Thai Consulate Savannakhet Policy Change

I wonder how many people are going to show up at the Consulate on Tuesday, completely oblivious to these new requirements and finding themselves gleefully turned away by Consulate staff with beaming smiles on their faces as a result?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

I wonder how many people are going to show up at the Consulate on Tuesday, completely oblivious to these new requirements and finding themselves gleefully turned away by Consulate staff with beaming smiles on their faces as a result?

I hear there is a back door, but only hear..........🤫...............🤭

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, OJAS said:

These Chinese guys find a way every time. 

I normally show up early, I'm just hoping this print out is good the website spat out incorrect passport dates with the year twice.

Edited by ndreamer

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone actually managed to get an online booking time slot yet?

I dont need to renew until July but have been checking the website every day to see how difficult it is to get a booking. I have never seen a slot available. I even checked at 01:30am but it was already fully booked for 2 weeks time. I will have to try midnight i suppose as that seems to be when the availability for 2 weeks time begins.

Anywhere else still doing the ME Non O based on marriage?

2 minutes ago, RC8 said:

I dont need to renew until July but have been checking the website every day to see how difficult it is to get a booking.

Allegedly certain agents grab all the slots. Let's see if they'll crack down on that, same as Vientiane did where this isn't a problem anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We're seeing more and more visa run companies put up notices on their websites that they won't run to Savannakhet anymore

It seems FEW people are actually getting the available bookings which come up at between 12 and 2 am every day. Plus they only let you book 14 days in advance so tonight when the open up the 27th will be the only day that opens.

There does appear to be a few companies that are able to get bookings for Savannakhet though

Sadly because Savannakhet went to 400K baht in a thai bank account for 2 months before you apply for the year/multi-Non-O based on marriage AND went to 3 day processing (2 business days after the day you apply) there's almost no advantage to go there, you might as well go to Vientiane, and it's way easier to get appts there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Sadly because Savannakhet went to 400K baht in a thai bank account for 2 months before you apply for the year/multi-Non-O based on marriage AND went to 3 day processing (2 business days after the day you apply) there's almost no advantage to go there, you might as well go to Vientiane, and it's way easier to get appts there

Many thanks.

Are the finantials the same as Savannakhet in Vientiane, 400k in Thai bank 2 months prior?

Yeh, the online booking is a joke. I tried at 00:01 and got a YELLOW box instead of red or green and it let me start to book an appointment. Wether it would be successful i dont know but i doubt it. Went back at 00:02 and all appointments full. 

As Vientiane does not do the ME visa it looks like i will be going to Penang or HCMC.

• Like 1

@RC8

Hey is the Non O ME visa available from Penang or HCMC? Thought it was only Savvanakeht that was left? 

Someone had mentioned an agent was booking all the slots, I tried to call one visa agent in Savannakeht with no luck will try again next week 

Edited by kenyersel

6 hours ago, kenyersel said:

@RC8

Hey is the Non O ME visa available from Penang or HCMC? Thought it was only Savvanakeht that was left? 

Someone had mentioned an agent was booking all the slots, I tried to call one visa agent in Savannakeht with no luck will try again next week 

Im not sure about Penang and HCMC tbh. I just search the forum and i thought they were still available but maybe not. Hopefully someone will put us right.

Definitely something dodgy going on with appointments at Savannakhet. I emailed the consulate today about it but doubt i will get any response. 

If you could let me know if you get any luck with an agent it would be greatly appreciated 

The most mind-numbing town in the world....= Savannakhet.

Lots of very angry dogs at garden gates of every street it seems.

Head to Bolaven Plateau via Pakse..careful though in rainy season after roads cave in !!

Coffee cultivation zone.

• Confused 1

On 6/13/2024 at 4:27 PM, Tod Daniels said:

We're seeing more and more visa run companies put up notices on their websites that they won't run to Savannakhet anymore

It seems FEW people are actually getting the available bookings which come up at between 12 and 2 am every day. Plus they only let you book 14 days in advance so tonight when the open up the 27th will be the only day that opens.

There does appear to be a few companies that are able to get bookings for Savannakhet though

Hi Tod. Have they definitely gone to 2 months in a Thai bank account. When I received mine in late April I had only deposited the money 1 week earlier. There were no problems. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/15/2024 at 1:28 AM, freedomnow said:

The most mind-numbing town in the world....= Savannakhet.

Lots of very angry dogs at garden gates of every street it seems.

Head to Bolaven Plateau via Pakse..careful though in rainy season after roads cave in !!

Coffee cultivation zone.

99% don't go there to look at the scenery, road conditions, harvests or the local hangouts, we go there for one thing only then retreat.....🤔

• Agree 2

On 6/2/2024 at 8:11 AM, OJAS said:

This has just happened to me

Had no idea of the change