Do the new visa changes mean we will now receive a 60 day stamp instead of 30 day stamp?

I live in Laos but visit Thailand frequently (UK citizen). When entering Thailand, after the new rules go into effect on 1 June, will I now receive a 60 day stamp instead of a 30 day stamp if I don't apply for a visa beforehand? And will that 60 days be extendable for 30 days more at Immigration for a total of 90 days? I am referring to this statement "Extend the period of visa-free stays from 30 days to 60 days." Cheers.

You will receive a 60-day stamp, yes. It's not 100% clear if this will be enforced exactly by June, 1, but we have to expect so, according to the announcement.

• Like 1

We dont know for sure, nothing has been published in the royal gazette. Last time they talked about this they ended up only giving 60 days to Russia. So we have to wait and see, they might say for example only China, Cambodia, Laos get 60.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, AventurasEnMadrid said:

I live in Laos but visit Thailand frequently (UK citizen). When entering Thailand, after the new rules go into effect on 1 June, will I now receive a 60 day stamp instead of a 30 day stamp if I don't apply for a visa beforehand? And will that 60 days be extendable for 30 days more at Immigration for a total of 90 days? I am referring to this statement "Extend the period of visa-free stays from 30 days to 60 days." Cheers.

NO: Ur NOT a Laos citizen!!
and ur still ONLY limited to 2 visa exempt entries/year via land border
same goes for farangs living in Cambodia on long term extensions>

• Confused 4

Too many vested interests to reduce revenue by giving every nation 60 day stamps, instead of being able to charge every 30 days. Plus reduction in visa run and extension services and transport would not please business community.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, zzzzz said:

same goes for farangs living in Cambodia on long term extensions>

As far as I know there are still international flights from Laos. Where does the OP state that he intends to travel by land?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zzzzz said:

You should try reading the OP's question before responding.  He didn't ask anything about entering by land or the number of entries allowed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phillip9 said:

You should try reading the OP's question before responding.  He didn't ask anything about entering by land or the number of entries allowed.

True...so how many entries via air visa exempt  would you suggest is possible.

Most likely depends how long someone stays in Thailand.

Moving away from OP, so how many back to back visa exempt via air plus 30 day extension is possible 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

True...so how many entries via air visa exempt  would you suggest is possible.

Read the OP's question.  He didn't ask anything at all about the number of entries allowed.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

But the new rules do not clarify how much it will actually cost tourist visa monthly extension from the current level of TBaht1.900.

Make your mathematics to realize the real problem that with no clarification the real problem wouldnt be solved.

We hope to be solved if logic thoughts prevail among Government officials.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Paris333 said:

But the new rules do not clarify how much it will actually cost tourist visa monthly extension from the current level of TBaht1.900.

Make your mathematics to realize the real problem that with no clarification the real problem wouldnt be solved.

We hope to be solved if logic thoughts prevail among Government officials.

For the last 2.5 years visa exempt was increased to 45 days at various stages and the 30 day TM7 extension never changed from 1900 baht, so why would you think it'll change now that they've increased visa exempt to 60 days? Plus the 30 day extension was never mentioned to change in any of the press releases...

Edited by Pattaya57

5 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

For the last 2.5 years visa exempt was increased to 45 days at various stages and the 30 day TM7 extension never changed from 1900 baht, so why would you think it'll change now that they've increased visa exempt to 60 days? Plus the 30 day extension was never mentioned to change in any of the press releases...

I doubt the 1,900 Baht fee will change, lets see in the upcoming Police Order for these changes. It could be an interesting read... BTW, the police order (may be more than one actually) is due pretty soon according to MFA.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

You pay too much attention to articles and press releases.  Wait till it's published in the Royal Gazette.  Then it's official.

Edited by sabaiguy
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, sabaiguy said:

You pay too much attention to articles and press releases.  Wait till it's published in the Royal Gazette.  Then it's official.

No, I'm pretty confident nothing will change with 30 day extension so don't need to wait for gazette as extension was never stated as something to change

Meanwhile this whole thread is about will an entry after 1 June result in a 60 day visa exempt stamp instead of 30 days because what, they don't believe the press releases that clearly say it will?

Edited by Pattaya57