British Man Arrested in Thailand for Posing as Tour Guide

webfact

On 5/31/2024 at 10:13 AM, Korat Kiwi said:

He's just a kid with good work skills and obviously found a niche market that wasn't being filled. 

Pity he didn't do it via correct channels. 

He's an opportunist that has taken little regard to the laws of employment for foreign nationals to make a lot of money. I hope they confiscate every penny, put him on a plane and ban him for 20 years.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 7:47 AM, transam said:

My friend's Thai wife has a British passport............:coffee1:

My ex wife has has a British passport since 2005. If asked, would she say she was British or Thai? We all know the answer. So why not classify the Pakistani as what he is? No reason to denigrate him for offering services that Thais ceratinly couldn't. His English language skills almost certainly better than most Thais (as are Myanmar and Vietnamese, and possibly Chinese). Still, he was "working" with proper papers so must be assumed as guilty until proved innocent or deported. Shame the Thais cannot offer quality and such honest service.

Edited by soi3eddie

There's been a few Youtube channels where by the host goes around a destination (including Thailand) and then charges followers to come along with the youtuber. Accomodation and everything included. Definately skirting the line on legality of being a tour guide. 

On 5/31/2024 at 4:35 AM, roo860 said:

Mr Jabran Ilahee, 25, was caught in the act.

Common surname in Pakistan, apparently. 

And the Mayor of London is Sadiq Khan, another common name for a British citizen.

Now, what's your point again?

• Haha 1