Do you type Thai on your keyboard?

I don't type Thai, for now. 

However, I'm buying a Logitech MX Keys S. There are 2 models, one Eng/Thai and the other Eng only.

Are there advantages(or disadvantages) to the Eng/Thai besides the 500 baht diff + ability to type two languages?

The MX Keys S looks like a great keyboard, don't know about the mini version though. 

21 hours ago, Furioso said:

I don't type Thai, for now. 

However, I'm buying a Logitech MX Keys S. There are 2 models, one Eng/Thai and the other Eng only.

Are there advantages(or disadvantages) to the Eng/Thai besides the 500 baht diff + ability to type two languages?

The MX Keys S looks like a great keyboard, don't know about the mini version though. 

Since you don't type Thai, and if a Thai person isn't regularly using your computer, then you're much better off with an English-only keyboard. Extra Thai characters clutter up the keys, esp. dual function keys based on SHIFT, and it's worse with backlighting.

For occasional Thai typing, it's easy to plug in a cheap Thai keyboard. The Windows virtual touch keyboard can be used for pecking out Thai (or of course English) with a mouse. Otherwise, good ol' copying and pasting is your friend.

Posted (edited)

The difference is only the print on the keyboard caps.

You could type Thai on an "English" keyboard "blindly" (a bit of a challenge :biggrin:).

A keyboard is fairly dumb piece of HW consisting of a matrix (rows/columns).

Simplified: I tells the keyboard driver which row/column crossing point has been "hit" by a key. What happens from there is all SW/setup.

And as others said, if you do not intend to type Thai or very occasionally opt for an English print only.
For occasional typing in Thai with Windows you can use the on screen keyboard.

Of course you need to install/setup Windows for Thai language keyboard layout first.

I have three different languages setup which I can change between.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Posted (edited)

I just placed an order for my MX Keys on shoppee 

22 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

As far as I know you can't buy EN only keyboards officially in Thailand.

I guess that matters for warranty, etc. - just in case you care.

I just placed an order for MX Keys on shoppee, they had option for ENG or THAI/ENG.

Edited by Furioso
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Furioso said:

I just placed an order for my MX Keys on shoppee 

I just placed an order for MX Keys on shoppee, they had option for ENG or THAI/ENG.

OK, now please don't be coy and keep us in suspense any longer: did you choose ENG or THAI/ENG?

Looks like a good keyboard, BTW. Probably durable, being Logitech. "A good keyboard should be tough enough to beat a man to death with. And then used to write his epitaph afterward."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

OK, now please don't be coy and keep us in suspense any longer: did you choose ENG or THAI/ENG?

Looks like a good keyboard, BTW. Probably durable, being Logitech. "A good keyboard should be tough enough to beat a man to death with. And then used to write his epitaph afterward."

I chose the ENG only version for 3,400 baht. The reviews I've watched state it's got excellent build quality, wireless & Bluetooth connectivity, nice backlight, great companion app, smooth keys, etc. 

Note: I had the opportunity to buy the mini version of this keyboard but chose the larger version instead. 

6 hours ago, BigStar said:

The MX keyboards are great. I have the MX Mechanical Mini.... in ENG !

• Thumbs Up 1

I use a dual language and sometimes find the Thai useful for searching.

However ,  an easy work around is to use Google translate then copy and paste.

Yes.  I type English and Thai and I use a cheapo Logitech keyboard with both English and Thai characters on the keys.
If you have no plans to type Thai, then why bother.