Money in the bank for extension?

I always get an extension to stay based on retirement from 23 June each year. Last year I went in to do the extension on the 15th. On the 20th I had a new bank book and that shows over one million all the time since then. Take it into immigration to extend this year thinking as the book shows over 800k from 20th last year and this is ok for the extension this year. No say immigration you have to show proof of the money in the bank from the date you extended last year, the 15th. Is this correct? I thought it was 23-23 and not from the date you renew. 

Immigration is correct.

From the Police order:
image.png.e87313ab7e826faafbcdb728f20e8157.png

You were granted a new one year permission to stay on the 15th, so from that date and for the next 3 months you had to maintain the 800,000 Baht in the bank.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, proton said:

No say immigration you have to show proof of the money in the bank from the date you extended last year, the 15th. Is this correct? I thought it was 23-23 and not from the date you renew

Immigration will want bank book proof from date of extension application.

Not from expiry of previous permission of stay.

In fact some immigration offices want to see the bank book 2 months prior to previous application.

My first hand experience CW.

As per usual requirements can depend on the immigration office/officer. 

• Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

As per usual requirements can depend on the immigration office/officer. 

This is the problem isn't it, some rules aren't the same from immi office to immi office, up to the offficers discretion.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/13/2024 at 6:55 PM, proton said:

I always get an extension to stay based on retirement from 23 June each year. Last year I went in to do the extension on the 15th. On the 20th I had a new bank book and that shows over one million all the time since then. Take it into immigration to extend this year thinking as the book shows over 800k from 20th last year and this is ok for the extension this year. No say immigration you have to show proof of the money in the bank from the date you extended last year, the 15th. Is this correct? I thought it was 23-23 and not from the date you renew. 

The IO is saying "granted permission" starts when you applied - not when your new "permitted stay period" was "granted." 

Once one realizes these complex rules are only in-place to send as many applicants to an agent as possible, the picture comes into focus.  Because, obviously, your finances are not an issue.  And, Immigration can choose to waive the financials.  And, if they really cared about finances, they would not do agent-money extensions, which effectively waive the financials, at all.

2 hours ago, Rob Browder said:

Once one realizes these complex rules are only in-place to send as many applicants to an agent as possible, the picture comes into focus

The rules are clear. The OP misunderstood the requirements.

2 hours ago, Rob Browder said:

The IO is saying "granted permission" starts when you applied - not when your new "permitted stay period" was "granted." 

No he is not.

Stating that retrospective check on financials dates back to date of application for extension.

In fact some offices even want to see the 2 month bank record prior to date of current extension. 

On 6/14/2024 at 10:13 PM, DrJack54 said:

The rules are clear. The OP misunderstood the requirements.

No he is not.

Stating that retrospective check on financials dates back to date of application for extension.

In fact some offices even want to see the 2 month bank record prior to date of current extension. 

I am not surprised that some offices break the rules outright, demanding even older bank-records than the "official rules" could possibly be interpreted.  "Made Up" rules are not uncommon, in my experience, and those reported by many others.

Once people understand this isn't about "Can you really afford to be here," and is just a racket to maximize agent-applications, they can be mentally and otherwise prepared for the Thai immigration experience.  

• Thanks 1