Marriage Visa Renewal with vfsevisa

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone. 

Last time I went to immigration, I saw a notice that said now it's possible to submit the marriage-visa (NON-O) renewal online here: https://thaiextension.vfsevisa.com/document-information

1. Has anyone done this before? How was your experience?

2. It seems some documents we used to submit before like bank statements are not there. Are we supposed to show it at the time of getting the stamp?

Edited by kakopappa

To the best of my knowledge only Thai immigration offices can issue a 1 year marriage extension.

I have done 15 marriage extensions at a immigration office and the list of requirements is long.

You need your bank book updated on the day of application showing the 400,000 baht in the account or a bank statement showing 12 monthly deposits over 40,000 baht each if using the income method.

I have never heard of anyone getting a marriage extension at VFS.

27 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

To the best of my knowledge only Thai immigration offices can issue a 1 year marriage extension.

I have done 15 marriage extensions at a immigration office and the list of requirements is long.

You need your bank book updated on the day of application showing the 400,000 baht in the account or a bank statement showing 12 monthly deposits over 40,000 baht each if using the income method.

I have never heard of anyone getting a marriage extension at VFS.

If you use the income method when you first apply, is it OK to have transferred your pension to Thailand and show your bank statements from NZ showing regular payment of pension, and a letter from NZ pension showing that pension is now paid to your Thai account and is over 400 k Thai Bhat? This is for the non 0 marriage 12 months multiple entry 

8 hours ago, kakopappa said:

Hi everyone. 

Last time I went to immigration, I saw a notice that said now it's possible to submit the marriage-visa (NON-O) renewal online here: https://thaiextension.vfsevisa.com/document-information

1. Has anyone done this before? How was your experience?

2. It seems some documents we used to submit before like bank statements are not there. Are we supposed to show it at the time of getting the stamp?

I have used this service to extend tourist visa entries.  In both cases VFS came back to me asking for additional information over and above what they list on the website.  Chances are high that the same would happen with all the normal extra things asked for a marriage extension.

Once pre-approved you then go to immigration where all the documents are checked again.  Didn't have any issues there but a marriage extension is more involved but theoretically it's pre-approved so ought to be OK.  The advantages are the pre-approval, confirmed appointment time and, at least at CW, you attend a quieter, less frenetic area on the 3rd floor away from the hordes below.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

Posted (edited)

What I O are you using ?  Anyway a NON O marriage 'visa' is not on your link. Is your wife Thai?,  I presume you mean Marriage EXTENTION am I correct ?

Edited by brianthainess

Posted (edited)

I

13 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

What I O are you using ?  Anyway a NON O marriage 'visa' is not on your link. Is your wife Thai?,  I presume you mean Marriage EXTENTION am I correct ?

I already have marriage visa (Thai wife). I need to extend it by one more year (Extension)

Following category 

2.24 Visiting a spouse or children who are of Thai nationality (Exemption visa type), (TR 60 days) and (Non-Immigrant)

Edited by kakopappa

1 minute ago, kakopappa said:

I

I already have marriage visa. I need to extend it by one more year (Extension)

So you do not have a marriage VISA you have an EXTENSISION.

I will Ask again What IMMIGATION OFFICE will you use. This is basic information 'rules' on AN. You can not use an Agent if you did it would just be a hand holding exercise.

Posted (edited)

Always goto Nonthaburi Immigration Office to get it extended for a year by myself. I have done this couple of years now. Never used the VFS services before and it seems convenient.

Edited by kakopappa

8 minutes ago, kakopappa said:

Always goto Nonthaburi Immigration Office to get it extended for a year by myself. I have done this couple of years now. Never used the VFS services before and it seems convenient.

As I already said a Marriage Extension is NOT on the link you provided from VFS. 

I doubt you do it by yourself, your wife must be present surely ? which is why you can NOT use an agent, and if you do as I said it would be just a hand holding exercise.

• Confused 1

I looked at it, but it seems not to be for our annual non-O extensions based on marriage or retirement, we still have to visit the local immigration office.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, kakopappa said:

I already have marriage visa (Thai wife). I need to extend it by one more year (Extension)

There is no such visa type.

You originally had a Non Immigrant O visa (expired) which granted a period of stay of 90 days.

Each year you then apply to extend that period of stay for 365 days, a permit, not a visa.

The service offered by the vfs is no more than a document checking service, and their list of documentation appears incomplete for an extension of stay based on Thai spouse.
You still have to visit your local Immigration office for the extension stamp.

Edited by Liquorice

12 hours ago, brianthainess said:

As I already said a Marriage Extension is NOT on the link you provided from VFS. 

Yes it is.

Section 2.24 is for a 1-year extension based on Thai spouse/family.

9 hours ago, Liquorice said:

Yes it is.

Section 2.24 is for a 1-year extension based on Thai spouse/family.

No it is for 60days to Visit Wife.  read it again. no where does it mention a 1-year extension. 

I would also like to point out that putting the immigration police shield in the top right corner is extremely misleading as they have naff all to do with the Imm. police.

IMG_20240604_085505-Copy.thumb.jpg.6992e55dc3f0465b73774d791254f0d1.jpg

5 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

No it is for 60days to Visit Wife.  read it again. no where does it mention a 1-year extension. 

Having read it again, I'll stand corrected, it is only for a 60 day extension.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, kakopappa said:

Following category 

2.24 Visiting a spouse or children who are of Thai nationality (Exemption visa type), (TR 60 days) and (Non-Immigrant)

As @brianthainess points out, section 2.24 is only for an application to extend your stay for 60 days to visit Thai spouse.

1 year extension applications based on Thai spouse are covered by section 2.18 of Immigration orders, which aren't listed by the VFS.

1 minute ago, Liquorice said:

As @brianthainess points out, section 2.24 is only for an application to extend your stay for 60 days to visit Thai spouse.

1 year extension applications based on Thai spouse are covered by section 2.18 of Immigration orders, which aren't listed by the VFS.

That's probably 'coz VFS can't  do it. :post-4641-1156694572:

• Haha 1