Ireland, Norway, & Spain to Recognize Palestinian State Amid Ongoing Israel-Hamas Conflict

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Why do the majority of Palastinians support Hamas. 

Unless you can show me the result of recent free and fair elections I do not accept they do support Hamas.

Hamas has an iron grip on the people of Gaza, they are not free to choose.

Not an argument that finds favor with those support the continuing carnage and collective punishment of Palestinians in Gaza but very clearly Hamas hold Palestinian la in Gaza under a brutal regime of control.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

Hamas are in power. Do you want them to stay there?

No I don’t.

Neither do I support the continuing carnage and the collective punishment of the people of Gaza.

Actually I’d like to see the back of Netanyahu too.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Unless you can show me the result of recent free and fair elections I do not accept they do support Hamas.

Hamas has an iron grip on the people of Gaza, they are not free to choose.

Not an argument that finds favor with those support the continuing carnage and collective punishment of Palestinians in Gaza but very clearly Hamas hold Palestinian la in Gaza under a brutal regime of control.

What elections….lol There are polls that have already been quoted. If you have now decided they have no legitimacy then that’s just trolling

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No I don’t.

Neither do I support the continuing carnage and the collective punishment of the people of Gaza.

Actually I’d like to see the back of Netanyahu too.

So if you don’t want them to stay there how to get them out and release hostages?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, coolcarer said:

What elections….lol There are polls that have already been quoted. If you have now decided they have no legitimacy then that’s just trolling

Precisely there are no elections

Therefore no claim to Hamas being the legitimate representative of the Palestinian people in Gaza.

Polls - your having a laugh.

Hamas have the people of Gaza in an open grip of tyranny. Hamas frequently murder Palestinians who speak up against at them.

Your poll needs printing on soft paper.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Negotiations!

You are funny. They have refused since early December to release any hostages. Negotiate with an evil terrorist group to give themselves up and leave Gaza.................🤣

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Precisely there are no elections

Therefore no claim to Hamas being the legitimate representative of the Palestinian people in Gaza.

Polls - your having a laugh.

Hamas have the people of Gaza in an open grip of tyranny. Hamas frequently murder Palestinians who speak up against at them.

Your poll needs printing on soft paper.

Confirmed with your further trolling comment about polls. Noted and bookmarked  for future poll references.

They are the legitimate gov there, stop lying. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

No they haven’t.

They have stated they shall recognize  Palestine as a state which is their right to do so. 

Netanyahu backed funding to Hamas to thwart the right of the Palestinians to self determination and their own independent state.

So yes, bring on the Netanyahu lead Israeli propaganda.

The real story is Israel’s growing isolation from nations that were formerly supporters of Israel.

Netanyahu’s conduct of this war has done a great deal to promote Palestinian nationhood.

Stop swerving. The story is about Ireland, Spain and Norway recognising Palestine as a nation, a nation which is ruled by Hamas. That's why Hamas are so happy about this development. 

If they said they will recognise the state of Palestine when Hamas step down / are defeated, then you might have a point. But they didn't, therefore they effectively legitimised the Hamas government. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Ireland, Spain and Norway are recognising a Palestinian state headed by Hamas. This means that the Oct 7th atrocities were carried out by the State of Palestine, in the eyes of the Irish, Spanish and Norwegian governments. 

Bunch of leftie idiots who act without engaging their brains, just like Queers for Palestine. 

Please provide  the link, as required by Forum rules, showing the three countries recognition of Hamas as leaders of the Palestinian people. Hamas are in reality a violent oppressive dictatorship of the Gaza Strip. An example what the governments are actually stating...

"The ongoing war in Gaza has made it abundantly clear that achieving peace and stability must be predicated on resolving the Palestinian question."

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, simple1 said:

Please provide  the link, as required by Forum rules, showing the three countries recognition of Hamas as leaders of the Palestinian people. Hamas are in reality a violent oppressive dictatorship of the Gaza Strip. An example what the governments are actually stating...

"The ongoing war in Gaza has made it abundantly clear that achieving peace and stability must be predicated on resolving the Palestinian question."

They have recognised Palestine as a state, a state governed by Hamas. No links required. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

They have recognised Palestine as a state, a state governed by Hamas. No links required. 

