Public encouraged to stay vigilant as COVID infections rises

snoop1130

Two posts with unsourced and unsubstantiated claims, along with trolling comments, have been removed. Also an off-topic diversion post.

Note the forum's rule:

"In factual areas such as news forums and current affairs topics member content that is claimed or portrayed as a fact should be supported by a link to a relevant reputable source."

1 minute ago, connda said:

The problem being is that the marketing departments of large multinational pharmaceutical corporations, grant seeking education institutions, and the main-stream media still have an economic incentive to keep "The Zombie Apacalype" narrative alive. There is still money to be made!
Virology 101:  virus pathogens become less virulent (less likely to make you really sick or kill you) as they become more contagious (everyone eventually gets the virus leading to herd immunity).  And by now most of the 8 billion people on the planet have antibodies, including latent B memory cells.
The same people who profited immensely off of creating irrational levels of fear within the population also profit by being natural immunity deniers and denying efficacy of B memory cells, instead convincing members of the public that they will die for sure unless they keep Covid antibodies in their blood stream forever with Covid shots.  There is no profit, no selling 3000 THB Covid shots if people understand that their immune system once exposed to Covid can now handle these weakened "variants."  If exposed to a variant, your B memory cells wake up, flood your system with antibodies, and mount an immune attack - most people now come down with a cold or mild flu.

This has become really tiresome and unnecessary.  Constantly publishing the numbers of Covid cases and "Covid-deathsTM" and listing all of the scary new variants.  👻 "Boo!" 
Yeah Covid was a "novel virus" and probably made that way, yeah it was pretty nasty in late 2019 though early 2021 and it had the potential to kill of the elderly and others with weakened immune system - but it has evolved.  Most people can fight these new variants off with immune systems now wired to do just that.  Covid can join the ranks of other annual respiratory viral infection.  Let's give the hyperbole a rest.

There was no Covid in 2019.

The first news of this came out on January 1, 2020, referring to what was claimed to be a "novel coronavirus" first "detected" on December 31, 2019.

The first country to do surveillance and impose restrictions (although very minor and involving no more than form filling) other than China was Thailand and this occurred on January 3, 2020 on flights arriving from Wuhan.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Very true. The mortality rate is super low. One would appear to have to be very susceptible, to croak from this weak variant. 

I let it go a couple of years ago. So has most of the world. It actually looks strange when you see someone with a mask these days. How refreshing is that? 

This has turned out to not be the Zombie Apocalypse. 

Would be interesting to see a comparison with flu deaths. During the pandemic, didn't covid cure deaths from flu? At least the number of flu deaths disappeared for a couple of years.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Highlandman said:

There was no Covid in 2019.

This is info that even the mainstream media was acknowledging back in 2021.

"While the first case of Covid-19 was officially identified in December 2019, they found it is likely that SARS-CoV-2 had spilled over into humans much earlier. Their analysis suggests that China had its first case of the respiratory disease back in early October or November 2019 before it spread globally by January 2020."
https://www.forbes.com/sites/anuradhavaranasi/2021/06/24/when-exactly-did-the-first-covid-19-case-emerge-in-china/

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The number of COVID-19 patients being admitted to hospitals in Thailand has risen to 2,762 between June 2 and 8, or an average of 395 patients daily. This figure is an increase from the previous week, which saw 1,863 cases, as reported by the COVID-19 Information Centre.

Here we go again, paranoia, and as I have stated on several previous occasions "out of a total population of almost 72 million Thai people"  (2023 Google)!

Thailand - The Hub of Covid?

Here in Cambodia, as at April 12th 2024, just 3 active cases. There have been no deaths from Covid since April 17th 2022

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/cambodia/

No further comment from me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Here we go again, paranoia, and as I have stated on several previous occasions "out of a total population of almost 72 million Thai people"  (2023 Google)!

Thailand - The Hub of Covid?

Here in Cambodia, as at April 12th 2024, just 3 active cases. There have been no deaths from Covid since April 17th 2022

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/cambodia/

No further comment from me.

Then, think yourself lucky nobody goes there...........:intheclub:

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

A post with unsourced, unsubstantiated and discredited claims has been removed, per the forum's rules:

"5. You will not use ASEAN NOW to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. Topics or posts deemed to be scaremongering, deliberately misleading or which deliberately distort information will be removed. In factual areas such as news forums and current affairs topics member content that is claimed or portrayed as a fact should be supported by a link to a relevant reputable source."

7 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

It's very good that Thailand is still reporting very low COVID death numbers, though also worth mentioning that this latest weekly report included two COVID deaths in the 50-59 age range, and other recent weekly death reports have listed people from even younger age groups.

The latest weekly report also listed 663 people hospitalized in serious condition with COVID, and 286 requiring ventilation in order to breathe -- both close to year-high numbers for 2024.

In my book, anyone dismissing those kinds of impacts has long missed the boat.  No one should want to be hospitalized in serious condition or have to be relying on a ventilator to breathe -- especially when many of those cases could have been avoided/prevented.

202406-02to202406-08.jpg.c39d9dadaca463a0489a9ce158f12c27.jpg

Also regarding COVID deaths in Thailand, there's been no clear trend over time. The weekly COVID death numbers bounce around a lot.

A few weeks ago, the weekly official COVID numbers were 12, 11 and 16... A few weeks before that, they were 3, 4 and 3.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/?dashboard=main

So for around 70,000,000 people here in Thailand dying from (not with) covid19 of the Omicron variety should not be of any great concern.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, dinsdale said:

Interestingly the actual science behind mask wearing and social distancing has never been independently verified. If it has it hasn't made it's way to the public. By independent I do not mean the CDC, the WHO, Government bureaucrats, the legacy media or any organisation beholden to big pharma. Boosters are being advised for the immunocompromised and those with other severe comorbidities.  I'm not sure if your common sense is a) common or b) sensible but it is your choice.

Not again.................:saai:

• Confused 4
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Also excluding from your acceptables list: Any organization whose name begins with any letter between A and Z. And any person or organization that hasn't been found to have spread COVID misinformation during the pandemic...

COVID misinformation? You mean like Fauchi.

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, transam said:

Like you.......Anti-vax-masker............🤔

I've said many times I'm not an anti-vaxxer and it's only the demonising narrative against those who didn't want to take an experimental mRNA vaccine that all these people were (and quite obviously still are) labelled anti-vaxers. Believe and follow the narrative otherwise you are a conspiracy theorist and an anti-vaxxer. The proverb goes "There are none so blind as those who will not see." The truth is now starting to come out. 

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Ah! How do you know you haven't had Covid? You do realize I hope that some people who get infected have zero symptoms or symptoms that are so mild it goes unnoticed. It's called an asymptomatic infection. Unless you've had a blood test for anti-bodies you cannot know for certain that you haven't had a past infection.

Both of us don't know if we've had Covid...........😂

Go away............:coffee1:

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

Both of us don't know if we've had Covid...........😂

Go away............:coffee1:

4 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

So far, I and Mrs.T have not had Covid

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

"Both of us don't know if we've had Covid", means, one of us would have known, a 🤣, get it........:saai:

I suggest you look up asymptomatic covid infection. It seems my above explanation wasn't clear enough but in the most simplest of terms you can be infected and not know that you're infected. It would be close to 100% infection rate in Thailand. Maybe you haven't had it but the point is without a blood test you can't be certain. I have no idea how many times I've had it. Two for sure but very possibly more. Sniffle here, bit of a sore throat there, a cough, a splitting headache, a few aches and pains etc. Don't take much notice as it's all pretty mild. Covid? Maybe, maybe not. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1