Western Liberals: How Do You Justify Your Stay in Thailand?

Just now, charleskerins said:

What's your excuse?   This is too easy but quite therapeutic .

What's with the awful English? Getting drunk and ranting online isn't much of an existence.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Please up the insult game or I'm going back to Breitbart to taunt funnier mouth-breathers.

American Spectator is another goodie to have paleo-conservitives blindly swinging punches into thin air.

• Like 1

Just now, susanlea said:

What's with the awful English? Getting drunk and ranting online isn't much of an existence.

alcoholic nut  wasn't my awful English         Existence is meaningless the wise person realizes the absurdity of it and does the best they can regardless.             The ranting of right wingers and their defiant refusal to accept facts amuses me (for a while)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Prubangboy said:

Please up the insult game or I'm going back to Breitbart to taunt funnier mouth-breathers.

American Spectator is another goodie to have paleo-conservitives blindly swinging punches into thin air.

Do you think they realize they are being taunted?

alcoholic nut  wasn't my awful English         Existence is meaningless the wise person realizes the absurdity of it and does the best they can regardless.             The ranting of right wingers and their defiant refusal to accept facts amuses me (for a while)

You clearly have a drinking problem and actually should seek help.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Is the help in a cold bottle?

People like you are common in Thailand. Badly depressed so they turn to drink. They don't live long lives nor happy ones. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, novacova said:

The irony of a western leftist hooking up a right wing religious Thai has always been a bit peculiar from this perspective. Personally it’s obvious that the western left just hates their own kind if they don’t follow suit.

Sex addicts.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

Another well articulated response                 I see you did get a tag team partner    get a better one.

alcoholic nut

Have you considered going back to high school for your GED?

It may or may NOT help with your condition .

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Have you considered going back to high school for your GED?

It may or may NOT help with your condition .

If he represents the average American then I can see why their country is so messed up.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, susanlea said:

If he represents the average American then I can see why their country is so messed up.

He isn’t the average by any means. 

Well below in so many ways.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, susanlea said:

Rooted out another non - American it's messed up because we have too many dumba$$  Rightwingers 

Pass the beer nuts Monty.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, G_Money said:

He isn’t the average by any means. 

Well below in so many ways.

He isn’t the average by any means.  Thank You !!!

You're one for two   ,why is it right wingers engage in childish insults when presented with facts?  Because they don't have facts on their side. As for the GED comment  , i will wager my education level surpasses yours by two levels.  

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, BobBKK said:

He's a rich, arrogant, bully millionaire liberal with a foul mouth. He should stick to acting like all his Hollywood woke genre. 

As opposed to the arrogant, bully Billionaire Fascist with a foul mouth, he should stick to bankrupting businesses and try not to grab em by the pussy.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

You're one for two   ,why is it right wingers engage in childish insults when presented with facts?  Because they don't have facts on their side. As for the GED comment  , i will wager my education level surpasses yours by two levels.  

Tnank you for confirming the content of my post.  

You’re making this easy.  Keep up the good work.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

Your English is grade 2 level. Disgraceful.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

Rooted out another non - American it's messed up because we have too many dumba$$  Rightwingers 

Pass the beer nuts Monty.

I find it hard to believe your education goes past primary school. You are just making drunken rants that make no sense.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, kevozman1 said:

A wife being beaten on a street corner by her boyfriend/husband is unlikely to be stopped, nevermind if it's happening behind closed curtains. Certainly not in the West, domestic voiolece has been clamped down on for decades... Anyway I think people who have integrity and a brain know what I am pointing at with these points. 

I am not condemning Thailand, I actually like the country and people overall and have done for a long time, and whilst I don't like certain aspects of Thai society, being right wing I am definitely more compatible with Thailand than a Western Liberal will ever be to the point where I know without large doses of hypocrisy you cannot exist in Thailand. So how do you guys cope? Denial? Low IQ? Sheer sociopathy? Maybe you guys are just lost? Explain.