Even I do not agree with the timing, should have been done long time ago, or later after the war is over! I feel strongly about the propaganda and wrong facts going viral!

Norway condemns terrorism

Both the Palestinian and Israeli authorities have been informed of the Norwegian Government’s decision to recognise Palestine as a state.

‘Norway intends to continue its close contact with the Israeli authorities. Norway was one of the first countries to recognise the state of Israel in 1949. Israel is in a vulnerable security situation, and Norway recognises Israel’s legitimate right to defend itself, within the framework of international law. We believe that the two-state solution is in Israel’s best interests. It will help to establish a more peaceful, safe and stable region,’ said Mr Støre

Facts

Norway recognises Palestine as a state in line with international law and relevant resolutions by the UN Security Council. The territorial demarcation between the state of Palestine and the state of Israel should be based on the pre-1967 borders, i.e. the demarcation line as set out in the 1949 Armistice Agreements, with Jerusalem as the capital of both states and without prejudice to a final settlement on borders, including the use of land swaps.

Recognition of the state of Palestine is part of the follow-up to the 2023 decision in the Storting (Norwegian Parliament) that the Government may choose to recognise Palestine as a state at a time when the decision could be of value to the peace process and without any conditions relating to a final peace agreement.

The decision to recognise Palestine as a state is considered a matter of importance which, in accordance with Article 28 of the Constitution, requires approval by the King in Council of State. Following the adoption by Royal Decree on Friday 24 May, Palestine will be formally informed of the recognition by verbal note. Norway’s formal recognition of Palestine as a state will enter into force on Tuesday 28 May 2024.

The recognition of Palestine as a state means that Norway will consider Palestine to be an independent state with the rights and duties this entails. This includes, among other things, the expectation from Norway that all relations with Palestine will be founded on the fundamental rules of international law regarding independence, equality and peaceful coexistence.

https://www.regjeringen.no/en/aktuelt/norway-recognises-palestine-as-a-state/id3040194/

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Even I do not agree with the timing, should have been done long time ago, or later after the war is over! I feel strongly about the propaganda and wrong facts going viral!

Norway condemns terrorism

Both the Palestinian and Israeli authorities have been informed of the Norwegian Government’s decision to recognise Palestine as a state.

‘Norway intends to continue its close contact with the Israeli authorities. Norway was one of the first countries to recognise the state of Israel in 1949. Israel is in a vulnerable security situation, and Norway recognises Israel’s legitimate right to defend itself, within the framework of international law. We believe that the two-state solution is in Israel’s best interests. It will help to establish a more peaceful, safe and stable region,’ said Mr Støre

Facts

Norway recognises Palestine as a state in line with international law and relevant resolutions by the UN Security Council. The territorial demarcation between the state of Palestine and the state of Israel should be based on the pre-1967 borders, i.e. the demarcation line as set out in the 1949 Armistice Agreements, with Jerusalem as the capital of both states and without prejudice to a final settlement on borders, including the use of land swaps.

Recognition of the state of Palestine is part of the follow-up to the 2023 decision in the Storting (Norwegian Parliament) that the Government may choose to recognise Palestine as a state at a time when the decision could be of value to the peace process and without any conditions relating to a final peace agreement.

The decision to recognise Palestine as a state is considered a matter of importance which, in accordance with Article 28 of the Constitution, requires approval by the King in Council of State. Following the adoption by Royal Decree on Friday 24 May, Palestine will be formally informed of the recognition by verbal note. Norway’s formal recognition of Palestine as a state will enter into force on Tuesday 28 May 2024.

The recognition of Palestine as a state means that Norway will consider Palestine to be an independent state with the rights and duties this entails. This includes, among other things, the expectation from Norway that all relations with Palestine will be founded on the fundamental rules of international law regarding independence, equality and peaceful coexistence.

https://www.regjeringen.no/en/aktuelt/norway-recognises-palestine-as-a-state/id3040194/

Thanks for the information, but it doesn't change the fact that they have recognised the Hamas led Palestine as a state. 

I expected this of the woke government in Ireland, but not Norway. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

Thanks for the information, but it doesn't change the fact that they have recognised the Hamas led Palestine as a state. 

I expected this of the woke government in Ireland, but not Norway. 

Agree.

