Buddhist teacher kills neighbour over grass cutting noise

snoop1130

11 minutes ago, billd766 said:

One compared to the much larger number of whiners, moaners and complainers.

And a select few who aren't blinded by lies, exaggerations and the usual bu**<deleted> and are realists who see things exactly how they are.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Yes, there are many fake Buddhists in Thailand, especially in big cities.

Deep in the Thailand province, there are many real Buddhists, including my brother-in-law and my Thai wife.

Well I live in the sticks for most of the year, and my experience is most Thai ladies go to the temples to

pray for lottery numbers and even buy lottery tickets on the grounds.

but, I'm sure some are real Buddhists. like the two monks I see the other day,  one in the drivers seat of a mini van and his monk mate buying lottery tickets. :jap:

Ps, But sure there are some good ones.

Edited by rocketboy2

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

Another one who's never been to the US and thinks youtube videos are all of what happens there.

to be fair if you get killed by your neighbor for making noise it's going to be by gun. Seems the obvious weapon of choice to me.

3 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

to be fair if you get killed by your neighbor for making noise it's going to be by gun. Seems the obvious weapon of choice to me.

Neighbors killing each other isn't high on the crime list there. Most gun violence is gang related and suicides. Seems like the world is competing against each other to see who's the craziest. Gun violence here mirrors the US besides mass shootings. Here, more use machetes and knives than most anywhere else.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

And a select few who aren't blinded by lies, exaggerations and the usual bu**<deleted> and are realists who see things exactly how they are.

I assume that you are speaking for yourself, and NOT for everybody else

That may be where YOU are, but that is not the whole of Thailand.

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I assume that you are speaking for yourself, and NOT for everybody else

That may be where YOU are, but that is not the whole of Thailand.

No, it's everywhere, according to the many who see it like I do, all over the country, and have been seeing it for decades. Reality is reality, and cannot be hidden by naivete.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

No, it's everywhere, according to the many who see it like I do, all over the country, and have been seeing it for decades. Reality is reality, and cannot be hidden by naivete.

According to many people. How many people see it like you? 1, 10. 50. 100. 500, 1,000.

Your figures are meaningless without confirmation

How many people is many people, and where is everywhere?

I could claim  that hundreds of thousands of people don't have any problems and I would ne correct, and also meaningless. but that is perhaps that they live in condos where they have no grass.

Even in condos, people have neighbours

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, billd766 said:

According to many people. How many people see it like you? 1, 10. 50. 100. 500, 1,000.

Your figures are meaningless without confirmation

How many people is many people, and where is everywhere?

I could claim  that hundreds of thousands of people don't have any problems and I would ne correct, and also meaningless. but that is perhaps that they live in condos where they have no grass.

Even in condos, people have neighbours

Look in this forum, and all other forums about here. Multiply that by 1000 and you might be somewhere near the amount of people who see this as it really is, why so many leave, including locals. If you haven't heard, you haven't been listening. Every country has good and bad, including this one.

There are reasons people dislike certain places after they've lived in them, and you can see this in those forums, by word of mouth, international news, and statistics on crime. Some love a place where others can't stay. This is because they are content being bored, or, they like the beaches, which this country has many of, and they are nice, as most other beaches worldwide are. Some stay inside because they can't stand the heat, or rain, and are content to pass the hours away watching series on TV, or getting blasted in a bar with other men and some good looking bar girls.

You can read all about the crime here, and it's just a pinprick of what actually happens daily here. Like all countries, including where I'm from, you can go a lifetime and never see violence personally, and the next day you could be a victim of it. People kill each other here for nothing, as little as 20 baht will push them over the edge, and you see people ganging up 5 against 1 all the time. This isn't something you see back in the US, except by gang members. I just feel safer back home.

Many talk trash about the US, thinking it's inundated with gun violence all over , daily. It does happen of course, but after living there my first 62 years, selling guns, and being in touch daily with many law officers, I never saw any of it myself. Here, its obvious no one really cares to enforce the laws already on the books, because an average of 60 people die daily on the roads, about the most unsafe worldwide. I see near misses everyday, and a few accidents, but luckily haven't been involved in anything besides a couple fender benders. back home I saw the same things. The difference is they are much better drivers back home, because the testing is a lot harder, and if you break the driving laws, you will pay, every time you are caught.

All the confirmation I need, is actually watching the daily news, along with world news daily. I'm a good observer, and what I see is what I've heard about before I moved here, and that has been proven while I've stayed here. It's a beautiful country with many beautiful things, but it's missing so much more, and anyone who opens their eyes and listens can see this for themselves. It's not a good place for females, and that's one of the main reasons I will move back home. My daughter will have a better schooling and job prospects for her future, and I will be back where I feel comfortable and safe. Hopefully people who have some pull will change things here for those that like it here, but I don't see that coming for a long time.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I've come to expect nothing more now, bad headlines, A1 pictures, is there no first language  English speakers on this sight ? 

Yes, there "are".

9 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

In the past week in the land of smiles, among other incidents we've had the son of a family known to us attacked by a neighbour because smoke from stuff he was burning blew into the neighbour's garden, a teacher of Buddhism killing because of noise from cutting the grass, and another killed because he wouldn't give the killer 20 baht.

Just saying. Absolutely anything can get you killed here.

But luckily they were not Brits!

😂😂😂