So you are an adept of domestic violence and being a right winger you have the right to stay, be in Thailand. We liberals, no wife beaters, according to your philosophy have nothing to do in Thailand. Politely said you have a very peculiar mindset.

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

DeNiro is a true hero, and a legend, who speaks truth to extremely toxic power. Only someone obsessed with their Master, and his steady diet of lies, fabrications, hatred, and venom, would be offended by what this noble man has to say.

Trump Derangement Syndrome

FWIW Booby's probably a compromised pea doh as is your other hero Joe Biden.

All 3 are massive c units

Mandatory euthanasia at 70 solves this

Edited by BigBruv
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, kevozman1 said:

So I notice on these boards a number of people hailing from the West bringing their liberal talking points to Thailand, but still being very scathing of where they came from regarding human rights and the general level of acceptance of 'various groups' the West has from the State to the people. This wouldn't present a problem to me, if not for the obvious hypocrisy. For instance it seems unchecked migration into Western Europe is fine, but the same people will remind you that you are a migrant/expat/tourist in Thailand. When it comes to sexual relations, female employment opportunities, transsexuals and gender identity, both Thailand and the Western world are somewhat aligned, so being an honest person I will not argue on those points.

Ok then lets look further. Immigration options are heavily restricted for foreigners in Thailand. Employment options are lowered to 'jobs that Thai people cannot fill', a stark contrast to migrants in the West who cannot be discriminated against and have the same rights as life long citizens on arrival, and in some cases are favoured for employment opportunities. Now let's look into citizenship. For someone born in Thailand for them to obtain automatic citizenship at least one of their parents must be a Thai citizen. In every western country I know of, citizenship is available on birth. Again Thailand is showing a much more right wing society that these Western liberals have voluntarily migrated to. Obtaining citizenship as a migrant, in Thailand this is quite rare. In the Western world it is very common. Again exposing a much more right wing country these Western liberals are deciding to reside in. Then we look at the patriarchy. In Western Liberalism 'equality' has been preached for decades, and at this point if anything women have more rights then men when it comes to certain situations in the legal system. In Thailand whilst women have as many opportunities in the workforce as Western women do respectively in their society (and actually Thai women are more instrumental and integral to their society than Western women are to theirs, something I give huge props to Thai women over) Thai men still wear the trousers in a household. They are the boss, In the West it's the State who is the boss. Yet more inconsistencies of a Western liberal choosing to move to a country such as Thailand. Domestic violence, this is actually somewhat accepted in Thai society, it's very common. A wife being beaten on a street corner by her boyfriend/husband is unlikely to be stopped, nevermind if it's happening behind closed curtains. Certainly not in the West, domestic voiolece has been clamped down on for decades... Anyway I think people who have integrity and a brain know what I am pointing at with these points. 

I am not condemning Thailand, I actually like the country and people overall and have done for a long time, and whilst I don't like certain aspects of Thai society, being right wing I am definitely more compatible with Thailand than a Western Liberal will ever be to the point where I know without large doses of hypocrisy you cannot exist in Thailand. So how do you guys cope? Denial? Low IQ? Sheer sociopathy? Maybe you guys are just lost? Explain.

It's not that deep.

Most are just here to get laid - that's why retirees in Thailand are 99.999% male.

Edited by BigBruv
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

I moved to Thailand of two reasons: My wife is thai, and cost of living is much cheaper here than in my home country. So when I retired it was an obvious choise that we moved to Thailand. I don’t like politic in Thailand, and some times it make me regret the move, but you cannot use right or left to descirbe thai politicians. They have no ideologi, it is all about money and power. Political parties are not build around an ideologi, but around infuencial individuals. People change party all the time. Most of the politicians connected til military to day did work for Thaksin when he was in power.

• Agree 1

I know why western liberals and conservatives come to Thailand. It's the Temples and an average temperature off 33 degree celsius and an average air-humidity of 95%.

• Haha 1