I got a new Passport and tranfered my Visa, do I need to do anything more? (US)

Hello all, first timer American on a longterm visa. 

I have a yearly condo rental and I recently got a new passport from within Thailand.

I got conflicting info, so I left the country and transferred my visa over to my new passport at BKK airport upon return.

Do I need to go to immigration to inform them of my new passport number to the address?

Are there any more steps that I need to take? I'm having trouble finding info on it.

Thank you in advanced.

Edited by Travello01

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Your OP is confusing.

What long term visa? 

Where was it issued.

You obtained the new pp in Thailand and the exited and reentered.

Don't know why you did that.

I have the Elite Visa.

This is the first time I've gotten a new passport on the same visa.

My condos rental and notification of stay is associated with the old passport.

I was wondering if I had to go to immigration to update it, or if I only have to do that during the 90 day reporting?

I left the country because I've been here for 2.5 years and simply wanted to travel a little bit and this all got confusing and it mostly reset all of my obligations except for this (which I am unsure of).

Sorry for the confusion, I was a bit exhausted. Thank you for taking the time.

Edited by Travello01

23 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Ok, thank you. So if the TM30 is linked to my new passport on the day that it is received, then I'm guessing that I only have to go to update it during my next visit for 90 day reporting for the 1st time on the new passport.

• Confused 1

You don't really need to do anything else Until you visit your bank or immigration next.

Make sure to take Photos of your new PP for your phone. 

Edited by brianthainess
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks everyone. Sorry, I'm completely fried mentally after a hectic trip walking around in 35C+ all day.

I realized how delirious I was after getting a good nights sleep. I appreciate all of the help, I definitely needed it.

I have to go to immigration for my first 90 day check in on a new passport regardless. So I'll update you on what I learn.

*Thanks to the mods for cleaning up my mess(es).

Edited by Travello01

Take also your old passport with you when you go to immigration. They will want to put some notes in your new passport about information in your old passport.

You should update your Thai driving licence, if you have one, but Ubon office told me not to bother until i renew it !

Your Thai bank will want to update their info to the new number.

immigration of course.

If you are registered at a local hospital they will probably want the new number, to match their records if you ever have to go to hospital. They will look up your medical file by number, not name, as I found out.

Basically any place where you have had to produce your passport as ID