I was quoted 100k to remove a hemorrhoid. Outrageous.

39 minutes ago, superal said:

Update .

I reported earlier about the cost of the procedure called Rezum that is a water therapy to shrink an enlarged prostate .

The Thai hospitals start at 220,000 baht . It is available in the UK at 117,000 baht , so nearly half of the price . All for a 20 minute non invasive treatment and go home the same day . Outrageous or what ?

Yeah the private hospitals are milking people to the max

• Agree 1

On 5/24/2024 at 8:38 PM, advancebooking said:

I live in a regional city not bkk. Recently went to a private hospital and told the nurse that I have a large painful hemorrhoid on the outside of my butt near the rectum. How much I asked her. After a few minutes she said 100% and that includes spinal anesthesia. She asked if I wanted to see the surgeon. I said no thanks. 

5 yrs ago in Bumrungrad a dr put local into my butt and cut one out and I think it was 3k to 4k maybe. 2 yrs ago I had another one inside my rectum. Same hospital. They used a rubber band technique to remove it. I think that was up to 10k. 

So now I dont know what to do. It feels huge and so painful. Im using cream. Should I be going to Bkk. What happens if I do nothing for a week or so. Is it going to go away on its own. 

Its just a complete nightmare to have this on my butt right now

thanks

I can do it for free, if you prefer.

1 hour ago, Gaccha said:

That is a steroid (readily available in Thailand) and a local anaesthetic (easy to get). So if the OP is motivated to act then he could go and get a couple of creams today to sort himself out.

Not in 2016 when I needed the ointment, it wasn't. I tried online and couldn't find it anywhere, also visiting countless pharmacies in Pattaya to be told the exact same thing. And yes, the steroid cream can now be bought without a doctor's prescription in the UK and most likely in Thailand too in 2024. Not that it's of any consequence as I've already had the operation. My main point was that sometimes you have to swallow the treatment cost if you want to be restored back to health—something the OP was more concerned about.

On 5/25/2024 at 6:07 PM, ujayujay said:

Nonsense! 100k baht (2700 US dollars) is a fraction of what you pay in the West for this operation! In Europe it costs around 15k dollars (540k baht) and more.Dream a little more.:coffee1:

Yes but Thailand is not the west is it. Daft comment 

3 minutes ago, advancebooking said:

Yes but Thailand is not the west is it. Daft comment 

The point being you can shop globally for medical treatment. Cost, areas of specialization, repeated positive outcomes, you do not have to limit yourself to the closest or most convenient option to get the outcome you are looking for.

1 hour ago, LTHAI said:

Just had it done at Bangkok Hospital Phuket with an overnght stay - 50,000 baht all in and with 3 followup visits.  Excellent surgeon.

A quick Google search shows the UK operation in a private hospital at around 2500 pounds Sterling or 117,000 baht . Thai hospitals charge way over the top .