Five Arrested in Patong Stabbing of British Man

webfact

10 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Does anything good ever happen in Bangla road? after the quiet and peaceful covid shutdown  🤔

They have some great bands at venues along Bangla.

5 hours ago, bob smith said:

....I did indeed 'try a sarcasm..'

And if you 'tried a English', you are not very good at it...

bob.

And if you tried a sarcasm again, you are not very good at it...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Pathetic. 

bob.

Finally you got something right.

Exactly what I was thinking about you...

I try to like everybody.

I will make an exception just for you.....

23 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

Finally you got something right.

Exactly what I was thinking about you...

I try to like everybody.

I will make an exception just for you.....

OK sweetheart. 

bob.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Why are you surprised? The Thai justice system is built for confessions as a confession offer 50% off the time in jail. If other countries made the same offer, you would see it there too.

1 hour ago, sambum said:

You've been here long enough to know that once the police take you to court  you ARE guilty - even if you're not,  and pleading guilty gets a 50% reduction in your sentence!

I wish you'd have read the post I replied to before replying to me.

I disagree with your statement that if police take you to court you'll be found guilty.

33 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I disagree with your statement that if police take you to court you'll be found guilty

disagree all you like, but with a 97% conviction rate he is not far short of the mark, 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

I disagree with your statement that if police take you to court you'll be found guilty.

So, do disagree then. pffft!

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

OK - you are entitled to disagree, but I am sure that many others will agree - I personally know of at least 6 who have first hand experience, and will agree with what I say.

Allow me to retell a story which I have posted on here before, but it is worth repeating to illustrate how the 'Justice System" worked in  one particular instance a couple of years ago.

During the Covid "lockdown", a few friends of mine were drinking illegally at a bar that was supposedly owned by a "High Up" local policeman, and hence they were told it was OK to have a drink there, but no loud music to draw attention to the place, just have a couple of beers, and a bit of a chat and all will be OK.

Unfortunately, a girl at a massage parlour opposite the bar decided to have a birthday party with a few friends, and one of her "rivals" grassed her up - not to the local police but to the area "main police" HQ.

Consequently, her party was raided - not by the local police but by the main police, who noticed that the bar opposite had some farangs drinking there so they decided to "nick them" as well (Farang = Baht!) They were all arrested and spent a night in the cells (which apparently was not a pleasant experience - concrete floor  - no beds  - no blankets - no water or food  - just a pot in the corner to pee in!)

In the morning they were taken to the local court, but because of Covid, it was to be an appearance in front of a Magistrate by video link. An interpreter explained the procedure, and said "When asked you will stand up, state your name, and plead guilty to the charges, which they had already been notified of. (i.e. drinking illegally during  lockdown)  One guy said, "I was not drinking at the bar, I was sitting at a table just down the street, and didn't have any drink in front of me, so I am going to plead "Not guilty". He was confident of being able to prove his innocence because prior to the raid, 2 undercover cops had cruised past on a motor bike videoing the whole shebang - birthday party and guys drinking at the bar.

The interpreter said, "OK, you are entitled to plead "Not Guilty", but I GUARANTEE  that this is what will happen. You will be remanded in custody for about 2 weeks (on the concrete floor!), you will have to get an expensive lawyer to represent you, and you will come back here and I GUARANTEE that you will be found guilty, and will be given twice the fine/punishment that you would have got if you'd pleaded guilty to in the first place" So he decided to plead guilty!

(There is even more to tell regarding this particular event, but I fear it may not be a good idea to air it on here so, if you like, I could PM you?) 

18 hours ago, sambum said:

"There must have been an argument during which he used the usual for (four?)letter words."

Why MUST there have been?

Because I doubt they walked up to him without any provocation or reason and stabbed him.

2 hours ago, Purdey said:

Because I doubt they walked up to him without any provocation or reason and stabbed him.

You doubt? But these things do happen and just because "you doubt" doesn't make them not happen!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Purdey said:

Yes, being stabbed with a knife is certainly fair punishment for using bad words. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, amexpat said:

Yes, being stabbed with a knife is certainly fair punishment for using bad words. 

No worse than shooting kids with an AR-15 I suppose.

Edited by Purdey

On 5/21/2024 at 7:16 AM, wensiensheng said:

I often wonder how the police identify suspects via cctv.

CCTV doesn’t show the names of people depicted, so is it that the police have prior knowledge of the individuals and recognize them when they see them on cctv, or do they wander the streets after the incident and look at peoples faces until they recognize them?

They only have to locate one of them. Finding the identity of one is as easy as asking locals around the scene. Catch one, a little bit of "persuasion", and the cops easily find the others involved.

You'd have to be crazy to do anything illegal with someone else!

On 5/21/2024 at 4:39 PM, roo860 said:

The Aussie lads I knock around with never stop slagging Australia off, especially the ones that are going to have to go back for 2 years to qualify for their pension. 

If an Aussie is not slagging you off you know that you are not liked. Walk into an Aussie pub and start hating on Australians or Australia and see how that works out for you. 555