"Wai" Recognised as Part of Thai National Identity

webfact

6 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

nice part of Thai culture but of course will be bagged on this forum by the usual muppets that can not bring themselves to say anything positive about Thailand.

get out while you can..i doesnt get any better!

8 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

I prefer it than shaking someone’s dirty hand, and find it more comfortable when greeting females that often try to hug and kiss me in the UK.

nice part of Thai culture but of course will be bagged on this forum by the usual muppets that can not bring themselves to say anything positive about Thailand.

The worse muppets are the muppets who call others muppets  for expressing their opinions  on a country that  sorry  is not perfect, in fact has major problems. Si  from one muppet, to another muppet.... grow up.

Thai  recognised the "wai" gesture as a key part of national identity furthermore the expression "Wai" save Thailand from coronavirus.

THAILAND DISPATCH
No One Knows What Thailand Is Doing Right, but So Far, It’s Working
Can the country’s low rate of coronavirus infections be attributed to culture? Genetics? Face masks? Or a combination of all three?

Source:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/16/world/asia/coronavirus-thailand-photos.html

I like using the wai since I do not have to physically touch someone who could be contagious with

a cold or something worse.  Just call me cautious. I also wear a mask to keep the air pollution out of my lungs

on a bad air day in Bangkok.

9 minutes ago, Stargeezr said:

I like using the wai since I do not have to physically touch someone who could be contagious with

a cold or something worse.  Just call me cautious. I also wear a mask to keep the air pollution out of my lungs

on a bad air day in Bangkok.

hi cautious

Next on the agenda of intangible cultural woo: smiles (as in "Land of Smiles")

In my experience, however, there are as many types of smiles in Thailand as there are eskimo words for snow.... my fave is the one that sends message "If you don't stop this line of insane Western whatever, I am going to run amuk and chop you up"

• Agree 1