Cannabis crackdown: Only marijuana buds return to the blacklist

webfact

13 hours ago, Merrill said:

The rest of the plant has many uses 

It might have many uses, but one of them is not getting you stoned. You ever hear of anyone using seed, stems and roots to get high?

4 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

Hub of useless cannabis plant materiel. Sounds like a winner. 

The plants will be treated like flowers were in the Adams Family home, with the buds cut off and thrown away and the stalks retained for God knows what purpose. Stalks, seeds, leaves and oils with no THC are not going to support a medical marijuana market. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Spock said:

The plants will be treated like flowers were in the Adams Family home, with the buds cut off and thrown away and the stalks retained for God knows what purpose. Stalks, seeds, leaves and oils with no THC are not going to support a medical marijuana market. 

Seemingly the government is hoping to turn the large existing grower industry into an export product for medical use cannabis to avoid a large financial collapse for the growers. I don't see that happening though. The growers probably don't meet the international standards required for that and would likely be unwilling to invest more to meet those standards. Furthermore, I suspect the market of supplying flowers to the international medical use cannabis industry is already very large and competitive and not requiring more supply. So it sounds like another pipe dream and that the government is merely providing lip service to all the heavily invested growers who will be totally stuffed if they do criminalize it again. Well, I guess they can grind it all up and make T-shirts out of it to sell to backpackers on Khao San road. Hub of cannabis T-shirts. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, RedRoadRunner said:

Keep dreaming !!! 🤣🤣🤣

23 hours ago, RedRoadRunner said:

Keep dreaming !!! 🤣🤣🤣

Yes, some posters here haven't heard of the tobacco or alcohol monopolies or who owns and controls them.

• Sad 1

On 5/24/2024 at 7:11 PM, jvs said:

Really?

The leafs are working really well for me!

Do you see vendors selling leaves? I'm not saying that you can't use the leaves, like for tea, or decorations on cakes or other meals, or that there might be some useful or helpful trace minerals. But as far as putting money in the pockets of Thai Nationals trying to earn some money in order to be able eat and pay their bills? Worthless!

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Noah K said:

Do you see vendors selling leaves? I'm not saying that you can't use the leaves, like for tea, or decorations on cakes or other meals, or that there might be some useful or helpful trace minerals. But as far as putting money in the pockets of Thai Nationals trying to earn some money in order to be able eat and pay their bills? Worthless!

I am not saying anything else, except the leaves work really well for me,we make it into edibles and i use it to sleep.

So there for i believe there is enough THC in there to give me a good buss.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2024 at 8:38 AM, webfact said:

Thailand seeks to balance public health concerns while offering some stability to the cannabis industry

Well, this does not stabilize the cannablis industry, it protects the hemp industry and destroys the cannabis industry.  It's fun to watch them try to put the genie back in the bottle here.  The fact is this will gore a lot of oxen, so politically it will be a fun fight.  Not over yet I think.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, jvs said:

I am not saying anything else, except the leaves work really well for me,we make it into edibles and i use it to sleep.

So there for i believe there is enough THC in there to give me a good buss.

There is no THC in the leaves. You don't have to believe me,  just Google it 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Noah K said:

Come try my edibles!

You will be surprised!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Noah K said:

Leaves still contain between 1-2% THC, which would make them legal within the current definition, but would allow for relatively easy extraction even by home users into edibles. Of course, this is not as efficient as using the buds, but howtos are easy to find online and there is no need for exotic solvents or chemicals, so anybody can do it...

Note: making such extractions will likely not be legal in Thailand (or already is not), albeit the source material will be. So maybe don't go about boasting to all your neighbors about it.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1