New IPad Pro

jas007

It was time for a new IPad Pro, so I picked one up the other day.  11” base model. M4 chip and 256 GB of storage, which is more than enough for me, I think.  Anyway, it gets two thumbs up. The display is fantastic. You can also get a keyboard, if you need one of those, although the Apple key isn’t cheap.  Around $300 US. 

• Like 1

It's a great tablet but just too pricey for me . I ended up with the 12.1 inch Honor Pad 9 on sale at Banana for 9500 baht. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Furioso said:

It's a great tablet but just too pricey for me . I ended up with the 12.1 inch Honor Pad 9 on sale at Banana for 9500 baht. 

There are iPads available from ฿13,900 and 12.9” from ฿29,900.  However the price of the tablet is less important that the OS you are used to and the SW that you use and own.

For me any priced Android tablet is too expensive however cheap in Baht it maybe. Your choice is your choice and needs no justification.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Middle Aged Grouch said:

The iPad pros are far better and fun to have then the 2024 MacBook Pro that does not have the touch bar and the design of the 1TB seems a bit thick.

A month ago I bought a Macbook Air M3 2024 and that's the best laptop I've ever had. My old 2010/2020 MacBook Air suddenly didn't want to charge, so I upgraded.

IMO much better than iPad Pro.

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, george said:

A month ago I bought a Macbook Air M3 2024 and that's the best laptop I've ever had. My old 2010/2020 MacBook Air suddenly didn't want to charge, so I upgraded.

For sure, the new M-4 IPad Pros are still not as good as the new M3 MacBook Air, but that’s more a function of the software than anything.  I now have both, just in case. We’ll have to see what Mac OS 18 brings. Supposedly, the new M4 chip is designed for better AI performance.

On a day to day basis, I find myself using the IPad Pro. Smaller, lighter, and easier to use.  I still have a laptop simply because I’d feel bad without one. I bough my first computer in the early 80s and have had one ever since. I’d feel deprived without at least having a laptop with a computer OS.

6 hours ago, jas007 said:

For sure, the new M-4 IPad Pros are still not as good as the new M3 MacBook Air, but that’s more a function of the software than anything.

It is rather a function of what you want to do.

So for some people you are correct, for others the iPad Pro is the better machine.

Personally I prefer the iPad over any Mac, and while I have several Mac’s including an M2, my use is about 99% iPad Pro and under 1% Mac. There is only 1 piece of SW that requires a Mac that can virtualise windows and that is occasional use.

in short the new iPad Pro is far better than any Mac (personal opinion)

On 6/1/2024 at 11:50 AM, george said:

Snap, bought the same after my old one wouldn't"t charge having tipped hot, sweet coffee all over the keyboard...why are they not coffee proof?.....555

I just looked at the new iPad Pro, and the screen is stunning.  I'm deciding if it's worth the money to upgrade from my 2018 iPad Pro.