But it doesn't validate your claim "This means that the Oct 7th atrocities were carried out by the State of Palestine, in the eyes of the Irish, Spanish and Norwegian governments. 

Bunch of leftie idiots who act without engaging their brains, just like Queers for Palestine. "

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Yes it does. When the UK was at war with Argentina, nobody said the Tories are at war with Argentina. Same logic. 

Hamas governs Palestine. 

What are you smoking? Hamas does not govern the West Bank ergo Hamas does not govern Palestine, just a very small part of it.

No one is recognising Gaza as Palestine in it's entirety.

It's like saying the London council president rules Britain.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

Disagree. The UN members have recognised "Palestine" as a State in concept. As you well know, today's 'Palestine' includes West Bank and Gaza with separate governments, They are not unified, indeed the West Bank is partially occupied by the Israelis.  I have not read a statement from any of the OP countries recognising Hamas as rulers of a unified Palestinian State, nor any UN member formally recognising  Hamas as the government of Gaza. 

Regardless Spain is recognizing Gaza as a Palestinian state as of today. The same Gaza that is under control of Hamas. They say its to foster peace between Israel and Palestine, I guess they forgot Hamas has promised to do the same thing again and again. They also forgot that Hamas does not recognize Israel as a state.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Regardless Spain is recognizing Gaza as a Palestinian state as of today. The same Gaza that is under control of Hamas. They say its to foster peace between Israel and Palestine, I guess they forgot Hamas has promised to do the same thing again and again. They also forgot that Hamas does not recognize Israel as a state.

Again incorrect. From the link you provided the fact of Spain's diplomatic position.

Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez says Madrid will recognize a Palestinian state including the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, unified under the Palestinian Authority with East Jerusalem as its capital

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Again incorrect. From the link you provided the fact of Spain's diplomatic position.

Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez says Madrid will recognize a Palestinian state including the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, unified under the Palestinian Authority with East Jerusalem as its capital

Who controls the Gaza Strip?

From the link

"Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez says Madrid will recognize a Palestinian state including the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, unified under the Palestinian Authority with East Jerusalem as its capital"

Why do you think the UK have not gone down this route?

British Foreign Secretary David Cameron said London will not recognize a Palestinian state while Hamas remains in Gaza

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Who controls the Gaza Strip?

From the link

"Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez says Madrid will recognize a Palestinian state including the Gaza Strip and the West Bank, unified under the Palestinian Authority with East Jerusalem as its capital"

Why do you think the UK have not gone down this route?

British Foreign Secretary David Cameron said London will not recognize a Palestinian state while Hamas remains in Gaza

Don't know why you are unable to comprehend the Spanish position; they are talking to a future State composition recognition. To repeat "unified under the Palestinian Authority with East Jerusalem as its capital". Not going to bother to reply anymore on this matter.

Edited by simple1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

'Gaza as a Palestinian state' is not the same as 'a Palestinian state including Gaza'. Your usual distortions 

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, stevenl said:

'Gaza as a Palestinian state' is not the same as 'a Palestinian state including Gaza'. Your usual distortions 

uuum, its a quote:

Can you explain the difference and link me to these usual distortions that you claim I make? I find that quite offensive

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Don't know why you are unable to comprehend the Spanish position; they are talking to a future State composition recognition. To repeat "unified under the Palestinian Authority with East Jerusalem as its capital". Not going to bother to reply anymore on this matter.

It comes into effect today. Its no surprise you'll not be commenting any further

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

It comes into effect today.

Good news.

High time to bypass Netanyahu’s attempts to thwart the right of the Palestinians to the same rights of nationhood and self determination that the rest of us enjoy.

Backing funding to Hamas in order to thwart the right of Palestinians to their own independent nation, what on earth did Netanyahu think he was doing?!

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

uuum, its a quote:

Can you explain the difference and link me to these usual distortions that you claim I make? I find that quite offensive

I suggest you pass that query to the Spanish Government.

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Good news.

High time to bypass Netanyahu’s attempts to thwart the right of the Palestinians to the same rights of nationhood and self determination that the rest of us enjoy.

Backing funding to Hamas in order to thwart the right of Palestinians to their own independent nation, what on earth did Netanyahu think he was doing?!

For you I am sure it is, I had no other expectation from you.

• Like 1