2 overland runs used up, best to extend? Fly out to where and back from Chiang mai?

3 hours ago, jay36 said:

What is the most affordable flight run that's safe and common to do after your 2 land runs are donefor the year? Thanks!

You'd be best off getting a tourist visa somewhere nearby (Vientiane would be the most obvious choice) and entering overland with your visa.

Flying in after using up your land border visa exempt entries, probably in OUT-IN border bounce style, would be a risky move.

• Like 1

Get a real visa. With your history it is possible they refuse you to come back again. But then you have a reason to complain and to write Thailand is a difficult country for tourists.....

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

Guy is asking for advice and where is the best place to do what he needs and I’m reading all the comments and they are really not what he’s asking your  opinion on how long he’s been here and what he’s doing with Visa he would’ve asked that he’s just asking where is the best easiest place to do it and you think that people would just give an answer instead of expressing all their negative opinions. TIT

Yes, you are right, it is annoying.........🤔

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Angus55 said:

Id say a Bk Kl return .

careful broad brushing like that Angus55 😮 there are a LOT of people pulled aside at BOTH Don Mueang and Suvarnabhumi who entered by air, took their two 30 day land bounces, thought they'd fly out an back by air only to get denied entry and shipped out.
PLUS the O/P said they are in CHIANG MAI 😉 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, jay36 said:

What is the most affordable flight run that's safe and common to do after your 2 land runs are donefor the year? Thanks!

You can look online to find which destination is cheapest .

Danang  was cheapest a few years ago 

4 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

Guy is asking for advice and where is the best place to do what he needs and I’m reading all the comments and they are really not what he’s asking your  opinion on how long he’s been here and what he’s doing with Visa he would’ve asked that he’s just asking where is the best easiest place to do it and you think that people would just give an answer instead of expressing all their negative opinions. TIT

He also said "safe."
The safest option is to get a Tourist Visa at a Thai Consulate, and then return via land. 
The 2nd safest option is to get a Tourist Visa at a Thai Consulate, then return via Chiang Mai airport.
The 3rd safest option would be to stay out of Thailand a month or two, and then try returning to Chaing Mai airport visa-exempt.

In all cases, have 20K Baht worth of cash and printouts of a hotel-booking and a flight-out, booked within the permitted-stay time expected (60-days tourist-visa or 30-days visa-exempt).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Ummm sorry there at15, but Chiang Mai airport is the EASIEST of the bigger international airports to get in to (no matter what your previous entry history is) 😮 There are NO <- read that as ZERO confirmed denial of entries that I can find anywhere on the tiny part of the inter-web that relates to thailand. Not even a single one

Your not up to date with the current climate. I speak from first hand experience .

2 hours ago, Mangkhut said:

There are direct flights both to Kuala Lumpur and Hanoi from Chiang Mai - where you also can get a visa.

The Thai embassy in Hanoi won't give a tourist visa to someone coming straight from Thailand ("visa runners").

The Thai embassy in Kuala Lumpur might, I don't know about their current policy. 

In country language school visa 20k to switch from tourist for first 3 months then 12k for each 3 months after in Pattaya.  Sure there is similar in Chiang Mai my friend used to go there from here to do it.

• Like 1