paypal alternative in thailand

Only for registered business or Thai nationals, is my understanding.

What and where do you need to deploy this payment service ? Or is it strictly personal use ?

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Only for registered business or Thai nationals, is my understanding.

What and where do you need to deploy this payment service ? Or is it strictly personal use ?

if some person sends me money it takes too long with bank transfer....paypal was immediate.... mostly from people from usa

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I opened a PayPal account in my home country in Europe (with a different email address). It is connected to my Thai VISA credit card.

I use it from time to time and it works fine.

that is cool....so how do i get thai visa card? I have scb bank and European Paypal too...so are you saying you can withdraw to your thai cc from your EU Paypal?

Edited by parafareno

15 minutes ago, parafareno said:

that is cool....so how do i get thai visa card? I have scb bank and European Paypal too...so are you saying you can withdraw to your thai cc from your EU Paypal?

You have to deposit a certain sum for security , in my case it was 200.000 and I got an thai visa card . no problem with SCB ...

3 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

You have to deposit a certain sum for security , in my case it was 200.000 and I got an thai visa card . no problem with SCB ...

hmm i dont want to have so much cash in a bank....   just laying there....  can they cap the cc to like 20000 bht max withdraw or something? 200000 bht is way too much for having a cc

1 minute ago, parafareno said:

hmm i dont want to have so much cash in a bank....   just laying there....  can they cap the cc to like 20000 bht max withdraw or something? 200000 bht is way too much for having a cc

Depends on the branch I guess ... just talk to them ...

23 minutes ago, parafareno said:

Many years ago I got a secured credit card w/ a deposit of 50,000, an amount arbitrarily chosen by me. Ask your bank what the minimum is.

44 minutes ago, parafareno said:

I only used it in the way that I pay bills with PayPal (Europe). And my Thai credit card is connected to that PayPal account. So in the moment when I buy something with my PayPal the money is charged to my Thai credit card.

I never tried it the other way around and I don't see a reason to do that.

I have a work permit and Non-B visa in Thailand. With that it is easy to open and bank account and get a credit card. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, parafareno said:

but also if you have cc it is much easier for scammers to take your money.... i only withdraw with my atm card my money

I don't think so.

I you think any transaction on your credit card is fraudulent, then contact your cc company right away. As far as I know you don't have to pay if it was fraudulent. 

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I opened a PayPal account in my home country in Europe (with a different email address). It is connected to my Thai VISA credit card.

Try to do the same from Thailand.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I only used it in the way that I pay bills with PayPal (Europe). And my Thai credit card is connected to that PayPal account. So in the moment when I buy something with my PayPal the money is charged to my Thai credit card.

I never tried it the other way around and I don't see a reason to do that.

I have a work permit and Non-B visa in Thailand. With that it is easy to open and bank account and get a credit card. 

so that is exactly opposite what i want to do....

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/29/2024 at 10:08 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

So did I. I use my PP account in Th. without problems

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Everyman said:

If they are in the U.S. have them send it to you with Zelle. It’s instant. 

In order to use Zelle®, the sender and recipient’s must have U.S bank accounts.

On 5/29/2024 at 9:47 AM, parafareno said:

if some person sends me money it takes too long with bank transfer....paypal was immediate.... mostly from people from usa

One can use Wise in the US to send the funds to your Bank/account in Thailand 

I  transfer with Wise  and  can take 2/3days from Australia to Thailand

From the US to Thailand is mostly 1 Day.

On 5/29/2024 at 10:52 AM, parafareno said:

If married to Thai your wife can get a card and you can get one linked to hers. I used to have SCB card linked to deposit. Never used either much. Just emergencies. If I need something on laz or shpee I just send her the link 🥳