Thailand Visa Exemption (60 days) and Visa On Arrival (VOA) (15 days)

1 hour ago, SamJo88 said:

I'm planning to do a run to Oh Smach tomorrow so will update with what Visa they give me on a land crossing.

Tomorrow, well let me guess, you'll get the usual 30 days if you're from one of the countries that get those.

3 hours ago, SamJo88 said:

I'm planning to do a run to Oh Smach tomorrow so will update with what Visa they give me on a land crossing.

wont give ya any visa
They will give ya a free 30 day visa exempt entry ( if this is ur 1st or 2nd since Jan 1st)   visa exempt land crossing
Otherwise they wont let ya in at all

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Guys, we all heard about the mess up 60 days arrival visa. It should been effective from 1 july and i am watching out for anyone to come forward and say " i arrived yesterday and they stamped my passport 60 days" it is the 9th of july today. 

I appreciate anyone to join the forum and say " yes, I did". Thanks

• Like 1

On 7/7/2024 at 6:47 PM, khman said:

Babies can still be in overstay no problem right?

Children younger than 15 do not det fined.

• Like 1

Yep 30 day visa exempt and about 2000 baht for (helper) to smooth the process, also the Burriram office said the new 6 month DTV is still waiting for confirmation.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SamJo88 said:

Yep 30 day visa exempt and about 2000 baht for (helper) to smooth the process, also the Burriram office said the new 6 month DTV is still waiting for confirmation.

Just for clarity, as you went to the O'Smach border. Did those 2000 baht you paid to a helper include the visa on arrival for Cambodia?

On 7/7/2024 at 11:47 PM, khman said:

Ok, I see. I bought a cheap outbound flight within the 30 days, if they ask.

I pray in the next few days they allow 60 days on arrival... It would avoid going to local immigration and spend 8k for the family. Babies can still be in overstay no problem right?

Not going to happen in time for you.

You will get 30 days.  Can extend another 30 at Immigration.  Vost 1,900 baht. 

Very unwise to overstay. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Yep i'm guessing it probably should have only been 1500 but my helper filled out all the forms for me and took me to the right windows, as it was first time doing a land crossing money well spent for me, was all done in 10 minutes.

Just a note thai's can cross in and out for free and its helpful if you take your girlfriend/wife with you if you aren't fluent in thai yourself.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2024 at 3:40 AM, george said:

Visa Exemption (TR-60)

Nationals of the following 93 countries and territories are entitled to visa exemption for the purpose of tourism and short-term business engagements, for a period not exceeding 60 days.

Not having followed the news as much recently, is this limited in time, say for a year, or meant for a longer time?

Hopefully they get this sorted by 2030.

And perhaps a 30 day extension.

Since would mean, 90 days Da Nang, 90 days Jomtien, 90 days Nha Trang, 90 days Cha-am/Hua Hin. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Almost, since owing to only the 2x visa exempt per year, when the calendar mandates such, then a month in either Phnom Penh or Vientiane. 

1 hour ago, Seany25 said:

Starting Monday. It doesn't say anything about extensions yet. 

Why would it say anything about extensions as this has never been mentioned as changing. It will be 30 day extension allowed just as it was for 30 and 45 day visa exempts

Still can't believe they've kept the tourist visa at 60 days while giving free visa exempt also for 60 days. Makes the SETV obsolete unless you need more than 2 land crossings per calender year

Thai tourist visa average $40
so every thai embassy will loss lots of $$
30 day extension 1,900 baht
so immigration will lose lots of cash

Hotels, restaurants tour agents gain

11 hours ago, Seany25 said:

...Starting Monday. It doesn't say anything about extensions yet. 

Does anybody know where to access new issues of the Government Gazette on the worldwide web, aka as the Internet? George probably has his eyes preened for it.

I know it will be in Thai, but it would be a good start.

10 hours ago, TechnoBabble said:

As luck would have it, I'm flying into Thailand on the 15th July. It's a late afternoon entry, so fingers crossed they have updated their stamp by then 😀

Immigration's arrival stamps show the arrival date but not the time, but our posts on this forum show the time.

Let's make this a challenge to see who will be the first to post an arrival stamp under the anticipated new rules. (No entry in the book of world records guaranteed, I'm afraid)

On 7/12/2024 at 8:21 AM, Pattaya57 said:

Still can't believe they've kept the tourist visa at 60 days while giving free visa exempt also for 60 days. Makes the SETV obsolete unless you need more than 2 land crossings per calender year

Same. It almost becomes a way of advertising that you were worried you wouldn't be let in.

Of course we don't know the details of the extensions yet. Maybe they'll stay the same, or could it be that they will stop extending visa exempt entries (so the change is really that you get your extension automatically)?

Alternatively they could start giving longer extensions to SETV holders.

Either way, entering on an SETV would tell immigration that you were intending to extend.

Visa waiver extension affecting 93 nations to be signed Monday

SUNDAY, JULY 14, 2024

What next? Probably 
—  Publication in the Royal Gazette 
—  Simultaneously or later, publication of detailed rules and regulations for the implementation 

Wait and see.

• Thanks 2