UK Passport Renewal Time

39 minutes ago, Stocky said:

£110 that was a long time ago. I renewed mine at Newport passport office September last year £204.50 for a Jumbo passport using the 1 day premium service. 

Interesting, I took a cursory look at using the same day service in Liverpool when I was back in the UK (April/May) & got the impression that I could do the application/get approval the same day buy they would only mail out my new passport so it would take a total of approx. 5 days.

I got my previous 2 passports within 4-5 hours of applying using the same day service. 

Edited by Mike Teavee

There's a Premium and a Fast Track service.

The Premium you complete the online application, upload a digital photo, and provided the photo get's a green tick, you pay your money and select your appointment date and time. On the appointment date you go in an collect your passport, they clip the corner off the old one at that point, took about 10 minutes. I picked the passport up 3 days after I made the application, that was a date that suited me, the earliest you can get an appointment is 2 days after you apply.

The Fast Track service is different, you make an appointment take the application form and photo to the appointment, and the passport is then sent to you within 7 days after the appointment.

• Thanks 1