Would you buy a Farang Home?

18 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

They're selling detached houses too though. I assume they're facilitating the purchase also.

Ok, but he generalised, so difficult to say. NO you cannot buy land or houses but can buy condos - simple why is he confused?

2 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

OK well I guess I got my answer. Targeting foreigners to purchase homes via a 30 year lease seems like a viable business. Retired people will be dead before then anyways so who cares and if the lease permits you can sell to another Thai, which makes it a viable investment for people of any age. If this is true I think the "foreigners can't buy homes" in Thailand narrative is greatly over stated. 

You do realize you are contradicting yourself.

As pointed out, can buy condos only.   And I doubt many Thais are dumb enough to sign a 30 yr lease on house, when they can simply buy.

Wouldn't sign  30 yr lease for anywhere.  TH is the only place I ever stayed at one locations for more than 3 years.

5 hours ago, KhunLA said:

You do realize you are contradicting yourself.

As pointed out, can buy condos only.   And I doubt many Thais are dumb enough to sign a 30 yr lease on house, when they can simply buy.

Wouldn't sign  30 yr lease for anywhere.  TH is the only place I ever stayed at one locations for more than 3 years.

30 years is effective ownership if you're retired but I wonder if there's some way to transfer them. Otherwise the market for them would be limited. You know Thai people want to see houses to farang at inflated prices so there may be some way otherwise they wouldn't have all this public marketing.