shoulder launched missiles.

Thanks for your reply it is off topic so I will refrain from having what could have been a good debate on ethics and war and Thailand's non-aligment with "great" powers.

Seems some would prefer Thailand to have been ruined by fighting against an undefeatable army. It took the atom bomb to defeat them.

what is being achieved to let this tragic and terrible war continue ?

One assumes that to accept defeat will be so humiliating for Zelensky and his western supporters that they would rather continue to the bitter end that concede it's over.

I have no confidence that an iota of consideration for the cannon fodder troops that will die exists in their hearts when it's their positions in power at risk.

I can think of another "leader" is a similar situation too, somewhat far away from Ukraine.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1