Sir Keir Starmer & His Corbynite Past

Trying to label Starmer as an extremist is a joke. He's just a party loyalist, supporting the party leader.

In the UK, taking on the job of PM means that your reputation is ruined - every PM in this century is pretty much reviled, and Starmer will be no different when he is done. Hopefully, he lasts longer than a head of lettuce.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Go on then. Explain.

Not possible, is it?

We will never know but if you're under the impression Boris and co did a great job during Covid good for you, I'm not willing to get into an argument/debate over it, on the basis that if the Labour party had prior to 2017 all been behind a left/centre manifesto things could have been very different. So much so that the establishment are still bringing trying to bring Corbyn into this election against Starmer, it scared them so much, the masses getting behind a honest genuine politician.

That will be Starmer's problem this election, the left of the Labour party has left to the Greens and Independents amounting to about 200,000 paying members, not only a monetary problem but also a large part of the canvassing side of the party.

As for Brexit, that was the problem for the 2019 election, biggest mistake imho the U.K. has ever made in recent history, that cat will be kicked down the road forever.

19 hours ago, Purdey said:

Not sure if Starmer is the right leader, but hope Labour will support the NHS and the poor (no more food banks!). Britain needs a government focused on people. 

True, but it certainly won't with a multimillionaire "Sir" leading the "party of the working class". Every Labour leader in my adult life time has been nothing but a hypocrite and liar worse than any Tory.

No Tory yet has ever led the country to bankruptcy. Remember 1976 and the International Monetary Fund?

8 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Not possible, is it?

We will never know but if you're under the impression Boris and co did a great job during Covid good for you, I'm not willing to get into an argument/debate over it, on the basis that if the Labour party had prior to 2017 all been behind a left/centre manifesto things could have been very different. So much so that the establishment are still bringing trying to bring Corbyn into this election against Starmer, it scared them so much, the masses getting behind a honest genuine politician.

That will be Starmer's problem this election, the left of the Labour party has left to the Greens and Independents amounting to about 200,000 paying members, not only a monetary problem but also a large part of the canvassing side of the party.

As for Brexit, that was the problem for the 2019 election, biggest mistake imho the U.K. has ever made in recent history, that cat will be kicked down the road forever.

So you can't explain. I didn't think you would be able to.

22 hours ago, Purdey said:

Not sure if Starmer is the right leader, but hope Labour will support the NHS and the poor (no more food banks!). Britain needs a government focused on people. 

14 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

We had the chance of a Labour government that would have done that and a lot more in 2017 but for the dummies on the right of the Labour party sabotaging the best result since 2001 and the biggest increase in vote share in a single general election since 1945.

How different the Covid debacle and Brexit would have been for the U.K. under a Corbyn government rather than with the Tories under Boris.

13 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Go on then. Explain.

8 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Not possible, is it?

32 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

So you can't explain. I didn't think you would be able to.

I'd like to know what you were expecting?