Pregnant Husky Scalded with Hot Water by Owner, Sparks Outrage

webfact

11 hours ago, still kicking said:

My family member has 2 cats in a cage all day long and when they are taking out of the cage ones a day they are on a leash disgusting what Thai people do to animals 

Only slightly off the topic. Animal cruelty does not just happen in Thailand.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cp33z8z12kyo

A woman who kept 191 dogs in "pitiful" conditions in Devon has been jailed.
Diana Curtis, 66, of Peters Marland, had kept the dogs in crates and cages in a remote field near Chittlehamholt and in kennels near Chulmleigh Cross, Exeter Crown Court heard.
Curtis had previously pleaded guilty to seven counts of causing unnecessary suffering to animals.
She was jailed for 25 months and handed a lifetime ban from owning animals.

There is more information in the link.

Actually any dog can live just about anywhere with enough food and water.,  I've has OES from N. California to

Savannah, Ga              keep the hair short   the dog clean          and feed and water                   Of course it's important that you love dogs 

• Love It 1

OMG that poor dog screaming in pain, this video brought tears to my eyes.  To the person who did this to pay back her boy friend, she defies logic and I know you will cop your Karma tenfold bitch.  I can never unsee or unhear this cruelty.

• Sad 2

On 6/6/2024 at 6:48 AM, snoop1130 said:

Animal Rights Group in Thailand Files Police Complaint Against Siberian Husky Owner

Title.jpg

A Siberian Husky owner is in trouble after a video of them abusing the animal emerged online. The video showed the owner pouring hot water on the dog, called Lek, as punishment for eating treats without authorization. Following the circulation of the video, Watchdog Thailand reported the case to the police for animal cruelty.

Lek, who was expecting puppies at the time of the incident, was noticeably in extreme pain in the video. Fortunately, a new owner, residing in Nakhon Ratchasima province, noticed the dog's burns and rushed her to the vet. Her puppies, the vet confirmed, were uninjured.

An accusation has been officially filed against the former owner by Watchdog Thailand’s Rattiya Thiewtrakul. As per the Prevention and Welfare of Animals Act, anyone found guilty of animal cruelty can be sentenced to a maximum of two years in prison, in addition to a fine of 40,000 baht.

Rattiya explained that well-wishers had provided additional information that confirmed the former owner's identity. She encouraged individuals interested in owning a Siberian Husky to first understand the breed’s strong-willed nature.

According to Kitiwat Piyawatnakul, a dog rescuer, a personal dispute allegedly prompted the incident. The former owner poured hot water on Lek while filming, reportedly intending to enrage their boyfriend. Since the intended reaction didn't follow, the video was then sent to a friend.

Meanwhile, the former owner has issued an apology, asserting that they were ‘out of their mind’ due to stress during the ill-fated act. They, however, refuted any prior knowledge of Lek’s pregnancy.

The case is now being investigated by the police.

File photo for reference only

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-06-06

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

instead of a "fine", add 8 more years to her sentence...

• Agree 1

I saw this on a Thai Facebook page and I'm simply livid.  Saw the pictures - can't watch the video.  That's just horrific. 

"The police have been notified blah blah blah."  Nothing will happen other than this will be memory-holed and the guy who did this slapped across the hands with wet bamii noodles if anything at all.  We'll never know.

On 6/6/2024 at 5:48 PM, snoop1130 said:

The video showed the owner pouring hot water on the dog, called Lek, as punishment for eating treats without authorization.

Here is another issue that I personally see with my Thai wife and it's something I really have a problem with: 
Anthropomorphism: Attribution of human motivation, characteristics, or behavior to animals, or inanimate objects.

I've heard this over the years wayyyyy too much:  "<enter pet's name> is just like human."  or "<enter pet's name> understand just like person." or <enter pet's name> understand what I say."  I freaking cringe every time she says that.  There is nothing human about our numerous pets which includes of menagerie of dogs, cats, and birds.  They are animals and they function on instinct and a very low intelligence.

My guess is that Anthropomorphizing pets is common with Thais.  So this person probably was thinking like this:  "Husky is just like human. She steal my snacks on purpose.  I show bad dog who think like person and steal my snacks!!!" <pours boiling water on dog>

I hope this vile excuse for a human doesn't have children.  We hear horror stories of people doing thing like this to their children as well, but they usually don't take videos and share it on social media because pouring boiling water on a child would get you tossed into prison for sure.  Pouring boiling water on a dog?  A hand slap.  This is pathetic. 

Has anyone been to a Thai abattoir or seen how they butcher pigs in the villages and all the other animal abuse here? This outrage is justified, but what about all the other animal mistreatment, fighting cocks, millions of starving soi dogs and cats etc. Just hypocrisy really as most don't really care about animal welfare. Husky's, we had a neighbour with a St Bernard, it did not last long.

On 6/7/2024 at 6:25 AM, hotchilli said:

Watch the video and listen to the dog.

No - can't watch the video.  I saw the pictures and that was enough.  I can just imagine the video and that's revolting.  I posted something to Facebook when I saw the pictures, just an immediate, visceral reaction - Facebook took my comments it down.  That's a first for me.  I've never had anything taken down.  I said I'd like to break that person's hands for doing that.  It was a metaphorical statement: I don't know the person and in reality I don't have that level of violence in me.  I've never hurt anyone for the sake of hurting them.  Breaking someone's hands, pouring boiling water on them - that's not something I could do to animal or human.  But in my mind: "The person deserves to have their hands broken for doing that." That's the little devil sitting on my shoulder. That's the immediate reaction those pictures exerted on me. The loathsomeness of that thought surprises me.  That's not normal thinking for me.  But what the person did to that Husky?  That's not normal by any mean.  The owner acted with intention to do harm.  And I'm shocked at my own reaction.
Like most people I'm simply abhorred at that act of cruelty.  And I'm abhorred that the owner isn't in prison.  The authorities came down on the side of the human, gave her a hand-slap, and ignored the fact that the Husky suffered terrible burns for no reason other than - "it ate her snacks?"  -  Lord...whatever.  I find the entire affair repulsive. 

So what's left?  Karma.  I gotta shelve this.  It hurts to contemplate. As a Buddhist, I really need to take a hard look at my own reaction.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, proton said:

Has anyone been to a Thai abattoir or seen how they butcher pigs in the villages and all the other animal abuse here? This outrage is justified, but what about all the other animal mistreatment, fighting cocks, millions of starving soi dogs and cats etc. Just hypocrisy really as most don't really care about animal welfare. Husky's, we had a neighbour with a St Bernard, it did not last long.

Cock fights - legal.
Betting on cock fights - prison.

It boggles the mind.