Excavator mechanic near Bangkok for machine inspection

Just on the off chance, I need a knowledgeable Thai (must be a Thai national) excavator mechanic to check over a backhoe loader for me in the next couple of days. East Bangkok area. I'm looking to buy this machine, so I need an unbiased opinion about its condition etc.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

On 5/20/2024 at 10:53 AM, Woof999 said:

Just on the off chance, I need a knowledgeable Thai (must be a Thai national) excavator mechanic to check over a backhoe loader for me in the next couple of days. East Bangkok area. I'm looking to buy this machine, so I need an unbiased opinion about its condition etc.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks

I'm sure you'll find someone but if you don't and have basic mechanical knowledge - its just a machine with moving hydraulic parts.  The usual things relating to the engine:

Undue blue smoke (burning oil)

Undue black smoke (injector/pump problems)

Oil in the water/water in the oil

Overheating

Knocks and rattles

Selects all gears

No harsh gear noise when moving

As for the hoe/hydraulic parts:

Leaks

Hoses for age, cracking and crushing

Smooth movement not jerky

Extend hydraulic arms fully to check for pitted chrome etc.

Over-work on the engine when performing hydraulic actions (can relate to a bent rod/piston). The engine note will always change when its working but over-work should be clear.

Check for undue wear on all joints, swivels, pins and actions.

Check greasing points are intact.

Allowing for age and price, if all the above are OK and the machine does what its intended to do, you should be good to go.  Hopefully you'll find a mechanic

1 hour ago, MangoKorat said:

I'm sure you'll find someone but if you don't and have basic mechanical knowledge - its just a machine with moving hydraulic parts.  The usual things relating to the engine:

Undue blue smoke (burning oil)

Undue black smoke (injector/pump problems)

Oil in the water/water in the oil

Overheating

Knocks and rattles

Selects all gears

No harsh gear noise when moving

As for the hoe/hydraulic parts:

Leaks

Hoses for age, cracking and crushing

Smooth movement not jerky

Extend hydraulic arms fully to check for pitted chrome etc.

Over-work on the engine when performing hydraulic actions (can relate to a bent rod/piston). The engine note will always change when its working but over-work should be clear.

Check for undue wear on all joints, swivels, pins and actions.

Check greasing points are intact.

Allowing for age and price, if all the above are OK and the machine does what its intended to do, you should be good to go.  Hopefully you'll find a mechanic

Thanks for this. Yeah I'm reasonably OK to check (although the above list is a great reminder), it's just that I can't make it down south in time.

Still looking for a mechanic to visit... I've called a few service centres and hire companies not far away from where the machine is and nobody wants to do it. I'm quite surprised by the (lack of) response actually, but it is what it is. Obviously I was going to pay a few 1000s for their time and expertise. Would only take a couple of hours.