US Passport Embassy Thailand

When I try to log into the US Embassy passport site, I have been getting this message for the last three days:

We’re sorry, this site is currently experiencing technical difficulties. 
Please try again in a few moments.
Exception: request blocked

I have tried both Chrome and Safari portals which give the same message. Anybody knows what's going on?

Posted (edited)

I just tried it using edge with and without my VPN and I got the same technical difficulties message too. Tried with Chrome and it opened with and without the VPN.

Edited by Tedly

15 hours ago, bbko said:

I don't have any problems with the site and I just checked it.  Are you using a VPN? Or maybe your Anti-virus software is preventing it, maybe disable it and try again.

https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/instructions-for-ds-82-processing-by-mail-and-online-fee-payment-for-u-s-citizens-residing-in-thailand/

Edit; used Chrome.

I just tried it.  Got the same message as bkko - with and without a VPM

15 hours ago, HerewardtheWake said:

When I try to log into the US Embassy passport site, I have been getting this message for the last three days:

I have tried both Chrome and Safari portals which give the same message. Anybody knows what's going on?

Hi, I tried the same thing 2 days ago and could get on, but today, Thursday 30 May, I had no problem.

Good Luck.  I have no suggest except from the wise words (not) of microsoft, restart your computer and try it first without engaging your VPN. (but this is just a punt. I don't know if it'll help).

19 hours ago, HerewardtheWake said:

We’re sorry, this site is currently experiencing technical difficulties. 
Please try again in a few moments.
Exception: request blocked

Well, the site is working fine.  I had a problem about a year ago accessing a government site in USA.  In my condo I have a choice of different internet providers.  When I accessed the Condo internet which I rarely use due to slow speed it worked fine.  Back to my fiber internet and still no good.  Called my internet provider and a guy came out and looked at it.  Everything worked fine except that one government site.  He said "oh yeah, I'll fix it back at office".  30 min later it was working.  I have no idea what he did.  so, try calling your internet provider if all else fails.